• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Also we should be getting a new OP really soon, right? With this episode it basically covered every characer shown in the OP(and ED for thát matter aswell as the references that came from this first 10 episodes) I assume they switched to the remix song because thwy're changing it real soon

Also we should be getting a new OP really soon, right? With this episode it basically covered every characer shown in the OP(and ED for thát matter aswell as the references that came from this first 10 episodes) I assume they switched to the remix song because thwy're changing it real soon
My guess is that Episode 14 or 15 gonna be a new OP.

Next Episode is 11 and the arc after that gonna be 2 or 3 parts most likely.

Guys why is this fight better than Josuke's fights? The transitions, the inventiveness and the overall package in general. And I like Josuke's fights. Maybe I just like this one a lot cause the female is actually competent in this fight and Koichi has to get pretty god damn inventive.

Josuke gets fights that are a lot better as this part progresses, the early fights are incredibly weak in comparison.
I guess I just like the lack of punching ghosts for this fight. It's a Michael Winslow stand vs a psychotic hair stand. Also is Echoes like the cutest stand?

I was 95% sure they were going to revert the intro song. Next friday I am actually going to load up ep 7, watch the intro, then swtich to ep 10.

Seeing Echo's further Cell homages - evolving from a shed exoskeleton, gradually looking more humanoid, those little armored sections on his eyes, crotch, etc that Toriyama likes to draw into everything - was pretty funny.

Raxus

I was 95% sure they were going to revert the intro song. Next friday I am actually going to load up ep 7, watch the intro, then swtich to ep 10.

The EDM version is pretty bad which is sad considering how fun the OG version is. I am guessing they will continue to update the OP as the show goes on. Jazz version?

Squishy3

Seeing Echo's further Cell homages - evolving from a shed exoskeleton, gradually looking more humanoid, those little armored sections on his eyes, crotch, etc that Toriyama likes to draw into everything - was pretty funny.
Don't forget Red Hot Chili Peppers is basically Imperfect Cell mixed with one of those egghead dinosaurs. (Their name escapes me at the moment.)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Are there japanese characters for the sound of unlocking? If there is, potentially koichi could have gotten out(and gone to the bathroom) alot sooner

Blues1990

Are there japanese characters for the sound of unlocking? If there is, potentially koichi could have gotten out(and gone to the bathroom) alot sooner

Maybe. But considering that he was under a lot of stress from a psychotic (and stubborn) woman that has the hots for him, I can't blame him if he'd didn't consider that as an option. Also, keep in mind that he wanted to keep Echoes as his trump card against the overly psychopathic Yukako, which had worked out in the end.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

There are onomatopeias for pretty much anything and everything in Japanese. And if there aren't, the Japanese can essentially make up new ones on the fly.

I'm not even joking.

massoluk

Banned
I feel like I should realized how Echoes' trick with the public phone worked... This is like a blast from the past that I can't recall. Help?

edit: Ahh, I see, it's already posted

Guess Who

Banned
I feel like I should realized how Echoes' trick with the public phone worked... This is like a blast from the past that I can't recall. Help?

When you press a number key on a phone to dial, it makes a tone over the line representing that number for the system to interpret. He used Echoes to make the series of tones representing Josuke's phone number.

Badger

Not liking the op remix, hoping there's a new op soon. Really enjoyed Koichi's fight, reminds me of everything I enjoy about JoJo.

tumblr_o7uj6l2xdT1u21ng6o1_540.gif

tumblr_inline_o7uj5lqHuV1seenuz_540.png

Kaizer

Banned
As everyone else has said, I'd write more weekly reviews for JoJo's but they'd pretty much be all the same: this show is FANTASTIC. As an anime-only watcher, I've really enjoyed the inventiveness of the Stand's thus far & really like how the story is a little parred down to the strange happenings of this one quirky town.

Reverb/Echoes 2nd form is pretty cool, and I love the way Koichi has been using his powers. When the season first started I was sure he would be relegated to a powerless jobber on the sidelines for Josuke - the focus on him so far is refreshing & awesome.

FluxWaveZ

The way Koichi was freaking the hell out that his Persona Stand had died was pretty funny. "Died from despair"? This is the second time something's been going on with his power that someone else has noticed which he's been completely oblivious towards. Despite Stands being a reflection of mental power and them being physically connected to a user, it doesn't seem like there's much there in terms of spiritual bond thus far.

Oberon

Banned
The way Koichi was freaking the hell out that his Persona Stand had died was pretty funny. "Died from despair"? This is the second time something's been going on with his power that someone else has noticed which he's been completely oblivious towards. Despite Stands being a reflection of mental power and them being physically connected to a user, it doesn't seem like there's much there in terms of spiritual bond thus far.

Jotaro did think he was possesed by a spirit when he got his stand. So it makes sense that not everyone understand their stand powers right away.

FluxWaveZ

Jotaro did think he was possesed by a spirit when he got his stand. So it makes sense that not everyone understand their stand powers right away.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Like Jotaro who similarly freaked out when he was being manifested by Star Platinum.

For obvious reasons, I think a lot about personas in the Persona series when it comes to stands, but the entities in that series are very much meant to be another facet of someone like an extra limb, working in perfect tandem and with the user being perfectly knowledgeable about everything that's going on with their Persona, since it's them. Stands in Jojo's seem more like tools, in that respect.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man this season is just GUREITO. The animation is nice, the artstyle is nice, the colours are nice. JoJo just gets better and better.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's what I meant. Like Jotaro who similarly freaked out when he was being manifested by Star Platinum.

For obvious reasons, I think a lot about personas in the Persona series when it comes to stands, but the entities in that series are very much meant to be another facet of someone like an extra limb, working in perfect tandem and with the user being perfectly knowledgeable about everything that's going on with their Persona, since it's them. Stands in Jojo's seem more like tools, in that respect.

Stands tend to vary a lot in terms of sentience. Some are more like tools with zero personality, like Hermit Purple and the Emperor (Hol Horse's pistol Stand), while others are fully sentient and act automatically without the need for direct control, like the Empress (the tumor-like Stand Joseph fought in the first half of SC). Star Platinum is a good example of a semi-sentient Stand that feels like an extension of its user's soul, like a Persona, since it'll occasionally show what emotions Jotaro is having (like how it smirks when it punches that shark) and act on its own to protect its user (catching the bullet in the first episode of SC). Jotaro is still able to control Star Platinum directly, and he gained a deeper understanding of its abilities over time rather than understanding it completely right away.

Do they ever state how long Josuke had his stand? He seemed to know the potential of it's abilities from the first episode...minus not being able to respawn people.

Daingurse

Man this adaption has been really solid and enjoyable. Don't have a single complaint thus far, this has really be meeting my expectations. I fucking loved Part 4, and this anime is really reminding me of that fact.

Finalow

not the biggest fan of the beginning of DIU (you could argue it only gets better now), especially of the last 2 enemy stands, but David Pro has been doing such a great job with this part that I can only sit back and enjoy everything I see. A+

everyone should look forward to see the next episode because I believe it's going to be amazing.

I know what I'm eating while I watch next week's episode.

let me guess, you spent $30 for that fucking beggar's meal? :lol
you reminded me to read that thread again, it never gets old.

We all know in reality its not about the Joestars if you really think about it.

Part 1: Speedwagon´s Bizarre Adventure
Part 2: Stroheim´s Bizarre Adventure
Part 3: Polnareff´s Bizarre Adventure
Part 4: Koichi´s Bizarre Adventure

This is why I was confused:
MfVx619.jpg

It does mention Dio's defeat, but also Holly's disease as a result, which isn't possible because that's the reason they had to fight Dio in the first place.

Leezard

This is why I was confused:
http://i.imgur.com/MfVx619.jpg[IMG]

It does mention Dio's defeat, but also Holly's disease as a result, which isn't possible because that's the reason they had to fight Dio in the first place.[/QUOTE]

It's a bit unclear on the page, but they meant Josuke got sick at the same time as Holly, and both of them were sick before Dio was defeated.

Top Bottom