• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Betty

Banned
Geez people get defensive. Maybe it's not the fact that he's old but the silliness that was Joseph needing to really hammer home his age and how weak that's made him with out-of-the-blue exposition?

I think it's just showing how time ravages anyone over time, it's not like Jotaro was talking bad about the guy, just stating facts.

FluxWaveZ

I think it's just showing how time ravages anyone over time, it's not like Jotaro was talking bad about the guy, just stating facts.

Yeah, that was clearly the segment's purpose, and to serve as potential foreshadowing pieces for whatever comes next as well as emphasising the fact that he can't fight anymore.

Eeesh that was a clunky episode imo. They make Josuke and Jotaro look like assholes by sloooooooowly coming into help Okuyasu. Made more sense in the manga where we're accustomed to the chatty panels.
For reference (From reddit), here's the crew actually sprinting towards him:
XILDG9e.png

Yeah that really annoyed me. Might be the weakest episode yet
I also didnt enjoy this arc in the manga very much actually

I'm tired of the subs not correctly putting the actual names of the stands. Calling Crazy Diamond Shinning Diamond and RHCP Chilli Pepper.
It is really odd that they can't even SUBTITLE the words Crazy and Diamond together. And that's not even the entire song name, just part of it.

Like, the character is saying Surface and the word Surface is appearing on screen and that's fine, but you can put that in your subtitles or else you get shut down? I dunno, I just blame the music industry for being the way that they are.

Yeah, that was clearly the segment's purpose, and to serve as potential foreshadowing pieces for whatever comes next as well as emphasising the fact that he can't fight anymore.
He can probably still do Stand stuff, or else Jotaro wouldn't bother bringing him to Morioh cho.

Great Episode. Dont underestimate Red Hot Chili Pepper.

Seeing RHCP being realized so great in the anime i just cant wait for the main villain to show up. Gonna be greato.

FluxWaveZ

He can probably still do Stand stuff, or else Jotaro wouldn't bother bringing him to Morioh cho.

Jotaro didn't bring him there, he said that Joseph got on the boat himself when he heard about the bow and arrow. And that was pretty clear, when Jotaro put a ton of emphasis on how he was the one who could find Chili Pepper, and how they have to get to him before the enemy does.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I liked this week's episode! RHCP animated was a joy to see.

Also, I loved hearing Jotaro's stardust crusaders theme again. It's the best.❤️

Philippo

Can't believe a friend of mine is complaining about the show "looking bad" only because it's not 1:1 with the manga.
I mean look at those heavy outlines and colors, it always looks amazing!

Can't believe a friend of mine is complaining about the show "looking bad" only because it's not 1:1 with the manga.
I mean look at those heavy outlines and colors, it always looks amazing!

Some people would prefer all adaptations to just be motion comics of the manga with color. The only time I advocated for something to follow the manga closely was Stardust Crusaders for the sake of precedent and the OVAs already existing as a highlight reel.

FluxWaveZ

People complained about how Part 1 looked, but I never had a problem with it. I've never really had much of a problem with the common animation complaints I've seen; oftentimes I can't even tell.

Part 1 and 2 masked the production issues with a thick layer of style and reverence for the source material. One could easily forgive it for not being the best looking show and damn near being a motion comic (oil pillar) at times because it was fun to watch. Part 3 somewhat improved that and with Part 4 we've hit the desired level of the combination of style and good direction/animation.

Thud

It's stylish af just like the manga. Studio doing the work nobody dared to do. People should give credit when it's due.

All the work they did pulled off, because they're getting more and more jobs.

Part 1 and 2 masked the production issues with a thick layer of style and reverence for the source material. One could easily forgive it for not being the best looking show and damn near being a motion comic (oil pillar) at times because it was fun to watch. Part 3 somewhat improved that and with Part 4 we've hit the desired level of the combination of style and good direction/animation.

Part 3 improved the production values, but somewhat reduced the stylistic strengths of the direction. Part 4 is, as you say, just right.

I remember re-reading this arc and thinking this section was going to be a rough adaptation. They did what they could but it might be one of the weaker episodes so far. RHCP still has an amazing VA.

Grexeno

One wonders if we'll get to like Part 6 in the anime and people will still be complaining about name changes.

Newsflash: either the names change or the series isn't available legally outside of Japan

One wonders if we'll get to like Part 6 in the anime and people will still be complaining about name changes.

Newsflash: either the names change or the series isn't available legally outside of Japan

I'm just having some fun. I don't mind the change. Its just funny because it isn't really a change, more like dropping two words. That's a first I think.

Breads

Banned
Seeing this animated made me realize two things.

1 - Jotaro should have been able to stop time and punch the bike into dust but didn't.

2 - Okuyasu's stand has amazing utility. I never considered it before but it has the capacity to work like Reality Rift in Dota.

PK Gaming

Even if he can stop time, he can't do so for more than 1 second and he definitely can't close the gap between himself and RHCP in that time alone. B

Understandably, Joseph and Jotaro in the parts they return are somewhat nerfed as to not take away the shine of this season's JoJo. It's not done the best way it possibly could but its a standard storytelling thing. You wouldn't want them to steal the show, that would remove the entire point of the soft reboot part system and having returning characters steal the spotlight is damn close to dangerous territory.

Yeah Jotaro didn't train a goddamn time stop and can't use it good but that's so Josuke can get better.

Joseph at least makes a bit more sense character wise. He doesn't seem like the type to rigorously train like Straizo or Lisa Lisa to maintain his youth via the Ripple. Remember -

tumblr_o7wct8AeDr1uel6a7o1_400.png

Episode 11

That was a fun episode, though a fairly predictable one at that. I called the Red Hot Chili Pepper being in the bike and the electrical wire twist. Still, seeing that bit with Okuyasu standing on the bike was pretty awesome, and it's great to see the Hand used in a fight. Other than that, it was probably one of the weaker episodes, though since it's JoJo, it means it's still really good. Can't wait for the next one.

McFadge

I know people are saying Jotaro couldn't have got to RHCP in time to help Okuyasu, but I think people are talking about when RHCP first appears and taunts the crew before riding off on the motorcycle. It looks like they're only a few metres apart.

Also, couldn't RHCP's stand master just retract their stand? Maybe I've missed something; is there a rule that the stand has to be next to you to be recalled?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
CNUqcY6.jpg

Is Josuke playing custom weapon set Gradius? Because that's one shitty loadout - where is your SPEED?!

And this would make more sense on SNES than an N64, I don't think there was a Gradius game there!

Still Morikubo yeah

ah cool, he sounded a bit different

Madao

Jotaro is just giving Josuke a chance to protect his dad with his own hands and letting Okuyasu have the spotlight for a bit.

Yeah, let's start the complaining about how Joseph is old now. Never mind that

1. He didn't keep up his Ripple training before Part 3
2. Vampires are all dead post Part 3
3. He's lazy
4. He's almost 80 years old

Even if he had kept up his training, it doesn't make you young forever. Straizo was 75-ish in Part 2 and he only looked 15 or so years younger than he really was, even with constant training. Hell, part of his deal is his anger that Ripple wasn't holding off old age as well as he wanted.

People get old. Older people have a lot of health problems and even the healthiest 80 year old can be one fall away from going into a sudden decline.

oh and let's not forget he was technically dead for a few minutes during the DIO fight and had most of his blood sucked out before having it restored and the restored blood was mixed with vampire blood.

i like to think Joseph's accelerated decay is the after effects of that final battle with DIO. you'd need to be superhuman to go through all that and still come out without a scratch. even if it didn't show at the end of Part 3, those side effects probably kicked in soon after the end of it.

CNUqcY6.jpg

Is Josuke playing custom weapon set Gradius? Because that's one shitty loadout - where is your SPEED?!

And this would make more sense on SNES than an N64, I don't think there was a Gradius game there!

ah cool, he sounded a bit different

well, originally it was a SNES what he was playing. DP changed it to an N64 to make it fit with the year. i guess they didn't really put much thought about the N64's real life library and what games showed in the manga.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
well, originally it was a SNES what he was playing. DP changed it to an N64 to make it fit with the year. i guess they didn't really put much thought about the N64's real life library and what games showed in the manga.

Yeah I know, hence I brought it up that the SNES would've made more sense lol

Still, that Gradius weapon set is so weird

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You could always just chop that dialogue out.

I watched Hokuto no Ken recently and I was very impressed that when Kenshiro said so-and-so is going to die in 30 seconds, they actually died in 30 seconds on the dot.

You don't get honesty like that anymore in modern anime, where 1 second is half a minute, and 5 minutes is an entire episode.

It was a more civilized age.

There were some cool moments this episode, but overall this one was pretty bad. Watching Josuke, Jotaro, and Koichi leisurely stroll to Okuyasu during a life or death battle looked ridiculous. Not to mention all the times Jotaro could have stopped time. It's a shame David Pro couldn't nail it since this fight was pretty good in the manga. Next episode should be much better.

I watched Hokuto no Ken recently and I was very impressed that when Kenshiro said so-and-so is going to die in 30 seconds, they actually died in 30 seconds on the dot.

You don't get honesty like that anymore in modern anime, where 1 second is half a minute, and 5 minutes is an entire episode.

It was a more civilized age.

Maybe then you'll appreciate 91 Days, the upcoming anime that will air over a period of 91 days and will cover exactly 91 days of events in the show. It's not quite anime 24, but it's getting there!

Top Bottom