• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Tizoc

Polnareff singing about his glory days of Stand Battling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt1VhcANz70
The video has no spoilers, but if you have issues figuring out what he says, well nobody ever cared about the words in a Metal song and you shouldn't either :V

CjmauZEVEAEdcEI.jpg:large

lmao

I did not know this was the Cap meme until someone posted about it XP

jstripes

Banned
I love how Jotaro's theme is used for the "next episode" thing this season.

That's the most memorable theme in the show so far.

Crocodile

Tbh the best thing about JoJo is the parts aspect. It's genius and no one has ever stolen it for 30 years. It's the old cross generation story you see sometimes like with Gundam AGE or Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War or Phantasy star 3 but done way harder. It also allows for soft reboots whenever the author wants. Of course it wouldn't be fit for a story that's nearly a Homeric epic in scope like One Piece but it sure as Shit stops it from growing stale and Araki doesn't care much for a huge overarching plot aside from Dio.

Of course JoJo is monthly now and Part 7 was 8 years long and Part 8 is past 5 but that's a trade-off for better art, story telling and more content.

Nickelodeon's Avatar kind of takes this premise but we will likely never get a Part 3. I agree though, a lot of shonen I've encountered (Naruto and Bleach being prime examples) would have been massively improved if they took the Jojo model.

Grexeno

Nickelodeon's Avatar kind of takes this premise but we will likely never get a Part 3. I agree though, a lot of shonen I've encountered (Naruto and Bleach being prime examples) would have been massively improved if they took the Jojo model.
There's really nothing about Naruto or Bleach that lends to a JoJo model.

Ezalc

Gundam AGE did this, but we don't talk about Gundam AGE here.

cntr

Banned
Araki can manage it by not really caring about continuity, having a big imagination, and having Stands, which can be literally anything you can think of

The world didn't really need 600 eps of Nardo, The Sauce and Pepto Bismol hair. They should've wrapped that shit up in 100 eps and move onto better characters.
Well we've got Boruto now.
... *cough*

One chapter in and it's already shit
It turned to shit in two pages. Best part of that damn movie is Sasuke and the heavily under used Sarada.

5 already kind of has that a central theme, though.

The original reveal trailer was
"You are Slave. Want emancipation?" along with the ball and chain imagery. And the Velvet Room is explicitly prison-themed with Igor referring to himself as "warden."
I guess that means Persona 5 also includes Persona 6.

Crocodile

Naruto is literally split into a Part I and Part II. We didn't need 700 chapters and god knows however many episodes of that same cast. Shit could have been wrapped up sooner. The "Part System" doesn't work as well for global conflict as it does for say regional/local conflicts but considering that Kishimoto is clearly not that great at writing some sprawling epic, maybe he shouldn't have?

For Bleach the major plot thread for most of the manga was Aizen. From the end of the War with Heueco Mondo to the Fullbringers could have been a real, clean break if Kubo had written the manga with that in mind. Instead we have the shinigami come in at the end of the day to ruin the arc after a shitty "twist". Then we move onto some shitty last arc with the same dumb cast that has gotten too big going on for like 3 years now. It didn't have to be this way.

Obviously you can't just slap the "Part System" on these manga as already written but considering both had a series of clean breaks in the narratives, have bloated & underdeveloped casts and effectively ran out of good ideas within the context of their current worlds relatively quickly, I don't think its unfair there is a large chance they would have been improve if written in Parts from the start. They could have used the soft restarts.

Araki can manage it by not really caring about continuity, having a big imagination, and having Stands, which can be literally anything you can think of

While I would argue it would be better if Araki cared a bit more about continuity than he already does, to say he doesn't really care at all would be inaccurate.

Top Bottom