• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I worked at a nursing center for about a year, once you hit 75-80 it doesn't really take much. Some elderly people can bounce back, some it's more like a snowball going downhill, starts minor and then things just get worse and worse.

Joseph isn't "normal". He was not aging naturally and did "die" for a few minutes. All that combined killed his mind probably. he doesn't seem stupid or insane, he's just an old man that's hard of hearing and very weak. People are acting like he's a drooling baby.

Episode 12

That was another great episode. Since I didn't play ASB or EoH, this was my first time seeing Akira's strumming in motion. And boy, was it glorious. The fight itself was creative, especially the part with the tire. And Okuyasu's bit at the end was hilarious. I was also cracking up when Joseph kept mispronouncing Okuyasu's name.

And holy shit! That final shot! So hyped up right now.

jstripes

Banned
Episode 12

That was another great episode. Since I didn't play ASB or EoH, this was my first time seeing Akira's strumming in motion. And boy, was it glorious. The fight itself was creative, especially the part with the tire. And Okuyasu's bit at the end was hilarious. I was also cracking up when Joseph kept mispronouncing Okuyasu's name.

And holy shit! That final shot! So hyped up right now.

If I hadn't watched Mr. Osomatsu, I wouldn't have noticed Joseph calling him Osomatsu-kun.

cntr

Banned
o86HMqJ.png

convo

Joseph isn't "normal". He was not aging naturally and did "die" for a few minutes. All that combined killed his mind probably. he doesn't seem stupid or insane, he's just an old man that's hard of hearing and very weak. People are acting like he's a drooling baby.

The series also showed that hamon is life-energy that is mantained through training, that's why Lisa Lisa could look that dashing for her age.
Basically Joseph was a shit-ass about training.

TWILT

Banned
Man, it's so sad seeing Joseph be a shell of his former self. I know he's really old now, but dang, still sad to see. :(

Great episode as always. Josuke blushing when he finally met his old man was actually pretty sweet lol.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It still confuses me how much sentience Red Hot Chili Pepper has, the user can talk through the Stand but Chili kept referring to itself separate from Otoishi.

It still confuses me how much sentience Red Hot Chili Pepper has, the user can talk through the Stand but Chili kept referring to itself separate from Otoishi.

Some Stands have a personality. Usually the more automatic/long range ones. It's somewhat implied they all kind of do, like Star Platinum being violent according to Jotaro and The World being really unruly and hard to control.

Aren't some stands atleast semi sentient? At least that's what I remember from poking around the wiki a while ago, something about some stands being sentient and having personality whereas stands like Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond are just kinda there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's no rhyme or reason to which stands have consciousness/personalities although it tends to be the ones that are quite detached from the user. Just consider them as additional characters instead of straightforward magic powers.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah there pretty much are 3 types of stands so far anime wise:
Stands that are punch ghosts/an extension of the user
Stands that are tools of the user like the stand book from P3 or Tonio's stand
And stands that are independent of the user like RHCP and the wood dummy one

Opto

Banned
If we want to get into semantics we saw Holly and Joseph interact and she's a Joestar. :p

I clearly said Jojo!

Anyway it's kinda ballsy that Araki made a beloved Shonen protagonist have incredibly human flaws, both in the ravages of time and of character

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Been bothering me since reading the manga, but I guess dispersing technically can't be reflected into physical injury.

Also again with early part 4-late part 4 artstyle mix, we even got moments of Josuke looking early part 4 here

cntr

Banned
Anyway it's kinda ballsy that Araki made a beloved Shonen protagonist have incredibly human flaws, both in the ravages of time and of character
tbh, Jojo's always been more seinen than shounen, except for maybe part 1.

And Araki's writing, especially with characters, gets better and better.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
throughout this episode I was expectin joseph to suddenly stand up and punch kira in the face...instead it doesnt seem like he is putting on a facade?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Calling it character assassination is the fucking dumbest thing.

He's old. People get old. Old people have health problems, even without going on two world-spanning life-risking adventures.
What I find intereting is how in shape and well off he was in his 60s, I mean, he wasent even suppose to have the body he has in part 3, you would think he wouldnt end up like this until atleast his 90s

What I find intereting is how in shape and well off he was in his 60s, I mean, he wasent even suppose to have the body he has in part 3, you would think he wouldnt end up like this until atleast his 90s

power of the hamon, keeps the body young for a long time

Joseph could have keep his body like that for longer if he still keep practicing hamon

isn't Judgement the first one?

The definition for remote stand is very broad. It's basically any stand that can operate independant of the user so there are quite a lot of them.

Automatic stands are a different story, and the only one I can think of that we've seen so far that might fit that description is Lovers, simply because Dan said he could travel anywhere he wanted and it would still be in effect.

That may mean it just has infinite range, and we haven't seen any true automatic stands yet.

Blues1990

Joseph went through a lot of shit in Part 3, including dying.

I agree. Everyone seems to be forgetting all the physical and psychological turmoil Joseph had gone through the whole of Stardust Crusaders, including the part where he literally died. I honestly thought the guy would've been worse off in Part 4, truth be told. :/

Nottle

I just need to say this is probably my favorite episode this season tied with lets eat Italian food and the Koichi vs Yukako fight.

That guitar solo was beautiful. I love how shitty of a character Akira is. Red Hot Chilli Peppers is such a fun stand. I loved how he just wore some Speed Wagon uniform and tried to blame the other guy. Akira is really underappreciated by the community even though he has been the main villain for like 1/3rd of part 4.

Also on the topic of Joseph being old I sort of like it. I bet a lot of old people you look at oddly or dismiss as senile; but their history is full of adventure and overcoming adversity. Around the early 90's a lot of people's grandparents may have had a war story or two that they kept to themselves, it's hard to imagine the kind old grandparent you always had once being thrown into such difficult conflict, but they did, and then they returned to their normal lives.

Also as a bit of head cannon Joseph could have slacked on Hamon for many reasons like: there being no more vampires, or he could have wanted to age with his wife, or the trauma he went through during part 3 did a number on him, or maybe he didn't want to end up delaying the inevitable like Straights tried to do.
I believe it is interesting how Araki's plot holes leave a lot in room for head cannon.

VariantX

power of the hamon, keeps the body young for a long time

Joseph could have keep his body like that for longer if he still keep practicing hamon

Joseph is also super lazy too, and there were no other known threats to to give him a reason to keep practicing it. He probably would have looked almost as young as he was in Battle Tendency in PT 3 had he continued.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
DiU 12
Beautiful guitar solo.
One thing that bug me is how Josuke and Koichi somehow manage to not seeing Akira suddenly missing. It happen in that manga too, but oh well, i'll just chalk it up as Josuke is too tired while Koichi busy communicating with Jotaro or horror movie syndrome.

That cameo at the end though... A+

Erigu

Also as a bit of head cannon Joseph could have slacked on Hamon for many reasons like: there being no more vampires, or he could have wanted to age with his wife, or the trauma he went through during part 3 did a number on him, or maybe he didn't want to end up delaying the inevitable like Straights tried to do.
I think I've read something about Araki going with that "wanting to age with his wife" explanation... Maybe that was in JoJonium comments? Can't confirm, not sure.

DiU 12
Beautiful guitar solo.
One thing that bug me is how Josuke and Koichi somehow manage to not seeing Akira suddenly missing. It happen in that manga too, but oh well, i'll just chalk it up as Josuke is too tired while Koichi busy communicating with Jotaro or horror movie syndrome.

That cameo at the end though... A+

I think it's more like Josuke is trying to process the whole "my father is a random guy who cheated on his wife with my mom" and his mind wandered.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
speaking of part 3, I just remembered an unremarkable fight

I even forgot what the stand do, but it's the one who turned into some lump on Joseph's arm and the user is the supposed princess Hol Horse and Polnareff went off with

Betty

Banned
speaking of part 3, I just remembered an unremarkable fight

I even forgot what the stand do, but it's the one who turned into some lump on Joseph's arm and the user is the supposed princess Hol Horse and Polnareff went off with

Empress stand that becomes a parasite basically.

That was one of the most hilarious fights though, Joseph panicking and shouting as people looked on bewildered, being framed for killing that doctor, good times.

Mista Koo

Yo Akira's design is pretty cool, although that was a fairly lame fight. I wouldn't mind him Hol Horsing back. Josuke's and Joesph B-plot was neat.

Akira made me think of making a Heritage for the Future sized roster for part 4 as the series goes on. So far we'd have the four good guys, Keicho, Yukako, and Akira.
HotF had 15 unique characters ignoring palette swaps/hidden characters (you know Surface would be a Josuke palette swap). One of the things that lead me to do this is my surprise with how minor of a role Devo and Alessy had and yet they were my favorite characters when the game introduced me to Jojo.

he rode in Dios coffin
Thanks for the laugh. That's actually the most plausible explanation!

Apparently Iyami was one of the insparations behind William Anthonio Zeppeli's mustache.

DO NOT POST PART 4 MANGA SPOILERS, NOT EVEN IN SPOILER TAGS!
BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW GAFFERS WHO PREFER TO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME.
Things are only going to get worse, unless we get a mod in here.

Yo Akira's design is pretty cool, although that was a fairly lame fight. I wouldn't mind him Hol Horsing back. Josuke's and Joesph B-plot was neat.

Akira made me think of making a Heritage for the Future sized roster for part 4 as the series goes on. So far we'd have the four good guys, Keicho, Yukako, and Akira.
HotF had 15 unique characters ignoring palette swaps/hidden characters (you know Surface would be a Josuke palette swap). One of the things that lead me to do this is my surprise with how minor of a role Devo and Alessy had and yet they were my favorite characters when the game introduced me to Jojo.

Thanks for the laugh. That's actually the most plausible explanation!

Apparently Iyami was one of the insparations behind William Anthonio Zeppeli's mustache.

Things are only going to get worse, unless we get a mod in here.

Uhh the spoiler pic you quoted from me was the osomatsu pic, which you also quoted above so that's weird.

My name is Akira Otoishi, listen to my song!! I'm half expecting this guy to play a Fire Bomber song. Geezer Joseph's brain turned to fucking pudding. Holy shit Okuyasu really is dumb as a box of rocks filled with a bag of hammers. That guy with the severed hand fetish is still running around. Does anybody know if Jojo ever has a main villain that's actually a female?

Man, the past few episodes have been awesome.
Red Hot Chili Peppers is a frightening stand, but the user, while smart, is overly conceited which led to his demise.

Can Joseph still call out his Stand? Would he have trouble doing it?

"H-Hermit...Nurple? No, that's not it. Uhhhh....Kermit Slurple?"

Top Bottom