• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

jerry1594

That episode was pretty good. I feel like people are blowing stuff out of proportion to maintain their excitement or something though. I feel like reading it. Was the manga printed in color?

Blues1990

Weird how there wasn't an intro this time around, but I guess they wanted to keep the tension & suspense inline to what it was in the source material, right?

And for once, it's great to see an enemy stand user that isn't completely off his rocker and is genuinely a calm, collective person. It's a nice touch that the voice actor was able to give Tonio an Italian accent, as I found his polite style of speaking easy to understand and it seemed like they made it obvious that he's a "foreigner", at least in terms of how he spoke. David Productions managed to make punching a plate of pasta more exciting than I thought possible.

Also, "Pole" Jam sounds rather lewd.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
:lol :lol :lol

Hilarious episode. I loved the color swap when Josuke confronted Tony. It was awesome. Really did this manga chapter justice imo. Next episode should be fucking awesome!!!

Thud

Food commentary and reactions makes the best comedy. Yakitate Japan is one of my favorites.

Took some bizarre inspiration from JoJo as well. I started punching bread after that anime.

Permanently A

Swedishchefd.jpg

how is David Pro so fucking good at this

I never thought any studio would be able to dethrone Madhouse as my favorite, but goddamn

How exactly was okuyasu orgasming over food in this ep? For most of the ep he was skeptical abut eating tonio's dishes

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOONAAAAANNNNNNIIII UMMMMMMAAAAAAAAIIIII

like, that sort of stuff doesn't do it for me.

Neoxon

I'm honestly tempted to make every single dish that Tonio made. Seeing as my mom lived in Italy for a few years, she may be able to help.

Mista Koo

I did predict that he wasn't evil early in the episode, but still it's a refreshing take to see a non-evil stand user. Also a reminder to ignore all future manga readers hype :3

josuke fucking punched a plate of spaghetti to turn it into tomatoes and uncooked pasta and okuyasu exploded eating applesauce

Funny thing is I heard about that sequence before I got into JoJo and it sounded like the dumbest thing ever but during that episode I felt like it all made sense. This is what JoJo does to you, a grown man punches a bowl of spaghetti and you go "of course, that's so smart."

Hi Mr. Trendy, could you put some Chilli Pepper on my Pole Jam.

My favourite episode so far, but I feel like this is one of those instances where the random overly dramatic-ness of it is more appropriate for the manga. I have other little nitpicks like DP not putting enough emphasis on one of Josuke's key poses, but I'm glad the soap brick scene was animated beautifully.

.JayZii

Banned
Funny thing is I heard about that sequence before I got into JoJo and it sounded like the dumbest thing ever but during that episode I felt like it all made sense. This is what JoJo does to you, a grown man punches a bowl of spaghetti and you go "of course, that's so smart."
Context and rules have a way of making things more believable.

Ezalc

Manga readers were hyped because spaghetti punch Josuke is basically his default pose for just about everything and that's hilarious. It looks so menacing until you know the context and Jojo out of context is just wonderful. Also spaghetti punch is just a great absurd moment that it was nice to see it animated but I do wish it had been made more over dramatic in the anime than it was.

Hellix

Weird how there wasn't an intro this time around, but I guess they wanted to keep the tension & suspense inline to what it was in the source material, right?

I figure they do that to get extra time to fit more material into a single episode instead of bleeding into a subsequent episode.

Tizoc

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

You really didn't watch this episode have you? Because you seem to have ignored the fact that-
1- Okuyasu shred off his skin
2- Okuyasu's teeth were forcebly shot out of his mouth
3- His innards exploded

Did you really not see all that body horror?

And it looks like an actual brick/bar of soap for the entire duration of the sequence instead of briefly morphing into cheese grater like in the manga.

lol yeah

Also, does anyone else reaalllly love the fact that Tonio grabs Okuyasu's skinball and puts it on a plate. Wtf, is that part even in the manga?

Neoxon

lol yeah

Also, does anyone else reaalllly love the fact that Tonio grabs Okuyasu's skinball and puts it on a plate. Wtf, is that part even in the manga?
Even the way he disposes of trash is proper.

Also, Tonio was using a lot of motions in his speech (especially while Okuyasu was eating the appetizer). Is Tonio not comfortable with the Japanese language? He seemed to be a pretty fluent speaker in this episode.

andymcc

Banned
After that seasoned cast iron cookware thread-- it's no wonder that CornBurrito's sad ass doesn't understand excited reactions to food.

Crocodile

So we are getting new openings? Interesting. I guess now that we've revealed all the characters in the second half of the opening it was time. Though there are still a lot of people in the opening silhouette montage that haven't been revealed yet. I wonder if we are going back to 3D openings or not. Anyway:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - DIU 10

I don't know if this was the greatest episode of anime ever made as I was lead to believe it would be but this was still damn good. What exactly does Pole Jam (LOL) do? Most Stand abilities are pretty straight forward. It just heals people? The dead skin bit was kind of gross. It's also weird that a chef who was so concerned about keeping his kitchen clean would bring a mass of that back towards the kitchen (or at least it looked like he did) or keep a dog mere feet away. Sure blah blah realism but that is an interesting....contrast.

Hype for next week for ma boi coming back on the scene (though I don't expect him to get involved in the fight of course) and the next true boss encounter.

Ezalc

So we are getting new openings? Interesting. I guess now that we've revealed all the characters in the second half of the opening it was time. Though there are still a lot of people in the opening silhouette montage that haven't been revealed yet. I wonder if we are going back to 3D openings or not. Anyway:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - DIU 10

I don't know if this was the greatest episode of anime ever made as I was lead to believe it would be but this was still damn good. What exactly does Pole Jam (LOL) do? Most Stand abilities are pretty straight forward. It just heals people? The dead skin bit was kind of gross. It's also weird that a chef who was so concerned about keeping his kitchen clean would bring a mass of that back towards the kitchen (or at least it looked like he did) or keep a dog mere feet away. Sure blah blah realism but that is an interesting....contrast.

Hype for next week for ma boi coming back on the scene (though I don't expect him to get involved in the fight of course) and the next true boss encounter.

Pearl Jam is a healing stand yes, but it must be ingested for it to be able to work.

Fandangox

Well it was magic food that healed people through a horrific process. Even the "Water" tasted good, the reactions are part to sell that and keep people guessing if there was something really going on with Tonio's motivations or not. I don't think it was supposed to be your standard "anime protag sure loves food" skit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I find it weird that Trussardi's name is changed as well as his Stand, but then you got Okuyasu mentioning a lot of copyrighted stuff.

Also, a dog got healed. Araki redeemed.

I mean, he exploded earlier, but still.

You can pretty much tell he's a good guy by that point.

Makes you wonder about Kars. I guess he is "less" evil unlike most of the others.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I wondered why Trussardi was changed, and apparently it's taken from a fashion designer.

... Part 6 is going to be a nightmare of name changes.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
is CR down for anyone? I just finished a long day of work and wanted to watch some awesome Italian food shenanigan and CR won't work on both my phone and tablet... orz

Might be the same actor as that one engineer in Kabaneri:

But all I have to go on is that they both speak the same fake bad Japanese.

Tonios VA is actually Japanese, and the engineer from Kabaneri is American. I forget his name exactly, but he's not Japanese.

I love that guy though, reminds me of TK from Angel Beats

EDIT: Kabaneri man is Maxwell Powers, born in Cali

Top Bottom