• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Permanently A

2HsSef0.gif

"Why do I have this OP time bullshit, everyone is always expecting me to use it. Why couldn't I just have a dolphin stand"

, or DIO using his five seconds of time stop to deliver two minute long speeches.

I have an explanation for that

See, every time DIO stopped he had to have a monologue. He would always end saying something like 'It should be 6 seconds now.'

Really what was happening is that DIO forgot how to count. He could really stop time for minutes at a time, but he just counted very slowly inbetween his speeches.

I have an explanation for that

See, every time DIO stopped he had to have a monologue. He would always end saying something like 'It should be 6 seconds now.'

Really what was happening is that DIO forgot how to count. He could really stop time for minutes at a time, but he just counted very slowly inbetween his speeches.

The real explanation is that it is very hard to count time when there is no time

ScribbleD

Are they going to address how a stand as powerful as Red Hot Chili Peppers can be controlled from seemingly great distances or is the whole rule about stand strength being proportional to range thing out the window?

Matsukaze

Are they going to address how a stand as powerful as Red Hot Chili Peppers can be controlled from seemingly great distances or is the whole rule about stand strength being proportional to range thing out the window?
RHCP is weird because its "power level is affected by proximity to electricity" caveat doesn't actually matter as much as it should.

And in terms of stats, RHCP is an absolute beast. It has an A in everything that isn't Precision, which is super fucked considering it's a mid-tier Stand lol.

PK Gaming

RHCP is one of the rare exceptions (there are others that "break" the pattern, but they are few in number). On the other hand, it needs electricity to power itself, unlike most stands, so it can potentially run out of power.

It's stupidly overpowered though.

cntr

Banned
Yeah strength being inverse to range is a tendency, not a rule.

RHCP is technically not great in range, but his range is calculated by the distance from his current power source, not the user. That's why he needs to use the bike to escape.

Permanently A

The rule for RHCP still applies, except its not about range to user but range to nearest electrical source. Which in this setting is pretty powerful but in other settings could be quite bad.

Vibed

Why couldn't RHCP's owner just revoke his stand back to him instead of taking the bike to get away? Is there any hard and fast rule on revoking stands?

Why couldn't RHCP's owner just revoke his stand back to him instead of taking the bike to get away? Is there any hard and fast rule on revoking stands?

Long range/automatic stands cant be retracted as easily as the short range ones. I assume he needs to hop onto a power line and bring it back to the user

cntr

Banned
It's not the references, it's the names. You can't use a trademarked name as a name on other products not endorsed by the trademark holder, so the characters are in a questionable gray area.

Dialogue references are fine, Nickelodeon or Jojo.

Neoxon

It's not the references, it's the names. You can't use a trademarked name as a name on other products not endorsed by the trademark holder, so the characters are in a questionable gray area.

Dialogue references are fine, Nickelodeon or Jojo.
So even a name as generic as Surface can be in the gray area? Weird.

Top Bottom