• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man you guys should really avoid food-centric shows.

...which means you'll be missing out good ones like Yakitate! Ja-Pan and Cooking Master Boy (especially the latter - they don't use gag faces on reactions).

It was a fun diversion episode but I didn't enjoy it as much as everyone did. Thought it was a bit of boring and I love cooking animes (Yakitake is one of my all time favourites). I guess I shouldn't have bought into the hype for the episode.

However I do not get peoples reaction to the cliche food overreaction. Most of Jojo arcs are filled with cliches and overreaction (some of the charm too). You should give the show some slack since they were written a long time ago.

Man you guys should really avoid food-centric shows.

...which means you'll be missing out good ones like Yakitate! Ja-Pan and Cooking Master Boy (especially the latter - they don't use gag faces on reactions).

That reminds me I should watch some more food animes.

Ascheroth

storafötter;205686497 said:
It was a fun diversion episode but I didn't enjoy it as much as everyone did. Thought it was a bit of boring and I love cooking animes (Yakitake is one of my all time favourites). I guess I shouldn't have bought into the hype for the episode.

However I do not get peoples reaction to the cliche food overreaction. Most of Jojo arcs are filled with cliches and overreaction (some of the charm too). You should give the show some slack since they were written a long time ago.

That reminds me I should watch some more food animes.

Hype-lesson #1: never buy into the hype.

Watch Soma, if you haven't.

The spirit of Kakyoin lives on.

c0a.jpg
also

Nightbird

I saw that. How does that address my general dislike of "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSHIIIIIII SUGGGGGGGOIIIII" screaming?

People can praise food with more subdued reactions. Which granted, wouldn't fit Jojo. But again, I dislike overreactions to food. It just isn't my thing and thank god Jojo usually isn't about food.

You're really upset that I didn't like 1 single episode of a 40+ episode series.

Never watch Food Wars. You'll die.

Sadist

So thanks to a buddy of mine I decided to watch/read Jojo's Bizarre Adventure;

Finished Stardust Crusaders about a week ago and loved every second off it (Polnareff and Joseph's OMG's <3) and I just couldn't keep myself from diving into Diamond is Unbreakable. And damn, this is awesome. Really like the animation and the cast is again awesome.

Watched episode 7 through 10 this weekend and well...

xQvQvsY.gif

Amazing.

Ascheroth

that second one is something

is that show worth watching?

It's a hot-blooded action shonen in the guise of a cooking anime, lol.
Also features copious amount of ecchi for both men and women alike, but still leans more toward the latter.
It does get toned down a bit after the initial couple episodes and is then used more for comedic effec, but there is still plenty of it, if that's a dealbreaker for you.
Alos has an awesome soundtrack.

Permanently A

It's a hot-blooded action shonen in the guise of a cooking anime, lol.
Also features copious amount of ecchi for both men and women alike, but still leans more toward the latter.
It does get toned down a bit after the initial couple episodes and is then used more for comedic effec, but there is still plenty of it, if that's a dealbreaker for you.
Alos has an awesome soundtrack.

dealbreaker? that's a bonus

prison school is the voice of a generation

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I tried to get a friend into JoJo but the first episode they saw was The Strength which turned them off...you know with the naked girl and the rapist orangutan.

I tried to get a friend into JoJo but the first episode they saw was The Strength which turned them off...you know with the naked girl and the rapist orangutan.
I think a person needs to be able to just accept the borderline silliness mixed with crazy offensive bullshit that's all over JJBA to be able to enjoy it.

"My friend recommended this Joey Jojo animu to me. I think I'll start on season 3, episode 10, that seems logical!"

"Wtf I don't understand what's going on at all! This sucks!"

It's totally not your fault, man.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why the hell do people start at a random episode? Do they think all animated stuff are like most American cartoons where you can start anywhere?

Squishy3

I got a friend into it and then I asked him what he thought of Dio and he says they didn't really show much of him and acted confused when I asked "Yeah but he kicked that dog" and then I was able to rightfully point him to the right episodes to watch.

Madao

I got a friend into it and then I asked him what he thought of Dio and he says they didn't really show much of him and acted confused when I asked "Yeah but he kicked that dog" and then I was able to rightfully point him to the right episodes to watch.

i find that a lot of people trend to ignore subtitles of a series and just search for "series main name" and watch whatever pops up.

it can be more confusing with series that don't number their seasons.

i wonder how many started with Part 3's Season 2 anime

Veal

This last episode was really something! I'm glad I haven't read the manga so as to experience the majesty of this series fresh.

jgminto

Well, it's a little different in that it has to make it worse for some reason first.
That's not what's happening, Tonio's cooking causes the body to naturally heal in overdrive so it's a lot more gruesome. Josuke on the other hand, literally reshapes matter. Josuke heals physical injuries while Tonio cures illness.

That's not what's happening, Tonio's cooking causes the body to naturally heal in overdrive so it's a lot more gruesome.
Have you ever had diarrhea before I guess not because let me tell you when it gets better your guts don't even come close to flying out of your abdomen.

So the chef's stand has healing properties like Crazy Diamond?
Crazy Diamond doesn't heal, technically, but instead restores things to their original form/state.

Which I guess is the same thing in a way, but Tonio's Pearl Jam seems to cleanse the body instead of restoring it. Also, his stand may only work with food while Crazy can just restore through touch.

Top Bottom