• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

PK Gaming

The video game section at the beginning was super great. Josuke has the best relationship with his mom. Easy top 10 best anime mom

I know people are saying Jotaro couldn't have got to RHCP in time to help Okuyasu, but I think people are talking about when RHCP first appears and taunts the crew before riding off on the motorcycle. It looks like they're only a few metres apart.

Also, couldn't RHCP's stand master just retract their stand? Maybe I've missed something; is there a rule that the stand has to be next to you to be recalled?

That's just par for the course for JoJo. Villains are always monologuing and the heroes usually just stand there and listen. Josuke could have easily done it to Okuyasa and save Koichi, but for example. Or to put it another way, RHCP could have easily rode off with the motorcycle without saying a word.

Based on their reaction after Okuyasu was dragged away, I'm almost inclined to believe they were just observing RHCP to scope out his strengths and weaknesses.

Soriku

That's just par for the course for JoJo. Villains are always monologuing and the heroes usually just stand there and listen. Josuke could have easily done it to Okuyasa and save Koichi, but for example. Or to put it another way, RHCP could have easily rode off with the motorcycle without saying a word.

This is an anime thing in general. The exposition is fine for explaining things to the audience, but is silly in the context of a fight. Like why would you spill all your beans like that?

Anime fights:

*Hero punches villain*

Side character A: HE DID IT, HE BEAT THE VILLAIN

Side Character B: No, he barely felt it!

*Villain punches hero*

NANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Anime fights:

*Hero punches villain*

*Villain punches hero*

I even inserted their voices to match this and it lined up perfectly.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Even worse, the villain clearly is hurt by the attack (even inner-monologuing it took them by surprise) but then try and play it off like it was nothing.

Fucking Freeza pulled this shit every other episode when he fought Goku.

Dennis

Banned
Anime fights:

*Hero punches villain*

*Villain punches hero*

Nani?! is my favorite Japanese anime word.

Bakana! is my second favorite Japanese anime word.

cntr

Banned
Dio can stop time indefinitely, in theory. But that's because he's a vampire.

Jotaro can only stop time for 5 seconds maximum, since that's his limit as a human.

PK Gaming

This is an anime thing in general. The exposition is fine for explaining things to the audience, but is silly in the context of a fight. Like why would you spill all your beans like that?

It's obnoxious in other anime, but it has its place in JoJo

Like, every character has to explicitly say what is currently happening right down at to the every exact detail.

Koichi: Look! Red Hot Chilli Pepper's electrical sparkle is fading! He's getting weaker! His stand power must be running out!

It's a fundamental part of the series at this point

Magwik

Banned
I just appreciate that Chili Pepper is going out of his way to avoid Jotaro. Part 3 everyone was just ready to throw down.

Never forget the time Joseph and Kars fell off a cliff, talked for like 1 minute, but had only fallen like 8 feet.
Never forget Jonathan and Dio falling through a three story house for like a full minute, or DIO using his five seconds of time stop to deliver two minute long speeches.

edit: or Dire using his stupid "shove my unprotected crotch in the face and then hit their head" attack and the bystanders both times able to give full color commentary on its tactical merits as he jumped five feet forward

Tall4Life

Loved how Josuke and the crew were casually strolling over to Okuyasu, and then again towards the pier, lol

Also, weirdly enough I do prefer the dubstep version of the opening

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I just appreciate that Chili Pepper is going out of his way to avoid Jotaro. Part 3 everyone was just ready to throw down.
Jotaro has gained a well deserved reputation from Part 3. Pretty much every villain tries to stay the fuck away from him.

Fandangox

It's obnoxious in other anime, but it has its place in JoJo

Like, every character has to explicitly say what is currently happening right down at to the every exact detail.

I always find it funny in JoJo for some reason, everyone gives exposition with the most shocked look, even for the mundane shit.

My favorite is when they are explaining something by using nonsensical allegories or metaphors.

Nottle

While we are talking about masaka and naniiiiiii, I need to mention that Jotaro's fight with Dio has my favorite one of those moments where Dio is about to be hit by Jotaro, tries to stop time but is either too late or Jotaro just ignores the time stop and delivers a punch that caves his skull in. "NAN DA TO, MASAKA"

So good.

Also yeah, the fact that every villain actively avoids Jotaro is the coolest shit ever. I swear that mans only weakness is how he always has his back turned to something important. Entire fights could be avoided if he just turned around or listened a bit more.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Oh my god Josuke is a Gradius fan. OP needs to update Reverb 2.0. Lol RHCP took Koichi's homework. Josuke...everybody used to be pretty ripped, but they aren't no more. You know Jotaro while Chili Pepper was shit talking you could've just like you know fucking stopped time and pounded his ass. Holy shit Okuyasu got Tienshinhan'd! Josuke your healing thing is OP as fuck bruh.

jstripes

Banned
Oh my god Josuke is a Gradius fan. OP needs to update Reverb 2.0. Lol RHCP took Koichi's homework. Josuke...everybody used to be pretty ripped, but they aren't no more. You know Jotaro while Chili Pepper was shit talking you could've just like you know fucking stopped time and pounded his ass. Holy shit Okuyasu got Tienshinhan'd! Josuke your healing thing is OP as fuck bruh.

But was he close enough to stop time? Chili Pepper kept a distance for a reason.

It's interesting how stands are generally silent puppets, but the two where we haven't seen the owner around are capable of speech.

I wonder if they let you punch the spaghetti

God knows someone's going to try. I guarantee they're going to have a sign up explicitly warning diners not to do that.

Matsukaze

Also yeah, the fact that every villain actively avoids Jotaro is the coolest shit ever. I swear that mans only weakness is how he always has his back turned to something important. Entire fights could be avoided if he just turned around or listened a bit more.
Jotaro's got better shit to do than help his friends. Those love poems to the oceans aren't going to compose themselves.

Hypron

The time stop itself is global, but if you can't use it to close the distance it's useless.
Jotaro was too far away.

When you think about it it's still pretty stupid though, Jotaro could essentially use it to teleport. Like, he could stop time for X seconds and carry on running while time is stopped, and just keep on doing that repeatedly.

Matsukaze

When you think about it it's still pretty stupid though, Jotaro could essentially use it to teleport. Like, he could stop time for X seconds and carry on running while time is stopped, and just keep on doing that repeatedly.
Although it hasn't really shown, stopping time, even for a couple seconds, takes a great deal out of Jotaro. Spamming time stop without rest would sap every last bit of energy he has.

Grexeno

Although it hasn't really shown, stopping time, even for a couple seconds, takes a great deal out of Jotaro. Spamming time stop without rest would sap every last bit of energy he has.
Yeah, any time he gained from the time stop would quickly be lost from the massive cut to his stamina.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Not even Dio could spam time stops constantly (he only really comes close to doing so during his "how long can you move within the frozen time?" speech, and even then there's a few seconds where he talks to Jotaro in normal time before he stops time again). If he could have done that consistently, he probably would have killed Jotaro.

Jotaro's just a human at the end of the day, not a nigh-immortal vampire. Spamming multiple 1-2 second long time stops would probably overwhelm him.

The idea of Jotaro running down a road constantly shouting "Star Platinum The World" sounds really funny to me.

Permanently A

Seeing this animated made me realize two things.

1 - Jotaro should have been able to stop time and punch the bike into dust but didn't.

2 - Okuyasu's stand has amazing utility. I never considered it before but it has the capacity to work like Reality Rift in Dota.

Okuyasu's stand is seriously scary to think about. Like where does all the scraped stuff go? And it has no limitations. It can cut ANYTHING. Damn son.

Grexeno

Okuyasu's stand is seriously scary to think about. Like where does all the scraped stuff go? And it has no limitations. It can cut ANYTHING. Damn son.
Which is why Araki thought up the Stand, then was like "oh shit this thing is fucking broken" and so he gave it to the biggest dumbass in the series.

Breads

Banned
Jotaro's got better shit to do than help his friends. Those love poems to the oceans aren't going to compose themselves.

2HsSef0.gif

Top Bottom