• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Blues1990

Man, if Koichi had just accepted her offer at the cafe, this wouldn't have escalated so badly.

She still would have been crazy, but at least he might have gotten laid.

Depending on how this will go, I hope Yukako will not only respect Koichi's feelings, I also hope she will become much more mellow and relaxed.

I have this weird feeling that echoes is gonna be alot like cell, now I wonder what came first

I am pretty sure the Cell Arc came first, but barely. Part 4 and Cell Saga were running at the same time. Koichi's hair and Echoes appearance are references though.

DiB started in 1992 and the chapter where Piccolo meets Cell in the city was March 1992.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I am pretty sure the Cell Arc came first, but barely. Part 4 and Cell Saga were running at the same time. Koichi's hair and Echoes appearance are references though.

DiB started in 1992 and the chapter where Piccolo meets Cell in the city was March 1992.
togashi and araki must really love that arc, or atleast really love cell's design/concept.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
They somehow made the opening song worse than before by getting rid of that bombastic intro. Not a fan at all.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
They somehow made the opening song worse than before by getting rid of that bombastic intro. Not a fan at all.

Well, its 40 episodes so they will switch it out altogether at some point around 20. Just a few more months to go!

Astral

I don't think it's gonna be something permanent. There are spots where the remix doesn't match at all with the visuals. It feels like they were just messing around with it to see what it was like. I hope so anyway.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Oh yeah, they'll definitely change it back/to something else at some point, I'm not worried. It's just that the original was already the weakest OP song as far as I'm concerned, and this new version is even weaker.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, they'll definitely change it back/to something else at some point, I'm not worried. It's just that the original was already the weakest OP song as far as I'm concerned, and this new version is even weaker.

While this is true, JoJo OPs are so god-tier that it still is an amazing song. Nothing will ever top Roundabout for best ED though.

jrcbandit

Well, given that Koichi's stand had hatched from an egg, I'm hoping Echoes will get a power boost somewhere down the line. Especially since the most common thing a Stand does is to punch the living tar out of your opponents.

Couldn't they update it with the characters having flip phones & such? Then again, given how rural the town is, I guess phone reception will be pretty crummy, even in the year of 1999.

It's understandable that high school students didn't own cell phones back in 1999. However, it's inexcusable that Jotaro doesn't own one which would have come in handy the previous episode, considering how rich he is. Bad cell reception, well he could also easily afford a satellite phone.

It's understandable that high school students didn't own cell phones back in 1999. However, it's inexcusable that Jotaro doesn't own one which would have come in handy the previous episode, considering how rich he is. Bad cell reception, well he could also easily afford a satellite phone.

Is Jotaro rich? I thought it was Joseph who is still getting all that Speed Wagon $$$

Matsukaze

A lot of scientists IRL are broke as fuck though. But if he's funded by SpeedWagon as well then that works for me.
The Joestar family was stinkin' rich to begin with. Even if the Speedwagon Foundation randomly and inexplicably decided to sever ties with the Joestars, they still have enough money to last them a lifetime or three. Jotaro could probably convince Joseph to give him money with a simple "I need money. Got stuff to do."

The Joestar family was stinkin' rich to begin with. Even if the Speedwagon Foundation randomly and inexplicably decided to sever ties with the Joestars, they still have enough money to last them a lifetime or three. Jotaro could probably convince Joseph to give him money with a simple "I need money. Got stuff to do."
"Remember when I drove my hand into your chest and revived your old ass?"

Blues1990

Good point, and well made. Jotaro would be comfortably well off with both his field of study and working for the Speedwagon Foundation, so it's not like he's even remotely dirt poor. I mean, look at the clean-cut suit he's wearing!

But with regards to the first point, it's a completely different story in Japan, even in the year of 1992 when Part 4 first came out. Flip phones were starting to become pretty common in most metropolitan areas, and internet service was introduced in the year of 1999. But then again, I'm trying to put logic in the situation, & even if Koichi had a cellphone on hand (some families had one for emergencies), Yukako would've taken it away from him.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe it is? Remember back to episode 1. Koichi was the narrator at the beginning.

Sure, at this point, I'm content that there's at least been an equal amount of spotlight on Koichi as there has been for Josuke, and comparatively little for Jotaro.

Though, there's the guy with The Hand whose name I still forget because he hasn't really done much as of yet. There's been a lot of talk about how much of an idiot he supposedly is in this thread (with a reference to that in the recent episode), but I can't say there's been much evidence to this in the show itself so far other than his brother and Josuke constantly going "You're an idiot" as a basic insult, and a mistake he made in his battle against Josuke.

PixelatedBookake

Sure, at this point, I'm content that there's at least been an equal amount of spotlight on Koichi as there has been for Josuke, and comparatively little for Jotaro.

Though, there's the guy with The Hand whose name I still forget because he hasn't really done much as of yet. There's been a lot of talk about how much of an idiot he supposedly is in this thread (with a reference to that in the recent episode), but I can't say there's been much evidence to this in the show itself so far other than his brother and Josuke constantly going "You're an idiot" as a basic insult, and a mistake he made in his battle against Josuke.

One of the highlights of Part 4 is how much screen time the side characters get when compared to the protagonist. The variety this adds keeps the fights from feeling stale like Part 3 and its punch ghost and sword ghost fights being most of the stand battles. Also, as for Okuyasu, that might just be manga readers who already know what dumb antics he pulls off and are trying not to spoil them.

cntr

Banned
It's not Koichi's Bizarre Adventure, he just gets a lot of focus in the first parts because Araki doesn't want to keep writing variations on the Jojo Kid.

It's not Koichi's Bizarre Adventure, he just gets a lot of focus in the first parts because Araki doesn't want to keep writing variations on the Jojo Kid.
I can't even complain about more Koichi kun since the kid can't even punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

people have been having fun again

207.png

3c9.png

5ee.png

Eumi

Ok, ED talk. If they decide to do the YES thing again where it'll begin during the episode and lead into the credits, they better use (stand spoilers if you care)
another one bites the dust
, since like Roundabout it also starts kind of slow with a lead in.

One of the highlights of Part 4 is how much screen time the side characters get when compared to the protagonist. The variety this adds keeps the fights from feeling stale like Part 3 and its punch ghost and sword ghost fights being most of the stand battles. Also, as for Okuyasu, that might just be manga readers who already know what dumb antics he pulls off and are trying not to spoil them.

I mean Part 3 felt at some points like Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure. I think the difference is that Part 4 is giving screen time to the right side characters.

Fandangox

I mean Part 3 felt at some points like Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure. I think the difference is that Part 4 is giving screen time to the right side characters.

Polnareff was good, but it was mostly his and Jotaro's show. Part 4 shares the spotlight more evenly between everyone, Okayasu is probably the one worst off in that regard.

Top Bottom