• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD |OT| Dio's in His Heaven, All's Right With Za Warudo

fuck petshop, fuck the 7-3 match for hol horse curse that stupid bird and his small ass hitbox.

Spam glass shots.

qw30B.png

Or swap to Dio/Kakyoin

Tobe

Petshop has hard matchups, Kakyoin doesn't. Kakyoin is an invincible demon god, full of so much fury.

IaI3j.jpg

idk if its up to date but anyways pet is pretty op lol. tho kakyoin is too.

got my first sort of rage mail. asshole loses to hol horse then i meet him again picks pet(to lose) and messages me tellim me im a noob. idk whats the matter, ive seen more petshops today than in the last 2 weeks combined.

EDIT: 4th time in the day someone picked petshop after losing :( just cringe worthy (happily i haven't lost)

Tobe

Wow, from that matchup chart, this games seems like it's very unbalanced.
You should check the vanilla sf4 tier list, the game is not unbalanced if you remove petshop from the picture. Seems like a normal tier list with kakyoin being the "sagat" of Jojo.

Trying to get games on ranked in xbl is hard as fuck, people just see the PP and ran away, don't they understand that they've got nothing to lose? Jesus Christ if I lose they take at least 150 pp from me and If iwin I just gain 1 lousy point! Not many people play player matches :( gonna try and hop to ggpo if I can't play anyone anymore :( man such a good game and port cursed by the greediness
licensing issues and the works still they could have made it 15 usd or 1200 ms space bucks
and bad timming on capcom. At least they made a good port without having to hire another studio. mvc3 team delivered.

Finalow

even if Pet Shop is op I still don't understand how to make some of his combo. (or more like the best one aka spamming Icicle Pick)
btw is very rare to find someone that picks Pet Shop, or at least it was when I was playing it.

Tobe

Does the game have 1-frame links?
Double tap your way to victory, or to the world whichever is better lol.
even if Pet Shop is op I still don't understand how to make some of his combo. (or more like the best one aka spamming Icicle Pick)
btw is very rare to find someone that picks Pet Shop, or at least it was when I was playing it.
Petshop stand crash guide for being op
Just so you know and the guide will tell you most of the stuff petshop does involves holding down buttons and negative edging to take full advantage of the godlike tools this bird has. Like one of the first post in the thread you can know from his intro and the way he looks at you that indeed petshop fucking knows he is op. Unlike mike Watson who just don't know, well petshop knows.

http://i.imgur.com/IaI3j.jpg[/IG]
)[/QUOTE]

Lies and slander. Kakyoin has to be[I] at least[/I] batting 200.

Also, bitches don't know about my boy Khan.

[quote="Tizoc, post: 41825723"]Does the game have 1-frame links?[/QUOTE]

Bullshit-hard unplinkable delayed 1-frames ^_^

[quote="onemic, post: 41788010"]Wow, from that matchup chart, this games seems like it's very unbalanced.[/QUOTE]
It's hard, because the game is incredibly matchup-heavy compared to other fighters, yet exceedingly hard to use multiple characters in.So you get a lot of Jotaro/Vanilla Ice/Avdul/Hol Horse players and nobody works on the other guys.

Tobe

Lies and slander. Kakyoin has to be at least batting 200.

Also, bitches don't know about my boy Khan.

Bullshit-hard unplinkable delayed 1-frames ^_^

It's hard, because the game is incredibly matchup-heavy compared to other fighters, yet exceedingly hard to use multiple characters in.So you get a lot of Jotaro/Vanilla Ice/Avdul/Hol Horse players and nobody works on the other guys.

Khan is a pain if you dont mix up your attacks or if you became predictable. basically its kind of the same with every anubis user. tho his dp is good some characters can sort of punish it or encourage you not to using randomly.

GB you know that plinking is a new thing just double tap, tho i find some links difficult cause of dashing before the damn attack (looking at you kayoin). Also i had trouble at first doing walk cancels with Dio, bu in the end its just practice.

On the matchup topic yes, its specially hard, example i havent played a good midler and i always beat her pretty easily, turn outs everybody was playing her wrong and some dude comes out of nowhere and kicks my ass. truly you have to learn your matchups in this game, fundamentals doesnt get you THAT far in this game without knowledge of the other characters.

Morris

Disco Devil
Hey guys.

FUCK DEVO.

I don't understand why is he charted so low on the tier list. He got dumb mixups and his stand super does a ton of damage, he's kind of like Lieselotte from AH, but dumber. More than anything, I don't understand how his matchup with Kakyoin is 7-3, I can NEVER hit him with anything, I have to be extremely reliant on traps to deal any damage while he can just pressure me for free all day with his dumb ass...

And yeah, Kakyoin is REALLY good, but he's definitely not Petshop tier >:c

Kakyoin is barely worse than Petshop. It's like S+ and S tier. Devo has some of the worst matchups in the game, it's his nature as a character. Kakyoin should be able to hit him whenever he wants, while also doing far more damage off each confirm with better positioning afterward.

Kakyoin is the C.Viper of Jojo's. He's super hard to use, and super top tier. Devo is hard to use, but caps out a lot lower.

Khan is a pain if you dont mix up your attacks or if you became predictable. basically its kind of the same with every anubis user. tho his dp is good some characters can sort of punish it or encourage you not to using randomly.

GB you know that plinking is a new thing just double tap, tho i find some links difficult cause of dashing before the damn attack (looking at you kayoin). Also i had trouble at first doing walk cancels with Dio, bu in the end its just practice.

On the matchup topic yes, its specially hard, example i havent played a good midler and i always beat her pretty easily, turn outs everybody was playing her wrong and some dude comes out of nowhere and kicks my ass. truly you have to learn your matchups in this game, fundamentals doesnt get you THAT far in this game without knowledge of the other characters.

You can't double tap 1-frames... I mean you could, but it's not terribly useful.

Morris

Disco Devil
Yeah I agree with that but he still has weaknesses.

He can get pressured for free once you manage to get in, with no real way to escape other than pushblocking. He also doesn't build meter AT ALL, if you try building meter by mashing B you're giving your opponent a chance to get in, and you don't want that. Also rolling against him is god tier, just make sure to never roll when you're close to him cause you'll just get thrown anyway. His stand normals also have a ton of recovery frames so, if you mistime one of them you are completely open for a jump-in. Don't try to zone him, you'll just get blown up, even with petshop.

Also, y'all XBL peeps need to double dip on PSN. So ronery ;_;

Edit: Oh also, you can deactivate his traps if you hit them with a stand normal. It's still hard to tell where Kakyoin sets his traps if you don't pay attention but eh...

Onemic

You know, basically nobody in this game has a DP. And counter is really good.

Doesn't Avdul have one?

thanks, those combos seem pretty hard to do with a pad tho (especially that "Icicles" thing, hold B-C then release B/C in the middle of the combo while using A or something like that).
also can I know what buttons are A/B/C and 12345etc.? I'm using a PS3 pad. :0

the numbers refer to numpad notation. Look on your keyboard and its congruent with that. ie 5 means neutral and 6 means forward.

Not sure about how A/B/C is mapped to the pad, just check your controller settings they are the different attacks you can do. ie stand, light attack, etc.

kirblar

IaI3j.jpg

idk if its up to date but anyways pet is pretty op lol. tho kakyoin is too.

got my first sort of rage mail. asshole loses to hol horse then i meet him again picks pet(to lose) and messages me tellim me im a noob. idk whats the matter, ive seen more petshops today than in the last 2 weeks combined.

EDIT: 4th time in the day someone picked petshop after losing :( just cringe worthy (happily i haven't lost)
Oh, good, losing to B. Ponaraff and me feeling useless wasn't just me being awful.

Is anyone from outside Japan even playing this game at all? I swear I've only found one match against someone that's not in Japan since I got the game. Sure I haven't had the chance to play too much but the matchmaking is pretty empty anyways :|

Tobe

Well tell me that before I have long sets of P4A matches :|

...You still here for some matches? I really suck but it's still fun anyways.

i just got home, well when i see you online ill send an invite, also my persona is fucking finally arriving this freaking friday, hope i can catch up and there is tekken. WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE FIGHTING GAEMS!

i just got home, well when i see you online ill send an invite, also my persona is fucking finally arriving this freaking friday, hope i can catch up and there is tekken. WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE FIGHTING GAEMS!

Well, it'll probably have to wait until tomorrow night now (even if you see me online tomorrow it's very likely it'd be my brother).

Also, nice, if you want to I can help you catch up with P4U somewhat :p

Tobe

holy shit, jojo in ggpo is godlike (cause of the level of the players) this guy himura had an awesome shadow dio, ill play him again when i see him.

Tobe

Are we allowed to make a GGPO thread? I've had a thread op lying in my PC for months now, but I've been afraid to commit due to some peoples opinions on it.
Ask the mod, I remember asking them about it but that was in the time the google overlords just took over. Probably it would be better as a matchmaking thread, cause emu/rom talk would be a no-no.

vocab

I just play young Joseph on ggpo cause i'm bad at fighting games, and because I dont have access to a training mode. Combos? Fuck that. Crack shoot volley beammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rubber is fun too.

Tobe

im a fucking petshop magnet, ive probably played at least 5 petshops today and lost to 4 of them, japanese douchebags.

GGs Tobe, I was free as hell for the most part >.>

Even if it was only during one match (for both of us), fuck that feathery asshole.

Morris

Disco Devil
Bumping because I just wanna say that ALL VANILLA ICE PLAYERS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF FURIOUS BUTTON MASHERS GODDAMN.

Carry on.

Top Bottom