• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Andrew J.

My gut tells me the ED for the second half of Part 4 is going to be rock. Say, British rock. Perhaps, a thematically appropriate British rock song released in 1980.

Just a hunch.

EDIT: Well, less hunch and more my personal wish lol.

They've avoided songs and bands that are also Stand names so far; don't think they'll stop now.

If Okayasu wanted to get closer to Yukako and Koichi why didn't he just use the Hand to bring them closer to him? Watching these two idiots enjoying their live action soap opera is hilarious. Yukako wants every piece of that small ass Koichi kun cake.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'd like to think it would be from the 90s again.

What about something grungier like Bush's Machine Head?

Oh my fucking god. Just walk away Koichi kun, you don't need to dip your dick in crazy...But dat sweater doe...wouldn't be JJBA without some random batshit shit happening. This woman eyeballed Koichi's measurements perfectly and something tells me that's not her stand power. Yukako with that jealous mean bitch Jojo pose, damn. Class rep probably about to get fucked up. Yukako's hot as fuck, but her head is fucked. I'm confused with this one, I wouldn't know whether to avoid her or just say fuck it and just not deal with other women. She's devoted as hell, but also she's crazy.

Matsukaze

I'd like to think it would be from the 90s again.

What about something grungier like Bush's Machine Head?
Depends on how much, if any, significance they place on an ending song's thematic relation.

If the powers-that-be play it looser like they did with "I Want You", then Machine Head is a decent pick (but I'm biased, bc I personally love that beat).
If they want something more closely linked to a specific aspect of Part 4 content, like they did with "Walk Like an Egyptian" for SC, then the needle on the compass is probably pointing in another direction (but again, I'm biased here, because my golden pick, however sweet, is not going to be cheap).

Guess Who

Banned
I just noticed Josuke has a little bandage under his eye from where he almost poked his eye out last episode.

B0pd4Mn.png

cntr

Banned
Oh yeah, also:

"Stand users are drawn to each other" is an important piece of info. All those coincidences in Part 3? Everything that happens in Part 4 and onwards? STAND FATE is the key.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Depends on how much, if any, significance they place on an ending song's thematic relation.

If the powers-that-be play it looser like they did with "I Want You", then Machine Head is a decent pick (but I'm biased, bc I personally love that beat).
If they want something more closely linked to a specific aspect of Part 4 content, like they did with "Walk Like an Egyptian" for SC, then the needle on the compass is probably pointing in another direction (but again, I'm biased here, because my golden pick, however sweet, is not going to be cheap).

Music liscensing is weird in Japan, using big name bands isn't as prohibitive as it is in the west. (Probably because western acts aren't as big and have no influence here) You hear things like the beatles on variety shows all the time, even though everyone made a big deal when they used em in Mad Men.

If they use Queen I'd like "you're my best friend", "who wants to live forever", or "play the game."

As a manga reader, seeing Yukako reminded me how much I
didn't approve of the pairing in the end. Araki tried to make it cute but naw man she's crazy af.

I still think she's cute tho.

ylEQtI6.png

if you ever wanted to know

Dat Prince album..

Why doesn't Koichi just call Josuke on his cell phone? This anime is so dumb.

Part 4 takes place in the late 90s. You know, before cellphones were commonplace?

Why doesn't Koichi just call Josuke on his cell phone? This anime is so dumb.

well part 4 is set in the year 1999 and was written in 1992 and in 1992 cellphones looked like this

1992.jpg

i dont think Koichi could just keep his cellphone in his pocket, and if he could Yukako would just take it away considering she cut the phone line

Tizoc

Oh yeah, also:

"Stand users are drawn to each other" is an important piece of info. All those coincidences in Part 3? Everything that happens in Part 4 and onwards? STAND FATE is the key.

Yup, it's kinda Araki's way of handwaving how all the characters end up encountering each other.

Oh and in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, this encounter takes cues from this Stephen King story-
ifcEkd2.jpg

jett

D-Member
Bringing up the Palm comparison again from HxH, they're both fairly similar and Palm does become a prominent character in that show after her introduction.

tumblr_ms52n15gn71rhv8lio2_500.gif

Though I dunno if Yukako will after this all blows over. I'm guessing she'll have the same frequency of appearances as that small dude with the money chest stand so far.

Palm is kind of a Yukako ripoff isn't she.

She's always been like this.

Yukako's stand is based on her obsession with beautify, thus hair manipulation.

Well that's scary. So with this being somewhat based on Misery I take it Yukako's going to try to smash Koichi's ankles with a sledgehammer?

Tizoc

Well that's scary. So with this being somewhat based on Misery I take it Yukako's going to try to smash Koichi's ankles with a sledgehammer?
My memory of the encounter in the manga is rather dim but he can always echoes her ino not doing that xp

Blues1990

He has to be careful since his Stand is pretty weak against her in a upfront fight.

This is a good point, as during his confrontation with Tamami showed that Echoes is an incredibly weak stand, as far as physical power is concerned. Koichi has to be pretty tactful (which isn't something he's good at) to make sure he can strike before Yukako does something incredibly horrible to him.

This is a good point, as during his confrontation with Tamami showed that Echoes is an incredibly weak stand, as far as physical power is concerned. Koichi has to be pretty tactful (which isn't something he's good at) to make sure he can strike before Yukako does something incredibly horrible to him.
It's kind of sad that Echoes can't even physically over power the hair stand of a high school girl. Koichi can't even lift himself up, but the hair stand did it with ease.

well part 4 is set in the year 1999 and was written in 1992 and in 1992 cellphones looked like this

1992.jpg

i dont think Koichi could just keep his cellphone in his pocket, and if he could Yukako would just take it away considering she cut the phone line

Dude cummooonnn. There were fucking payphones. And rotary phones. Its fuckin obvious Koichi has no cell phone. I was trying to make a funny :(

Blues1990

It's kind of sad that Echoes can't even physically over power the hair stand of a high school girl. Koichi can't even lift himself up, but the hair stand did it with ease.

Well, given that Koichi's stand had hatched from an egg, I'm hoping Echoes will get a power boost somewhere down the line. Especially since the most common thing a Stand does is to punch the living tar out of your opponents.

1992.jpg

Couldn't they update it with the characters having flip phones & such? Then again, given how rural the town is, I guess phone reception will be pretty crummy, even in the year of 1999.

Well, given that Koichi's stand had hatched from an egg, I'm hoping Echoes will get a power boost somewhere down the line. Especially since the most common thing a Stand does is to punch the living tar out of your opponents.

Well, it is called Echoes Act 1 when the mid-episode portfolios come up.

Palm and Yukako are both based on the same kind of mythological ghost creature. It's the same kind of ubiquitous long black haired ghost girl in The Ring, which existed way before The Ring

Would be a damn shame if Imperfect Cell couldn't punch the shit out of someone. His stand is probably at least physically weaker than Hierophant Green.

Top Bottom