• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD |OT| Dio's in His Heaven, All's Right With Za Warudo

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The real problem I have with this release, isn't the price. If this had been an Iron Galaxy style port, chock full of features and extra content, $20 would be a good price to get such a niche game re-released with online play.

Unfortunately, there are indications this is a dodgy port, and not an Iron Galaxy quality package. We need to know more, but that's the real problem IMO.
Agreed. Hell, even just a port of the Super Story Mode from the PSX version would have made me happy...

So this game is just Part 3 of the manga?
Yep.

Tizoc

Got a message on my phone that I GOT PAID, gonna recharge my PSN card and get the game next week~
I too am hoping the port will be good.

Erigu

I spot 2 references
one is Polnareff getting hit by the Arrow as a super and Giorno's ladybug shows up on the map
Can't remember the latter... It's been so long.
But I'm more ashamed I didn't think of Young Joseph. Part 2!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wow! great OP

Cool presentation in concise package.

Really appreciated the redirects to offsite resources instead of just copying and pasting info from them wholesale. Keeps post from being cluttered while still being informative

Should mention Stand Crash Wiki for new players as well. Might be hard to learn from Gostunv's combo videos alone for alot of people

Tizoc

Is anyone getting the JPN ver.? If so can those that do check to see if it has an option to turn blood on or off?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Game looks interesting, but not interesting enough for someone like myself with no previous exposure to the series to drop $20 on it.

Tobe

so lets say (i hope not) that jojo bombs because its a awful port, would gaf still be into it? would you hop online and play it on ggpo?

It'd entirely depend on just what it is that makes it a bad port. That and if there are beginners other than myself playing :T

...Still, I have the feeling that by the time I can get points to buy this game the community is gonna be dead anyways -.-

Tizoc

So is it out in Japan? What're the reports on the port? Is there a blood option?
I CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER 24 HOURS TO GET THIS GAME!!!!11111 I NEED IT NAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO111111!!1111

NEO0MJ

Unless this is a perfect port with no flaws I'll wait for the price drop.

...Still, I have the feeling that by the time I can get points to buy this game the community is gonna be dead anyways -.-

I bet most who buy it will just mess around with Dio and Petshop for laughs and then drop it.
It will die faster than 3S >_<

Tobe

Unless this is a perfect port with no flaws I'll wait for the price drop.

I bet most who buy it will just mess around with Dio and Petshop for laughs and then drop it.
It will die faster than 3S >_<

its sad cause that may be true :( such a beautiful game with awesome characters and mechanics :( its just people dont want to spend the time :(

also STATUS REPORT PLOX!

arit

Japanese version online now, also trial. Size is 650MB.

Seems to be only available via search for now, so "&#12472;&#12519;&#12472;&#12519;" and go!

Tizoc

Seems to be only available via search for now, so "ジョジョ" and go!

Oh if ur gonna dl it plz post feedback on how it plays please!
...and any chance u could check for an option for Blood on or off?

Dambrosi

Banned

Seems to be only available via search for now, so "&#12472;&#12519;&#12472;&#12519;" and go!
Yeah, I see some kind of add-on for it as well, selling for the same price. What is that?

Just an fyi, the JP PSN updated and it's up for everyone now(not only search now). I'm downloading it now. :p

Yeah, I see some kind of add-on for it as well, selling for the same price. What is that?
Yeah, I uh... it scares me a little bit, to be honest. Can't read Japanese though ;_;

kassatsu

Banned
Just an fyi, the JP PSN updated and it's up for everyone now(not only search now). I'm downloading it now. :p

Yeah, I uh... it scares me a little bit, to be honest. Can't read Japanese though ;_;

The first one is the demo + the unlock key. The other one is just the unlock key.

arit

A friend of mine(with faster internet -_-) is saying there is an original/mild option and blood is in it, but he thinks the sound/music is faulty.

EDIT: And menus are in english.

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, I just played through the demo as Jotaro, and I'm amazed that I forgot just how much damn fun the game is.

First things first - the settings. As arit said, the menus are in English, as is everything else, so it must be set to your machine's language. Cool beans. Also, not only does it have "visual expression" (blood or sweat) settings, but also filter settings too, so if you don't like the "HD" filter, you can turn it off for good ol' retro-style pixel art gloriousness! Not that I had much of a problem with the filter, except for the jagged lines around sprites that appear sometimes.

Otherwise, you've got three rounds of Story Mode, with four characters to choose from: Jotaro, Avdol, Hol Horse (<3) and Dio. Control is smooth as silk, moves come out like butter, no execution barriers here. Graphics are fast, colourful and smooth too, no hitches, all cut scenes are in English, and loading times are mercifully short between matches. Good job, so far.

To the guy who said there was something wrong with the sound - nope, it sounds just like that in the Dreamcast version (I can't tell you about how it compares to the arcade original, for obvious reasons, but I expect it sounds the same, too).

No online multiplayer in the demo, though - booooooo. I can't say if the game has local multi or not - I only have one controller for PS3, sorry.

I dunno about twenty bucks worth, but it is a good version of JBA, I can say that. I'll probably end up getting it just because I'm a JoJo fanboy, myself.

Kaijima - sadly, no, but at least you don't have that smear filter anymore!

Dambrosi

Banned
So what's in this HD remake exactly? And should I watch the anime?
READ THE MANGA

And this game is based on the third volume, Stardust Crusaders. Story mode, de-selectable smear filter to try to make it look more HD, online multiplayer (not in the demo), English menus and cut scenes. Otherwise, seems like a perfect port job from the arcade as it bloody well should be.

Right, I just played through the demo as Jotaro, and I'm amazed that I forgot just how much damn fun the game is.

First things first - the settings. As arit said, the menus are in English, as is everything else, so it must be set to your machine's language. Cool beans. Also, not only does it have "visual expression" (blood or sweat) settings, but also filter settings too, so if you don't like the "HD" filter, you can turn it off for good ol' retro-style pixel art gloriousness! Not that I had much of a problem with the filter, except for the jagged lines around sprites that appear sometimes.

Otherwise, you've got three rounds of Story Mode, with four characters to choose from: Jotaro, Avdol, Hol Horse (<3) and Dio. Control is smooth as silk, moves come out like butter, no execution barriers here. Graphics are fast, colourful and smooth too, no hitches, all cut scenes are in English, and loading times are mercifully short between matches. Good job, so far.

To the guy who said there was something wrong with the sound - nope, it sounds just like that in the Dreamcast version (I can't tell you about how it compares to the arcade original, for obvious reasons, but I expect it sounds the same, too).

No online multiplayer in the demo, though - booooooo. I can't say if the game has local multi or not - I only have one controller for PS3, sorry.

I dunno about twenty bucks worth, but it is a good version of JBA, I can say that. I'll probably end up getting it just because I'm a JoJo fanboy, myself.

This is sounding great! Thanks so much for the impressions. Will be picking up the US version as soon as it drops tomorrow!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Sounds better than I'd hoped; will be trying the XBLA demo on wednesday, will probably pull the trigger if it's all kosher.

Wish Super Story Mode was in. But they would have to completely rework it since it was running off the PS1 version and would be missing animations if left as is.

Tizoc

Thanks for the feedback! I am more hype that ever X3 UPDATE ALREADY US PSN!
BTW, does the game keep the names in Japanese if u play on an English account?

Naite

Going through the demo right and I'm so tempted to get this, but I don't want to spend money on another fighter when I'm not even playing enough of P4A, and then there's TTT2 and GGXXAC+ in the upcoming months.

Liking the HD filter for the sprites so far. Usually I like to disable them.

gutabo

I don't even own a console anymore but hopefully they will do something, anything about pet shop. Otherwise I can see it becoming a "play as pet shop online or die" kinda deal. <3 Jojo anyway.

petshop-wins.gif

Exactly.

For people that don't know about petshop:
think about the worst matchups you can think off(like a full meter Yun to your meterless Sim in SSF4AE, a lvl3 xfactor Super Skrull to your no evidence Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, a Sent to your Roll in MvC2, an Eddie to your no spirit Zappa in GG, a Ratio 3 C-Sagat to your ratio 1 Kyosuke in CvS2, a Chun to your Twelve in 3S, an Akuma to your Zangief in ST, to name a few) and that's a decent pet shop in a nutshell. There are better(and more detailed) explanations but if you have played any of the games I mentioned you'll understand.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't even own a console anymore but hopefully they will do something, anything about pet shop. Otherwise I can see it becoming a "play as pet shop online or die" kinda deal. <3 Jojo anyway.

Exactly.

For people that don't know about petshop:
think about the worst matchups you can think off(like a full meter Yun to your meterless Sim in SSF4AE, a lvl3 xfactor Super Skrull to your no evidence Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, a Sent to your Roll in MvC2, an Eddie to your no spirit Zappa in GG, a Ratio 3 C-Sagat to your ratio 1 Kyosuke in CvS2, a Chun to your Twelve in 3S, an Akuma to your Zangief in ST, to name a few) and that's a decent pet shop in a nutshell. There are better(and more detailed) explanations but if you have played any of the games I mentioned you'll understand.

But Chun li was one of twelves best match ups THIS EXAMPLE SUCKS NOW

dan2026

So I hear this version is censored.

If that is true its a definite no buy.

Edit : Why is the seven hells is this game 1600 moonbucks?
That's a fucking crazy price!

I'd appreciate it if everybody would stop painting Petshop as an instant win button. Someone would need to know how to legitimately take advantage of Petshop's broken shit to even win. Other than that Petshop can be beaten.

Thanks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd appreciate it if everybody would stop painting Petshop as an instant win button. Someone would need to know how to legitimately take advantage of Petshop's broken shit to even win. Other than that Petshop can be beaten.

Thanks.

He's still ST Akuma status

Top Bottom