• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

PK Gaming

It couldn't quite capture the sheer insanity I felt when reading the manga, but it was still extremely close (especially that ending)

Next week should be great

Feltrol

Banned
Diamond is Unbreakable - Ep. 10

So it was all
a misunderstanding
! Now I'm hungry, too...

This must be the work of an enemy Stand one of my favorite episodes of JoJo of all time. They really nailed it!

Feltrol

Banned
Can I have Pearl Jam in my food? I could use some of the health benefits.

I've put some thought into it... and yeah -- I'd probably like to feel intense pain for a moment and be cured forever rather than keep suffering from it.

Please cure my stress and my insomnia!

DiU strikes a good balance between serious fights (like the next one) and "fights" that you would have to struggle to describe as a battle. They are just goofy encounters with the fun characters clashing.

Neoxon

We all do
This is the stand you wish existed in real life
All of one's obesity problems solved in an instant
I've put some thought into it... and yeah -- I'd probably like to feel intense pain for a moment and be cured forever rather than keep suffering from it.

Please cure my stress and my insomnia!
I know, right? Imagine the good that Tonio could do for humanity with Pearl Jam. Cure everyone's health problems with amazing food? That's a win-win situation.

Conversation at work today.

Boss: "Spindashing, what do you want to eat for lunch?"

Me: "It's all the same shit around here, I don't really have a preference."

Boss: "You're right. But there's a place not too far that makes a real good pasta. Let's do it."

JoJo in real life.

Lunar15

That was an interesting episode, if only for the subversion to the typical antagonistic scenarios that have been common in Parts 3 and 4. It wasn't my favorite episode to date, though. All the talking it up like it would be the best definitely didn't make itself apparent to me but, then again, that's common when a lot of things are hyped up to that extent.

With Part 4, the most hyped up stuff is usually the dumbest/silliest stuff. Like punching spaghetti. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for that. I did wonder how all the hyping-up would impact fresh eyes, though.

Don't worry, there's still hot blooded and dramatic fights, and those are really great.

FluxWaveZ

With Part 4, the most hyped up stuff is usually the dumbest/silliest stuff. Like punching spaghetti. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for that. I did wonder how all the hyping-up would impact fresh eyes, though.

Don't worry, there's still hot blooded and dramatic fights, and those are really, really great.

I don't particularly need hot blooded or dramatic fights, but this one kind of reminded me of a typical Gintama one-off episode, which isn't necessarily bad, but also didn't make it incredible or anything. I much preferred the encounter with Yukako to this one, for example.

convo

I don't particularly need hot blooded or dramatic fights, but this one kind of reminded me of a typical Gintama one-off episode, which isn't necessarily bad, but also didn't make it incredible or anything. I much preferred the encounter with Yukako to this one, for example.

It's more of Araki getting his culture on in the series, he loves putting in trivia and stuff about western things just because he likes it. It might seem like random bullshit a lot of the time, and really it probably doesn't have any impact on the story either, but it is endearing how he gets into so much detail about these things in an absurd way.

It also shows in characters who have some really obscure knowledge about things almost as if the author just read about it somewhere and lifted it one to one to use in the series.
Believe me ,throughout the series it becomes apparent how and why this series is so fucking hilariously stupid sometimes.

David did leave out the part where Tonio talks about how a certain part of Italy has almost no diseases and everyone lives a long life because of the food they eat.

Araki's favorite things:
1. Western music
2. Italy
3. Horror movies

It also shows in characters who have some really obscure knowledge about things almost as if the author just read about it somewhere and lifted it one to one to use in the series.
Believe me ,throughout the series it becomes apparent how and why this series is so fucking hilariously stupid sometimes.

Yeah like Okuyasu describing tomato and mozzarella as being similar to a Simon and Garfunkel duet. It's such a weird comparison.

convo

This part in particular was how most fans started to ask the question
'what's the deal with the author ? Why is this guy doing weird stuff like this?'
This episode was a big deal to people who have completed this part and beyond,because it showed some more faceds to how this manga,this series got made.

Hatty

This encounter was when Part 4 clicked for me. This part is just weird low key encounters and I love it

I dunno, I just really dislike the whole "people orgasming over food" shtick whenever it happens. In anime, or western animation, or sitcoms.

Tizoc

I dunno, I just really dislike the whole "people orgasming over food" shtick whenever it happens. In anime, or western animation, or sitcoms.
How exactly was okuyasu orgasming over food in this ep? For most of the ep he was skeptical abut eating tonio's dishes

Grexeno

JoJo's Spaghetti-Punching Adventure: Spaghetti is Unbreakable 10: Let's Go Punch Some Spaghetti

Ulz71pK.png

wOPBW0W.png

XuzQcU7.png

convo

As someone who used to eat cheese sandwiches most afternoons for about 5 years, it starts to become stale, and sometime after that i started to appreciate food more that was outside my own experience. I myself won't have such an emotional reaction to food.
Live-action overreactions are grating to me too.
But with these fictional charcters i can get descriptors of tastes that some writer wrote up about the food, almost like good critique with some visuals to go with it.
Not every scene like that is good in most mediums of course, a lot of the time it falls apart for me but this chapter made we want to try mozzarella and tomatoes and even if i didn't react that much to it at least i tried something new.

Top Bottom