• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Genryu

Banned
3G9WMLC.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wasn't there a Courage the Cowardly Dog episode that was literally the same as this?

Goes into suspicious hamburger joint. Then the twist happens at the end where
nothing bad happens

Breads

Banned
Did literally go back to meaning not literally again?

Great episode, as expected. Loved Okuyasu's big stupid grin. Holy shit when he took his jacket off though. Dude is jacked. They don't make 16 year old anime characters like that any more.

TheOGB

Banned
This episode was hilariously outrageous but I hate it because it made me really hungry, and sad that that stand doesn't actually exist

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really don't think they were totally in pain too. Like, Okuyasu didn't scream when his stomach burst out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder what 3500 Yen is in 1999 money
Well the chapter was written in 1992, so I'll go with that. The yen to USD exchange rate then was 125:1, so it was $28 1992 Dollars, which in 2016 dollars is $48.

So pretty expensive for a bunch of high school kids, but not to bad.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The fact that he could even talk while his chipped teeth came out and new ones were growing should also be a sign that yeah, it looks painful but is actually painless.

ScribbleD

Something else to appreciate about this episode is that they're starting to play with a running motif that's been around since part 1 of "you can tell someone is really evil because they hurt a dog." They turn that upside down in a way that enhances the twist.

Blues1990

Something else to appreciate about this episode is that they're starting to play with a running motif that's been around since part 1 of "you can tell someone is really evil because they hurt a dog." They turn that upside down in a way that enhances the twist.

It made it all the more shocking that it was an adorable little puppy, that at first glance, got it's digestive system organs flown out of it's body. Speaking of which, it makes me wonder just how gory the Blu-Ray release will be, because the various innards/scratching/fuckin' jaw almost ripping out actually made me slightly squeamish at gore for the first time in quite a while.

Also, I wonder if these things will help fix my constipation?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yeah, I was pretty convinced that nothing was going to happen, but the dog scene took me for a sucker haha.

I loved this episode, I was kinda already figuring it out but I enjoyed the ride

The fun part was that it wasn't really a twist to predict since they give you the two possible outcomes right from the start and then ping pongs between them making you wonder which one we're gonna end on. It makes you gasp at the horror sections and ponder how they're going to explain away this one as it escalates.

GUYS WHAT THE FUCK AM I WATCHING? A dog just fucking exploded by eating a fucking lamb chop? Was that a red pepper stand? Toni Trendy takes his job too seriously, at least he's not running around trying to murder folks.

cntr

Banned
I find it weird that Trussardi's name is changed as well as his Stand, but then you got Okuyasu mentioning a lot of copyrighted stuff.
Technically, they're not copyrighted, they're trademarked.

The difference is that you can use the names and refer to the artists whenever, but you can't pretend to be them. So naming characters is out, mentioning in dialogue is fine.
Makes you wonder about Kars. I guess he is "less" evil unlike most of the others.
That's to set up Ultimate Kars having ALL OF NATURE inside him.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Shriveling eyeballs? Doesn't even make me cry.
Teeth shooting out of mouth? Doesn't even make me cringe.
Exploding innards? Doesn't even make my stomach turn.

But scratching off dead skin to the bone? Nope nope nope nope, too gross, makes my skin crawl.

Shriveling eyeballs? Doesn't even make me cry.
Teeth shooting out of mouth? Doesn't even make me cringe.
Exploding innards? Doesn't even make my stomach turn.

But scratching off dead skin to the bone? Nope nope nope nope, too gross, makes my skin crawl.

then he carried the dead skin softball on a PLATE to the KITCHEN

Episode 10

That was hilarious. I've been waiting for this ever since I read the original chapters in the manga. It's the ultimate fakeout, and it's wonderful to see in action. It plays with your expectations, then flips them. It's great, and this episode made me hungry.

Also, why the hell did they change Trussardi's name. I mean, "Trendy"? What the hell?

Kaizer

Banned
Episode 10

This fucking series man I swear, AMAZING EPISODE. I was simultaneously dying of laughter while being continually grossed out with each new thing that happened to Okayasu. I had an inclination that it was gonna turn out nothing was evil about Tonio, but still watching the way it played out was tense.

Josuke punching the plate of spaghetti to turn it back to its original form is just hilarious! And I see the resident puppy harm is still intact, but this time with a twist. Also all the Italian food made me wanna cook some pasta for dinner tonight lol!

I feel so bad for the people in this thread that haven't had food good enough to induce an over-reaction.

This whole episode was really entertaining after reading that interview-manga with Araki linked earlier in the thread.

Also, Okuyasu is a real man. He's not afraid of crying at the movies or the gross parts of a spa day.

TWILT

Banned
Finally caught up on the new episode and I didn't think they'd do the Italian Restaurant episode justice, but damn, they fucking nailed it. My favorite episode definitely so far.

You really didn't watch this episode have you? Because you seem to have ignored the fact that-
1- Okuyasu shred off his skin
2- Okuyasu's teeth were forcebly shot out of his mouth
3- His innards exploded

Did you really not see all that body horror?

I saw that. How does that address my general dislike of "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSHIIIIIII SUGGGGGGGOIIIII" screaming?

People can praise food with more subdued reactions. Which granted, wouldn't fit Jojo. But again, I dislike overreactions to food. It just isn't my thing and thank god Jojo usually isn't about food.

You're really upset that I didn't like 1 single episode of a 40+ episode series.

I saw that. How does that address my general dislike of "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSHIIIIIII SUGGGGGGGOIIIII" screaming?

People can praise food with more subdued reactions. Which granted, wouldn't fit Jojo. But again, I dislike overreactions to food. It just isn't my thing and thank god Jojo usually isn't about food.

You're really upset that I didn't like 1 single episode of a 40+ episode series.

That sounds like an odd thing to get hung up on. Is it that you are you grossed out by seeing/hearing other people eat?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So many shounen do the cliched overreaction to food at least once. Is it strange to be tired of it? I don't think the dude hated the episode, but it's understandable for someone to roll their eyes at the 50th time they've seen a SUGOKU OISHIIII scene.

That sounds like an odd thing to get hung up on. Is it that you are you grossed out by seeing/hearing other people eat?

So many shounen do the cliched overreaction to food at least once. Is it strange to be tired of it? I don't think the dude hated the episode, but it's understandable for someone to roll their eyes at the 50th time they've seen a SUGOKU OISHIIII scene.

Pretty much what Lumination said. It seems like something in every Japanese show. Live action OR animated. And it is just kind of eye rolling to me.

Pretty much what Lumination said. It seems like something in every Japanese show. Live action OR animated. And it is just kind of eye rolling to me.

I guess I wasn't aware/hadn't thought that "overreacting to food" was such a common trope.

There is nothing new under the sun. It's all in the execution. This episode had a Jojo-esque flair and extravagance in the extreme nature of Okuyasu's healing and the swings between Josuke's suspicion and Tonio's sincerity that make it not just another "guy reacts to food" story.

Top Bottom