• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Permanently A

Wait, when did Josuke even
break the tire?

Okuyasu is hilarious. The vo is doing a fantastic job!
That ending! oh man I cant wait for Killer Queen!!

Weeeeell there's still a bit of filler-ish episodes to go. Although we'll soon have the introduction to the best character
R O H A N
Also the most bad ass rat

DO NOT POST PART 4 MANGA SPOILERS, NOT EVEN IN SPOILER TAGS!
BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS WHO PREFER TO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
While I really liked how over the top the villain was, the actual fight itself felt very pedestrian, especially for someone they've been slowly building up for like 6 episodes or something. I felt like the Aqua Necklace episode was stronger and didn't even require two episodes.

Also why didn't the stand user melt when RHCP was dissipated over the water?

Is the answer Araki?

The answer is probably Araki

Since RHCP wasn't fully destroyed, as seen on the boat, Akira didn't melt and die. As long as the Stand still had some miniscule amount electricity to cling on to (and it did suck up all of Morioh's electricity), he wouldn't die, and he might have been able to retract what was left of the Stand while he was swimming to the boat.

Spoiler for the episode

o86HMqJ.png

Madao

i thought it'd be a 3 part fight since the stand user hadn't showed up until now. the fight was packed but a bit short compared to some of the past ones.

maybe the problem was assuming RHCP would be a major antagonist when he was basically a standard stand user encounter with more hype behind him (it's like the J. Geil/Hol Horse fight in Part 3. they ended up being a rather standard battle after being hyped for some eps)

jett

D-Member
Too much animesplaining in this episode for me.

And this version of Joseph is too sad. :| Unless it's all an act! Or maybe Josuke is capable of fixing/restoring his mind and body.

I love Akira overcoming his busted dingy with the power of Hendrix. OST and animation was really nice, especially that scene at the end with Joeseph.

And DavPro with that double tease, enough so people who don't know won't notice the first one, but enough to make those in the know squeal

FluxWaveZ

Yep, Joseph really didn't age gracefully. Or it's like I said before:
They realized he was too awesome so they really had to bring him down a notch to make sure he didn't make subsequent protagonists look bad.
The trademark exposition yelling was really apparent in this episode, and not too into how the bad guy appeared on the boat like that.

Joseph is a 79 year old man by Part 4. He's kind of a sad old dude but thats the point of him in this arc

I always thought that the point of Jotaro and Joseph in Part 4 was to show that the future is bright and in the right hands. It isn't so obvious now but the upcoming fights definitely show this.

I always loved the chapter name "We picked up something dangerous" because you member know what it could be! It could be a gun, it could be a couple of dice, it could be a small chicken wing. You just don't know!

I have to believe that this is the case. Araki can't keep character assassinating best Jojo.

Calling it character assassination is the fucking dumbest thing.

He's old. People get old. Old people have health problems, even without going on two world-spanning life-risking adventures.

D-Man

Joseph is very old and has gone through more shit than most people do in a lifetime. Him being the way he is now is in no way "character assassination".

PK Gaming

i thought it'd be a 3 part fight since the stand user hadn't showed up until now. the fight was packed but a bit short compared to some of the past ones.

maybe the problem was assuming RHCP would be a major antagonist when he was basically a standard stand user encounter with more hype behind him (it's like the J. Geil/Hol Horse fight in Part 3. they ended up being a rather standard battle after being hyped for some eps)

I have no goddamn clue why Araki spent so much time building him up

I love Akira, but the "i'm a total mastermind, fear me" aspect of his character is terrible, and borderline dissonant with his ROCKER Persona.

Betty

Banned
Joseph is very old and has gone through more shit than most people do in a lifetime. Him being the way he is now is in no way "character assassination".

People have to realise this, yeah it's sad to see him in such a state but that's just how most people get when they live this long.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
The only thing I don't get is akiras motivation, I mean what was he trying to accomplish by killing people? Doesn't he just want to be a rockstar?

FluxWaveZ

I love how when Akira launches into his tasty guitar riff, Koichi looks around like the spotlight is actually there.

I love how apparently only 1 minute passed between him Josuke punching him, him freaking out and then finally playing guitar.

The only thing I don't get is akiras motivation, I mean what was he trying to accomplish by killing people? Doesn't he just want to be a rockstar?

Confusing character; I thought he was going to turn out to be a shut-in/nerd type, going by his tendency to learn about his opponent and an apparent superiority complex.

He kind of just killed Keicho to get the stand arrow just to have it. He did tell the Joestars to leave him alone or else he would kill them, and he technically hasn't killed anyone else.

Philippo

Amazing episode.

But Koichi's need to comment on everything with his squeaky voice makes him so annoying.

Also Josuke acting like a tsundere was so cute lol

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Calling it character assassination is the fucking dumbest thing.

He's old. People get old. Old people have health problems, even without going on two world-spanning life-risking adventures.
lol calm down dude, it was just a comment in passing.

Of all the fantastical nonsense Araki writes up, old age is where he has to draw the line and be as realistic as possible?

Tizoc

Redeem before August please, let me know if you encounter issues redeeming the code.
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Crunchyroll.com 2 Day Prem. membership code -- MB-0F314DB6212BEE2C

Really great episode. Finally the best Jojo has arrived.

Also the real clever cameo during the episode just shows what awesome work David Pro does with this Part.

Top Bottom