• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Neol

Diggin' Echoes in the opening. Gonna miss Koichi looking completely stupid though.

Soon.
dXN0CHH.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Since when can you trademark the word 'Surface'?

The fuck are Crunchyroll even doing?
Well first off, someone does own the trademark for Surface. So that's a thing.

But we also live in a world where a computer company has the word "Apple" trademarked and uses it to bully grocery stores. So yeah, blame US law for that one.

But the biggest concern isn't whether someone CAN trademark something, but rather if they will sue about it. Even if Viz/Warner wins, any lawsuit from an asshole band would bankrupt the franchise.

Don't rush to blame Crunchyroll for the name changes; I imagine the Japanese licensor required all the stand names to be changed in the English subs out of fear of potential legal trouble.

RIP Standing Koichi, his pose shall become a ghost now.

Glad we got to see Yukako even if just for a second, can't wait for next week.

Also: you ok, reatard? i am wood.

Hatty

Heres what Hazamada looks like at first in the manga for those curious

hSZEUgn.png

This fight is cool in the manga because its when the art shift first becomes apparent. Up until this point Part 4 looked a lot like Part 3 but after this fight it started to look more cartoony

Eumi

That bit with RHCP at the end cemented it: I'm pretty sure the Chille Pepper stuff will be amazing once animated. No spoilers, but the user is amazingly done in All Star Battle, and so far they given Chille Pepper the level of threat a stand of pure electricity needs.

On the subject of the art, I like Hazamada being tiny from the beginning. He was always a little shit and honestly I felt it was weirder when this big, grown ass jotaro looking guy was whining about his friends badmouthing idols he liked. This way the idea of a weak creep hiding behind his stand comes across much clearer. Kind of the same thing with last week too. Luckily this is the last time they'll have to make a decision like this with the art, everyone else is pretty consistent from now on, if I remember correctly.

Sou Da

That bit with RHCP at the end cemented it: I'm pretty sure the Chille Pepper stuff will be amazing once animated. No spoilers, but the user is amazingly done in All Star Battle, and so far they given Chille Pepper the level of threat a stand of pure electricity needs.

On the subject of the art, I like Hazamada being tiny from the beginning. He was always a little shit and honestly I felt it was weirder when this big, grown ass jotaro looking guy was whining about his friends badmouthing idols he liked. This way the idea of a weak creep hiding behind his stand comes across much clearer. Kind of the same thing with last week too. Luckily this is the last time they'll have to make a decision like this with the art, everyone else is pretty consistent from now on, if I remember correctly.

Seconded.

Soriku

It seems like 99% of all Stand users are legit sociopaths. I think there were two firsts in this episode, unless I forgot something in Part 3?

1. The first time a Stand user actually argues with their own Stand.
2. The first time a Stand user gets defeated by normal humans.

Felt that confrontation could have been more interesting than it turned out, with a stand like that. Somehow reminded me a lot of a Part 3 fight, from its pacing to its resolution.

A lot of these creative Stands could be used in LOTS of interesting scenarios. But instead of reusing them, Araki would rather move on to a new one (for villains anyway) so we can only have what we get.

This shot got me super hyped for some reason

This shot was cool.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
First episode of DIU I was "meh" towards. I love how Star Platinum's power is common knowledge now.

Has anyone hyper analyzed those mangas in Hazamadas locker? One of them looked like a volume of Steel Ball Run but I couldn't tell what the others were

A lot of these creative Stands could be used in LOTS of interesting scenarios. But instead of reusing them, Araki would rather move on to a new one (for villains anyway) so we can only have what we get.

Without spoilering anything, we do get stand re-use a bit starting in part 4, and IMO it's the part that handles the creativity aspect of stands the best without them being just fucking broken. I appreciate that.

PK Gaming

Episode was pretty good.

Art seemed to be a lower quality than usual, but still pretty decent for the most part. Hazamada always disappointed me since his stand had incredible potential for tense action, but the fight itself is merely "okay."

At least he got a righteous ass beating.

We should get a stand name generator by Crunchyroll

Speaking of, found a nice one

Used Kanye West's Graduation and Rihanna's Anti got these

Stand Name: Stronger

Stand Ability: [Smoke Regeneration](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Smoke_Regeneration)

Power - B

Speed - B

Range - E

Durability - E

Precision - E

Potential - A

Description: The ability to regenerate using smoke. Technique of Smoke Manipulation, variation of Elemental Regeneration. The user can use smoke to regenerate their bodies with the amount of smoke used defining the speed of healing.

Stand Name: Love on the Brain

Stand Ability: [Mental Manipulation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Mental_Manipulation)

Power - C

Speed - E

Range - C

Durability - A

Precision - A

Potential - A

Description: The power to manipulate thoughts, mindsets, and upper brain functions of others. Sub-power of Telepathy. The user can manipulate, modify and control the thoughts, mindsets, and upper brain functions, allowing the ability to render others unconscious, suppress their memories, and negate the use of abilities, increase/decrease mental capacity, modify minds to be agreeable, sway sensations to induce altered perception, bestow mental disorders or break down mental barriers.

Hatty

It's a small town and they know it well
Echoes also has a pretty good range so he can have a birds eye view if he wants

FluxWaveZ

How did they even know where to go then? How did Koichi know what sound to pick at the time?

What do you mean? They both overheard where the enemy told Josuke to go to. The enemy then proceeded to take the most direct route to that location. Being one step ahead, they had to create a way to delay the enemy's meet-up with Josuke and they'd naturally both know that there are train tracks on the way, so Koichi used that as a distraction.

What do you mean? They both overheard where the enemy told Josuke to go to. The enemy then proceeded to take the most direct route to that location. Being one step ahead, they had to create a way to delay the enemy's meet-up with Josuke and they'd naturally both know that there are train tracks on the way, so Koichi used that as a distraction.

I mean finding them outside the place where Jousuke threw the bottle.

Top Bottom