• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Ascheroth

I'm crying. What a time to be alive.
Amazing first episode, the quality leap in comparison to Stardust Crusaders is insane. I freaking love the color palette, the character designs, the music, the atmosphere, everything. It's just oozing with style.

That was great. that was fantastic!
I had doubts on how well the new art direction would look like but it looked awesome.

i also liked
the little foreshadowing at the start "oh we usually have good reception near this tower" ;)

PK Gaming

Meeting-or-exceeding-expectations.jpg

Really feeling the first episode. This episode was absolutely packed with content, but the pacing didn't really suffer. Great art, music and voice work all around, and the little nods to future events were amazing.

Jaxec

Great episode. My favorite part starting off strong and Josuke is best JoJo now and forever. That beginning gave me fucking chills and I loved that they threw that in, can't wait for motherfucking
Yoshikage Kira

Sölf

I already like this JoJo more than Jotaro. But even Jotaro was better in this version than in Stardust Crusaders. Anyway, off to a great start!

Corginand

Great episode. My favorite part starting off strong and Josuke is best JoJo now and forever. That beginning gave me fucking chills and I loved that they threw that in, can't wait for motherfucking
Yoshikage Kira

Not even a minute had passed and we got that, it was great. I was like
"Oh, is Tomoko making some breakfast for Jos... OH I GUESS THAT'S NOT HER"

now you know why people talk about jotaro loving dolphins and why David Pro had him reading a magazine about the ocean in the barbershop in Anubis

Parshias7

Good first episode. I read through part 4 with mostly the garbage translations, and my lower ranking for this part may well have been affected by that. Here's hoping I enjoy this part a whole lot more when the characters are speaking functional English.

Jaxec

Yep. It totally caught me off guard. Speaking of Tomoko, she was absolutely perfect.

now you know why people talk about jotaro loving dolphins and why David Pro had him reading a magazine about the ocean in the barbershop in Anubis

I love that Tomoko's introduction pretty much makes Josuke's hair trigger (lol) make complete sense.

Definitely his mama's son.

Hatty

Don't worry someone will release fansubs that are intentionally garbage soon

But anyway I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting sued for referencing a band. I don't think Pink Floyd would mind someone using the name Crazy Diamond but then again I'm not a lawyer

Hatty

No, he was possessed by DIO and DIO has been playing it cool all these years doing his best Joesph impression

just kidding, he survived

Just saw it and everything was great. Can already feel this season is going to deliver on parts. Just hope they nail the main villains voice.

I'm gonna love this so much. First episode exceeded all expectations. Especially the new art style with its thick lines and tons of contrast. Really fits Part 4.

Matsukaze

Exactly my reaction. They set that up perfectly.

Episode was amazing overall. I loved the teasers they stuffed into the episode. Art style is beautiful, voice acting is great. Off to such a strong start.

Permanently A

Sasuga David Pro. Vivid palette and art direction, engaging soundtrack, smooth animation, quality pacing. All expectations were exceeded. The wait between each episode will be difficult to bear if this level of quality is maintained.

You could see the money in that opening scene and in the close up shots. Beautiful first episode.

Now the wait for next week's OP and ED begins...

SOOOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

Musolf815

So good. Can't wait to see how they tackle the rest of this part, I am very confident it'll be amazing all the way through.

FluxWaveZ

That was great. Didn't think Josuke was going to end up being revealed as Joseph's son. I'd like to doubt it since that makes me feel worse about Joseph (I could kinda see his young self doing that, but at 65?), but they didn't make any reference to him denying it.

I didn't expect the goofy side of Josuke, either. That and his brash side makes for a neat dynamic; I liked the brief Jotaro vs. Josuke fight.

Tizoc

That was great. Didn't think Josuke was going to end up being revealed as Joseph's son. I'd like to doubt it since that makes me feel worse about Joseph (I could kinda see his young self doing that, but at 65?), but they didn't make any reference to him denying it.

I didn't expect the goofy side of Josuke, either. That and his brash side makes for a neat dynamic; I liked the brief Jotaro vs. Josuke fight.

Do not underestimate the power of Sexy Hamon.

Ce-vt6aWQAAPXD8.jpg

Pretty exciting start, Yuki Kaji and Koichi make this anime pretty spectacular at the first start, even more he is so happy and always to see Josuke, its kind of adorable and awesome. I hope he has ability to have some powers for this arc as he really needs to stick around with Josuke. I cant wait for episode two.

Didn't like the artstyle in the previews but holy shit it's glorious, this might be my favorite season of Jojo yet. Can't wait to hear the opening and ending.

Yoshikage Kira

Yup
That foreshadowing is not gonna pay off for literally half the series but it was SO good

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, Part 4 delivered and then some! GUREATO DAZE.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Amazing first episode. The art style was really good, but I think my favorite part? The fucking music! It was so gooooood.

Top Bottom