• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Why couldn't this logic be applied to fucking Dragonball Z?
DBZ was never meant to be too deep, even when Akira moved away from the parody tag he still kept the series ridiculous, also he was the poster boy for that formula in shonen, everyone sorta was going off his design.

Akira is based off a real rockstar, Kenji Ohtsuki

PzJXNawApLE.jpg

r84_Evd_33g.jpg

Here he is with Araki

qEV3_oCTtQo.jpg

He has sung the theme songs for Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, the ending song for Welcome to the NHK, and a few others.

Mortemis

Banned
just caught up with the current episode, and yeah part 4 still da best, and we ain't even at the good shit yet

RHCP is an awesome stand, but yeah his plot relevancy was always too long. the fight was pretty awesome but not what you'd expect from someone that was introduced a while back. either way i liked this fight...

Since we only got "right hand tapping"
tumblr_myqlzkr6gU1qed4mgo1_500.jpg

but why they gotta cut out the best part of the fight :(

i was dying when i first saw this

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It has to be an honor to be immortalized in JJBA. Is there any way to find out who is based on who? Or is that something you only get in the manga notes? Would love to know if Dio was based on a real person.

Dio?

Tall4Life

Good episode. A little disappointing that Koichi was relegated to Speedwagon-status again after that incredibly tense Yukako fight. I imagine he'll do more in the upcoming episodes, though. I thought he was going to write the word insulate or something on one of the vents to stop RHCP, but I don't know if that would've been possible

Ezalc

It has to be an honor to be immortalized in JJBA. Is there any way to find out who is based on who? Or is that something you only get in the manga notes? Would love to know if Dio was based on a real person.

Dio is a combination of his namesakes Ronnie James Dio and Marlon Brando and probably some Bowie and Dracula for good measure and charming vampiric fabulousness.

Did Akira have any motivation to kill Joseph? He wanted to become a rock star, why would jotaro have any problem with him? Why kill okuyasu's brother? Why did he even want the arrow? None of these things forwards his progress as a musician...

Did Akira have any motivation to kill Joseph? He wanted to become a rock star, why would jotaro have any problem with him? Why kill okuyasu's brother? Why did he even want the arrow? None of these things forwards his progress as a musician...

He knew Keicho had the arrow and wanted it just to have it. He told the Joestars to get out of town and they didn't listen. He was basically really power hungry.

Permanently A

He wanted to kill Joseph because Joseph could find his identity with his spirit camera. As for why he stole the bow in the first place... meh

He wanted to kill Joseph because Joseph could find his identity with his spirit camera. As for why he stole the bow in the first place... meh

Ya basically what I'm getting at is the impetus for him doing all of this doesn't really exist. I guess he could just be power hungry but we never get a good reason for him stealing the bow, which leads to them looking for him in the first place, which then fuels his drive to kill Joseph.

Soriku

Yeah I don't really understand his motivation either. Say he killed Josuke and co, what's his next step? What's his end goal?

FluxWaveZ

You can count the amount of JoJo villains with well written backgrounds and justified motivations on one hand, if not zero.

Well, it certainly isn't zero because I like Dio's background, even though it makes for a simplistic goal of "being the best/most powerful." Unfortunately, I can't say there are many others that come to mind up to now.

Yeah I don't really understand his motivation either. Say he killed Josuke and co, what's his next step? What's his end goal?

Probably try to become a world famous rock star while killing anyone in his way. It's not like anyone could prove he was murdering dudes. The Arrow would probably be great too

"yeah I got this thing that can give you ultimate power, but I need something in return"

All in all, Akira is just a stupid selfish asshole, like most Stand users.

Well, it certainly isn't zero because I like Dio's background, even though it makes for a simplistic goal of "being the best/most powerful." Unfortunately, I can't say there are many others that come to mind up to now.

Yeh, I had him primarily in mind. I don't think there's much actual depth to Dio after the initial episodes but by that point it was enough.

Good episode. A little disappointing that Koichi was relegated to Speedwagon-status again after that incredibly tense Yukako fight. I imagine he'll do more in the upcoming episodes, though. I thought he was going to write the word insulate or something on one of the vents to stop RHCP, but I don't know if that would've been possible

Echoes Act 2 doesnt work like that. It doesn't make actual words real, just sound effects you would see in a comic book like boom, whoosh or boing. While I agree Koichi could have done more to help, there is no sound effect for insulate, and RCHP would have insta-killed him in a 1v1 fight.

Jotaro explains his reasoning for Josuke remaining on the dock, but the whole time it just makes me question why he didnt have Okuyasu stay behind. All the dude needs to do is swipe away air to prevent an RC plane from making progress.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Jotaro explains his reasoning for Josuke remaining on the dock, but the whole time it just makes me question why he didnt have Okuyasu stay behind. All the dude needs to do is swipe away air to prevent an RC plane from making progress.

Couldn't he have also cut the air to have the boat get to the ship faster?

And are RC planes really that fast? Especially back in the 90s?

CBTech

He controls space but not acceleration, so that'd lead to an accident

If that's the case why did the potted plant hit him during his fight with Josuke? The Hand seems a little inconsistent in that regard. It is explained by just erasing space and pulling things together, but his fight with Josuke shows that there is momentum if something gets pulled towards him.

Soriku

Pet Shop and Iggy have the same thinking capabilities as humans. Pet Shop nonchalantly licks his blood like many evil anime villains, and Iggy can identify Bruce Lee.

Top Bottom