• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD |OT| Dio's in His Heaven, All's Right With Za Warudo

I guess you're not familiar with the matchup concept?

You mean tiers & matchups right.

If I remember it works something this I think.

If 2 players of high equal skill play 10 times that then ratio of how many wins determines the how that matchup should "hypothetically" play out every time in a best of 10.

Very familiar with the concept thanks. I personally don't believe in it. Nor does it hold any weight for one reason...THE RANDOM FACTOR!!! No matchup knowledge, tier list or just plain skill can account for that. Ever. Things will happen to defy set logic. And unlike others I account for that fact because it is a variable that does and will continue to exist. So in this case even a character that posts a 9-1 against Petshop has that 1 chance and I take it completely as Petshop isn't as unbeatable as everybody paints that situation to be like. If Petshop 10-0 the whole cast I wouldn't have a thing to say. But since that isn't the case then I'll continue to say that the alleged "battle that can't be won" can in fact be won.

Onemic

You mean tiers & matchups right.

If I remember it works something this I think.

If 2 players of high equal skill play 10 times that then ratio of how many wins determines the how that matchup should "hypothetically" play out every time in a best of 10.

Very familiar with the concept thanks. I personally don't believe in it. Nor does it hold any weight for one reason...THE RANDOM FACTOR!!! No matchup knowledge, tier list or just plain skill can account for that. Ever. Things will happen to defy set logic. And unlike others I account for that fact because it is a variable that does and will continue to exist. So in this case even a character that posts a 9-1 against Petshop has that 1 chance and I take it completely as Petshop isn't as unbeatable as everybody paints that situation to be like. If Petshop 10-0 the whole cast I wouldn't have a thing to say. But since that isn't the case then I'll continue to say that the alleged "battle that can't be won" can in fact be won.

So by your logic, Gill in 3S shouldn't be tournament banned as well as Kliff and Justice in GG. Oh and all the unlimited characters in BB.

So by your logic, Gill in 3S shouldn't be tournament banned as well as Kliff and Justice in GG. Oh and all the unlimited characters in BB.

Didn't say that either. Not that it matters anyway. When it comes to tourneys and what not what's good and what's bad is determined by the people in charge. And for the most part things like what you named are banned for a reason. The same with Petshop. These characters are banned because people feel with those characters off the table that true skill and who's the best on that day will prevail. My standpoint is lot more scientific than actually practical but that's what I do.

Tizoc

No 'Super' Story mode and Khan does indeed turn into a cow.
This port is very good and I prefer to play with the Smoothing on, really wish they added a scanline option, scanline+no smoothing looks great on 3S and would look the same here.
Gonna take a while for me to learn the game but overall this is a good port and I am LOVING IT!

gutabo

I'm not sure if you're trolling anymore, I fear for your mental health now. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. If you choose to NOT BELIEVE in something that is talked and accepted by game creators, top players and critics alike that's your choice, not mine. Your logic is laughable. Some people like to say that the earth is flat and have the right to say it so but repeating it a thousand times doesn't make it true. Yes, the battle can be won, but only if the petshop user makes a mistake or does not know the matchup, that's your "random factor" there. I never said petshop had a 10-0 over anyone but if you think it's "ok" if petshop had a 9-1 matchup against all the cast AND you deny that's overpowered you're clearly wrong. You're now clinging to your "10-0" technicality instead of accepting that you don't know what you're talking about and that you have not faced a good petshop. Look for any decent JBA tourney: he's ALWAYS banned. Keep telling to yourself that he's not unbeatable and that if you win 1 match against him after losing 99 straight then you have proven your point and that your "randomness" and your "skill" are more important than logic and matchups.

LOL, well said(don't forget GG ex/gold characters! TRUE SKILL BEATS THEM!!!), I should have gone that road instead of trying to reason...

Didn't say that either. Not that it matters anyway. When it comes to tourneys and what not what's good and what's bad is determined by the people in charge. And for the most part things like what you named are banned for a reason. The same with Petshop. These characters are banned because people feel with those characters off the table that true skill and who's the best on that day will prevail. My standpoint is lot more scientific than actually practical but that's what I do.

Because it seems like we're only feeding the troll.

Onemic

Would have bought the game if P4A didnt release. Now I'll just be playing the demo, as I wont have enough time to invest to learning it.

Tizoc

What 'juggles' can you recover instantly from? If you get hit by Stand Off Dio's St. C you'll get juggled but can you press a button and recover?

I just played 4 different people from Japan over wireless on PS3 and didn't have any noticeable input lag or stutter. This is a great port!

Busaiku

You know what, I really need to actually read through all of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
That'll be my task for the rest of the week.

And then I'll get this!

Busaiku

Nah man, I did this for One Piece back in 2007, and it made me want more!
I just have this problem of getting to Battle Tendency, and stopping about halfway through there, I dunno why.

It's happened three times now.

Tizoc

Nah man, I did this for One Piece back in 2007, and it made me want more!
I just have this problem of getting to Battle Tendency, and stopping about halfway through there, I dunno why.

It's happened three times now.

You can't stomach seeing another Zeppelli die, it's OK bro, but we all have to go thru it when we read this brilliant series
CEASAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Morris

Disco Devil
Seems like there's a healthy amount of japanese dudes playing online. Netcode is working great and I always have bad connections against japan.

Lots of Jotaros and Dios online. Looks like i'm gonna learn Kakyoin instead of Jotaro :(.

Also godfuckingdamn i love this game.

vocab

If I get a hold of it for cheap :D I will play it. I'm probably gonna play Hol horse/Young Joseph or Polnareff.

First, thanks for caring about my mental health. Just know that feeling isn't reciprocated and you can get in line with everybody else who's ever told me that. And that line is pretty long.

Second, I've played plenty of JJBA to know about Petshop and his brokeness. Kaillera be good times. So you can drop that line.

Third, I subscribe to a different logic than everybody else. I used to be down with the logic you subscribe to but since I don't do anything that even corresponds to it anymore I'm able to see things from a different standpoint. If the logic I choose to follow makes you choose to label me a troll then whatever. Not going to lose sleep over it.

I do wanna thank you though. You're just another stark reminder that I'm doing it right.

You enjoy playing. And I'll continue to enjoy finding ways that change how you play it.

Morris

Disco Devil
Ok no forget what I said earlier. Tons of character variety on Ranked PSN.

Have only fought one Petshop so far, but I bodied him because he sucked anyway.

I love this game. Jotaro is so much fun.

Tobe

Ok no forget what I said earlier. Tons of character variety on Ranked PSN.

Have only fought one Petshop so far, but I bodied him because he sucked anyway.

I love this game. Jotaro is so much fun.

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA STINGAAAH

gutabo

First, thanks for caring about my mental health. Just know that feeling isn't reciprocated and you can get in line with everybody else who's ever told me that. And that line is pretty long.

Is that supposed to be a counter or you're actually saying that I'm right? lol thanks for the help!

Second, I've played plenty of JJBA to know about Petshop and his brokeness. Kaillera be good times. So you can drop that line.

Well, you're accepting that petshop is broken, right?(which was the point of this whole thing) Also, offline experience(tourney, casual, money match) >>> online anything. Again, thanks for the help!

Third, I subscribe to a different logic than everybody else. I used to be down with the logic you subscribe to but since I don't do anything that even corresponds to it anymore I'm able to see things from a different standpoint. If the logic I choose to follow makes you choose to label me a troll then whatever. Not going to lose sleep over it.

Like I said, you're choosing to believe whatever you want. Which is fine, like I said before. Just realize that you're even against what the game creators say(among many, many others). I guess they know a thing or two about their games right? I don't even know what you're trying to prove anymore. Your superiority maybe? Existence of a new kind of FGC hipster? I don't know, your personal beliefs are not the point, nor they prove a thing. Nothing personal here dude.

I do wanna thank you though. You're just another stark reminder that I'm doing it right.

You're welcome!

You enjoy playing. And I'll continue to enjoy finding ways that change how you play it.
I reaaaaally doubt you have changed/can change a thing about the way I played/play. Actually, I'm not playing anymore, I retired long ago due to personal issues, I even sold my consoles 6 months ago. Being with my son makes it so much easier but I learned to let go some things. Maybe you can learn that too?

EPILOGUE: Let's not derail the topic anymore, the fact that petshop is broken is already setttled and it's relative "degree of brokenness" is not going to be changed in this discussion. I can agree to disagree, can you?

Onemic

I might just take the plunge and buy the full version even though I know Ill forget about it in a day or so.

EDIT: Got the game. I can feel buyers remorse coming in already...

gutabo

I might just take the plunge and buy the full version even though I know Ill forget about it in a day or so.

EDIT: Got the game. I can feel buyers remorse coming in already...

If I had a console, I would've bought it too just for old time's sake.

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
Heard that some folks struggled with bnbs online while offline is easy sailing. I wonder who developed this port...

Even with the bad online, the port is going to be a good convenient way to play offline.

dan2026

You sir are a gentleman.

index.php

dan2026

I think this is the one time the 'HD' filter does positively improve the graphics.

I want to buy Jojo, but fuck man that price.

Fuck you Capcpom, you greedy scumbags.

Lothars

I think this is the one time the 'HD' filter does positively improve the graphics.

I want to buy Jojo, but fuck man that price.

Fuck you Capcpom, you greedy scumbags.
It may be partially about greed but it's not a very popular license that they redid and maybe this is the best way they can recoup the money they spent on it.

I would prefer it to be 1200 instead but I can understand why this one is 1600.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can not play this demo at all. ZA WARUDOing is impossible. 6H+L+6+S is lolwutpear.jpg on trying to understand what they mean. Go forward, hit H+L and at the same time? Go forward hit S? IMPOSSIBLE.

ElFly

I can not play this demo at all. ZA WARUDOing is impossible. 6H+L+6+S is lolwutpear.jpg on trying to understand what they mean. Go forward, hit H+L and at the same time? Go forward hit S? IMPOSSIBLE.

Yeah the prompts are fucked.

It's a sequence, like raging demon, not all the buttons at the same time.

GO ON AND ZA WARUDO IN PEACE

Tobe

finally downloading it!!!! they say the online is good, hope its true and i can play some people.
add me my GT is Tobe101

Top Bottom