• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD |OT| Dio's in His Heaven, All's Right With Za Warudo

Beckx

READ THE MANGA

And this game is based on the third volume, Stardust Crusaders. Story mode, de-selectable smear filter to try to make it look more HD, online multiplayer (not in the demo), English menus and cut scenes. Otherwise, seems like a perfect port job from the arcade as it bloody well should be.

And this is a good time (in the US at least) to try to catch up on the manga - I was able to get all but two volumes new from Amazon (with a 4 for 3 promotion on some of them), and the other two I got used for under $10 each from an Amazon seller (complete with NYC public library stickers on them, bonus).

Tizoc

Wait what.

Which super.

Well Polnareff has a Lvl. 3 super move done with HCB+AA, he gets hit by the Arrow and the opponent falls asleep. Has a slow start-up from what I've read so it'd only be useful if your opponent is far away and you got 4+ meters to make any use of it

Tobe

Can you check if the names are in Japanese if u play on an English account?

checked, no you still get ICED and d'bo but i can say that it is a very very good port. no apparent issues on the demo. im no expert but im doing regular combos with dio.

Danneee

Look at all those clones...

Always wanted to try this. Did they say anything about a demo? Because this is GoD and not Xbla, right?

Hey, my post specifically says a DECENT pet shop. Of course you can beat a pet shop that doesn't know what he's doing.

Let's put it like this. Does Petshop have a 10-0? No. Then he's not a win button. And this is high level play in consideration of all his matchups. His only actual bad matchup is another Petshop. Admittedly so there are very few characters that can stand up to Petshop but it can be done.

Story Mode, yes. No Super Story Mode though.

Capcom Unity Blog said:
Also, if you have played the original, you'll be glad to know the Versus and Arcade modes are coming straight from the CPS-3 and Dreamcast versions, while the Story mode comes from the PlayStation side. It’s really a complete package!

Link to the complete article HERE

gutabo

checked, no you still get ICED and d'bo but i can say that it is a very very good port. no apparent issues on the demo. im no expert but im doing regular combos with dio.

Any sign of super story mode? That's like the best single player mode in a fighting game ever! So close to the manga... God knows how much time I spent playing that back in the day...
I wanted to 100% it and dumb CPU dio wouldn't stop time for me to counter stop time FFS!!!

Story Mode, yes. No Super Story Mode though.

Damn.

Let's put it like this. Does Petshop have a 10-0? No. Then he's not a win button. And this is high level play in consideration of all his matchups. His only actual bad matchup is another Petshop. Admittedly so there are very few characters that can stand up to Petshop but it can be done.

When did I say it was a win button? Yeah, you surely can get a win or two against him, but seems like you haven't played a GOOD pet shop, and I was refering to a DECENT one in my comment. When you are FORCED to play as pet shop to stand a chance you know something's seriously wrong. And then you finally try him and start to beat your friends with him(and see his side of things), you open your eyes to his OP status.

ElFly

No 10-0? What does rubber soul do against petshop?

SkylineRKR

Demo gives a sign of a good port. If you don't press any buttons it goes to the arcade attract and demonstration cycle. Including the scoreboard. Those were things sadly being omitted from SF3 OE.

Seems like a faithful translation, but its just expensive.

arit

Funny that they changed "Guard Cancel" to "Block Cancel" if the game is running in english, the localized arcade/DC versions did not do that.

gutabo

Hey Tobe, can you do something for me please? Toby pls.

Pick Alessy vs Khan. Turn Khan into a child. Tell us what you see.

EDIT: anyone with the game, care to check this out please? Thanks in advance!

When did I say it was a win button? Yeah, you surely can get a win or two against him, but seems like you haven't played a GOOD pet shop, and I was refering to a DECENT one in my comment. When you are FORCED to play as pet shop to stand a chance you know something's seriously wrong. And then you finally try him and start to beat your friends with him(and see his side of things), you open your eyes to his OP status.

I could get into who've I played when but that doesn't really have any bearing on what I've said at all. Nobody forces you to counter pick Petshop with Petshop. That's a choice. The right choice. Not that I agree however. The thing is for as long as I've been studying fighters one thing remains true. There is no such thing as a battle that can't be won. Even the character with the worst chance of winning still can. That depends on the player playing. And this case is no different than any case you could possibly present.

No 10-0? What does rubber soul do against petshop?

Rubber Soul, some of best anti-air defense in the game.

Petshop's offense comes mainly in flight mode.

I'll let you put that together.

Tizoc

Oh yeah in the DC ver. this was a glitch of sorts that turn Khan into a green...something right?

EDIT: Hah searched a little online and Khan
turns into the cow/bull from the Anubis story arc lol

gutabo

Oh yeah in the DC ver. this was a glitch of sorts that turn Khan into a green...something right?

Exactly! Since it seems like it's a DC port, this would surely confirm it(and it would confirm their laziness). Yeah, it's a cow in other versions, LOL.

I could get into who've I played when but that doesn't really have any bearing on what I've said at all. Nobody forces you to counter pick Petshop with Petshop. That's a choice. The right choice. Not that I agree however. The thing is for as long as I've been studying fighters one thing remains true. There is no such thing as a battle that can't be won. Even the character with the worst chance of winning still can. That depends on the player playing. And this case is no different than any case you could possibly present.

24260425.jpg

I guess you're not familiar with the matchup concept?

Tizoc

EDIT: Beaten! Well, beating challenge mode unlocked a secret character depending on who you used. Are all character unlocked by default?

Should be, one of the Ach./Trophies is to beat the game with each character IIRC.

gutabo

Reposting just in case anyone has already bought it:

I'm currently reading the manga (which is great btw, I'm at part 3 now), so I tried the demo to see what it's like. Seems like a great game, but unfortunately I'm terrible at fighters :(
I couldn't even beat 1 of the story's in the demo so I'm not sure I want to spend 20€ on this thing to get raped online. Does the full game has a practice mode? Because I didn't see one in the demo.

dan2026

I am a huge Jojo fan so half of me wants to play this game. (Never played it)

The other half of me doesn't want spend $20 on a game from 1998.

d0c_zaius

I bought it. Dont give an f about the price, never thought they would release this, or even clean it up.

The cleaned up visuals dont bother me too much, but after checking out the difference I'm going with original. Dont know why they added these manga-esque scratches.

gutabo

I bought it. Dont give an f about the price, never thought they would release this, or even clean it up.

The cleaned up visuals dont bother me too much, but after checking out the difference I'm going with original. Dont know why they added these manga-esque scratches.

Please check if it has SUPER STORY MODE and do this please:

Maybe you can check later for the blood, jojo smoking, dio's demise, japanese onomatopoeia, Abdul's hands, etc.

Onemic

The HD style actually looks really good to me. The added shading makes it look more like something taken straight from a manga. The filters also dont look like they reduce detail in anything at all.(I'm looking at you 3S online)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The HD style actually looks really good to me. The added shading makes it look more like something taken straight from a manga. The filters also dont look like they reduce detail in anything at all.(I'm looking at you 3S online)

Hey, I play Arcade Scanlines and Smoothing because it looks good in Third Strike. ;___;

Not getting this until it's $15 or less/sale from Capcom. Not paying $20, nope.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guys, there's no super story mode. That was only on PS1...JoJo's HD is both arcade versions like the Dreamcast version was.

Not sure if I am going to get this or not- don't need to try it since I have the game on PS1 and DC; just see the game being deader than dead online after a week or two.

Top Bottom