• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Good news people, the original opening song is back.

Someone correct if I'm wrong, but with the pacing this seems to be going to be a three parter no?

REDDO HOTTO SHILLI PEPPAZU 11

CkmpxiUUoAAmz32.jpg

Decent episode, comparatively. I think there were some issues, mostly in the manga-ish way where its weird that it takes Josuke, Koichi and Jotaro 10 minutes to walk 100 feet. Stuff like that is hard to animate.

I guess Jotaro doesn't use time stop cuz he's a lazy asshole.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually didn't mind the EDM opening. I like them both a lot, but if they use one of the other it's doesn't keep me up at night

I guess Jotaro doesn't use time stop cuz he's a lazy asshole.
He's pretty lazy. When he used it against Jusuke that was the first time he did it in 10 years. If I could stop time I'd be doing it all the time, partly to stay in practice and also to be like "lol I can stop time u can't"

Chili pepper is the poor man's pet shop of beaked characters of JJBA. I wish we got more along the line of pet shop as chili pepper has been so far pretty dull especially after the highs of Koichi's arc.

Thinking about it I'm somewhat disappointed with this episode. Not gonna let it get to me though, its one episode out of 39. Hopefully the next one with the real fight will improve.

Jotaro not using time stop made more sense in the manga. I think it had to do with the spacing. In the manga Okuyasu jumps over to RCHP in one swipe of The Hand and Okuyasu beats him pretty fast. Jotaro is out of range, stopping time for Okuyasu wouldnt do anything. In the anime it took longer and it the other three were always slowly moving to the fight. Just one of those adaptation things.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Great episode; the powers in this part are so fleshed out.

Although I am still partial to the brown magnet girl in part 3.

Stopping time wouldn't have helped. At this point, Jotaro's time stop is only around 1-2 seconds, and it puts enormous strain on him. And since Star Platinum has very short range, I doubt he'd have enough time to get to Okayasu at that point even if he stopped time

Eeesh that was a clunky episode imo. They make Josuke and Jotaro look like assholes by sloooooooowly coming into help Okuyasu. Made more sense in the manga where we're accustomed to the chatty panels.
For reference (From reddit), here's the crew actually sprinting towards him:
XILDG9e.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Jotaro not using time stop made more sense in the manga. I think it had to do with the spacing. In the manga Okuyasu jumps over to RCHP in one swipe of The Hand and Okuyasu beats him pretty fast. Jotaro is out of range, stopping time for Okuyasu wouldnt do anything. In the anime it took longer and it the other three were always slowly moving to the fight. Just one of those adaptation things.

Yeah, it's similar to how the scene with Vanilla Ice kicking Iggy went on for like four minutes in the anime adaptation while the manga version of the same scene was only about three or four pages long.

PK Gaming

Man, what a great adaptation.

Red Hot Chill Peppers is such a fantastic stand, goddamn.

I love how it breaks the stand rules as well. It's a remote control stand with A rank in all stats barring precision. (Though as we've seen, it needs to be powered by electricity)

Definitely one of my fav stands in the franchise.

cntr

Banned
if you're wondering how Josuke managed that thing with Okuyasu: (no spoilers for future events)

Crazy Diamond repair returns smaller pieces to the biggest piece, but in this case, Okuyasu's body was being carried away by RHCP, and Crazy Diamond can't convert the hand to electricity. So Okuyasu is pulled back out to his hand.

Crazy Diamond can't fix the things The Hand erases for the same reason, the erased piece can't return from wherever Cream/The Hand send erased things.

Having just read RHCP this morning, the framing was dead on for this episode. Can't wait for next week

Aw, they didn't have the little thought afterward where Josuke thinks, "So he's been watching me? (Then he knows I suck at games)"
I noticed that too. Begin hyper anaylizing shmup games on the N64 to find out what Josuke was playing

Neoxon

Goddamn, Red Hot Chili Pepper is dangerous. Though the others took their sweet time to get to Okyuasu. Overall, great episode.

FluxWaveZ

Yes, tell us more about how much Joseph sucks now. Does he also shit his pants regularly, Jotaro? Does he need help from one of his butlers to take a shower?

His Part 2 legacy... it makes me want to cry.

Episode was alright. I gotta say, it's been a fundamental point that "Okuyasu is an idiot," but I still can't really say that it's been demonstrated in important situations. This was pretty much the first time he did something since his first battle against Josuke, and the first action he did was critical against the enemy. Then, he made a critical mistake against the enemy out of emotion, but it's not like the other characters have been flawless in battles in the past (except for maybe Josuke so far?).

I guess gold chicken couldn't make it more obvious that he wanted to be swiped, though, and Okuyasu fell for it.

Yes, tell us more about how much Joseph sucks now. Does he also shit his pants regularly, Jotaro? Does he need help from one of his butlers to take a shower?

Episode was alright. I gotta say, it's been a fundamental point that "Okuyasu is an idiot," but I still can't really say that it's been demonstrated in important situations. This was pretty much the first time he did something since his first battle against Josuke, and the first action he did was critical against the enemy. Then, he made a critical mistake against the enemy out of emotion, but it's not like the other characters have been flawless in battles in the past (except for maybe Josuke so far?).

I guess gold chicken couldn't make it more obvious that he wanted to be swiped, though, and Okuyasu fell for it.
Maybe wait until he actually has lines before you pass judgment on his character, rather than just what Jotaro says since he shits on almost everyone

FluxWaveZ

Maybe wait until he actually has lines before you pass judgment on his character, rather than just what Jotaro says since he shits on almost everyone

Oh, I'm not speaking about how he actually is now, but regarding how his character has been described (and demonstrated) since Part 3.

Though I disagree that Jotaro talks shit about almost everyone. He only really does that to Joseph. Even though he treated his mom like crap at the start of Part 3, for example, he never really spoke ill of her.

Crocodile

I dunno I wasn't feeling this episode. It seems people are saying its more an adaptation issue than a source material issue but the whole "let's leisurely stroll over to our friend who is fighting a deadly enemy when we could run or one of us can stop time" stretched my suspension of disbelief too far. I also called the motorcycle hosting RHCP from a mile away and I'm surprised none of the protagonists thought it would have been an issue. Strikes me as one of those cases where the good guys are being written intentionally dumb or else the entire scenario wouldn't work.

Also, why is Jotaro telling us Joesph's entire medical history? "Dude is old" should be plenty good enough.

PK Gaming

As an aside, Okuyasa's anime theme is quite good

EDIT:

I feel you, but it's time to jump ship. Part 2 Joseph was like... a lightning bolt. Beautiful, but fleeting. Awe-inspiring but ephemeral.

Yeah, let's start the complaining about how Joseph is old now. Never mind that

1. He didn't keep up his Ripple training before Part 3
2. Vampires are all dead post Part 3
3. He's lazy
4. He's almost 80 years old

Even if he had kept up his training, it doesn't make you young forever. Straizo was 75-ish in Part 2 and he only looked 15 or so years younger than he really was, even with constant training. Hell, part of his deal is his anger that Ripple wasn't holding off old age as well as he wanted.

People get old. Older people have a lot of health problems and even the healthiest 80 year old can be one fall away from going into a sudden decline.

FluxWaveZ

I feel you, but it's time to jump ship. Part 2 Joseph was like... a lightning bolt. Beautiful, but fleeting. Awe-inspiring but ephemeral.

Really, I jumped ship a long time ago. Wasn't expecting him to make a return, though.

People get old. Older people have a lot of health problems and even the healthiest 80 year old can be one fall away from going into a sudden decline.

Geez people get defensive. Maybe it's not the fact that he's old but the silliness that was Joseph needing to really hammer home his age and how weak that's made him with out-of-the-blue exposition?

Astral

I'm pretty sure Jotaro was out of range and couldn't stop time. It's still an adaptation issue though. They did look like assholes.

Top Bottom