• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD |OT| Dio's in His Heaven, All's Right With Za Warudo

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Maharia is a zoning character until you level up right?

To me, she's pretty much always a pressure / zoner, she just gets better at it as time goes on.

My style primarily revolves around landing knockdowns with her crouching Light attack chain, then going for mixups with wire, stand placement, b+M knives, and dash-in combos. None of her ranged specials really do serious chip damage except for her "What are you thinking?!?" Super, so I prefer high-speed midrange, hit-and-run fighting.

You can cancel practically any of her normals into her Stand attacks, which is really great at making her flow.

People with Crazy incincible supers seem to like LETTING her zone, build up meter, and then just try to kill her off in a few meters of super attacks. She doesn't seem to really build much beter unless she's block-stringing, so zoning forever actually can awkwardly get her killed.

I wish her df+Strong uppercut was a stronger anti-air, it's really mostly just a nice floating attack. The other super kinda makes up for it though.

I love how multi-purpose her items are. They all seem to have depth. I wish they thought out Hsien-Ko's items in UMVC3 this well.

Rotanibor

Really glad this port came out, even if i personally find the online unplayable. Interest in the game in Socal is pretty high, and I think we can get a mini-scene going out of it. Going to try having some casuals for it at Super Arcade tonight!

Conan-san

Got my first ranked win, though I'm thoroughly convinced the dood I was fighting had no god-damn clue what he was doing. Oh I was making noob mistakes left right and centre (You'll never see an old man jump quite as much as I was making Joespeh jump) but he just did not want to attack for some reason.

Also, how do you pull someone in with the whip?

Mxrz

Just tried the demo. Something is wrong with the sound. It better in the full version? Its been a while since i played the arcade version but I don't remember the sound being this muffled.

Tobe

Just tried the demo. Something is wrong with the sound. It better in the full version? Its been a while since i played the arcade version but I don't remember the sound being this muffled.
Had the same problem but you get to balance it in the sound menu.

Morris

Disco Devil
Sometimes I really feel like i'm the only westerner playing this game. Can't complain much though, since the netcode is good enough to play well against japanese dudes.

I did play against Dyne a few days ago and got bodied BAD.

Also, my Kakyoin is like top 7 in the PSN leaderboards :D

Tobe

Sometimes I really feel like i'm the only westerner playing this game. Can't complain much though, since the netcode is good enough to play well against japanese dudes.

dyne played you with hol horse? cause ive played him in xbl and god was it hard to get a round from him. his setups are really good.

Morris

Disco Devil
dyne played you with hol horse? cause ive played him in xbl and god was it hard to get a round from him. his setups are really good.

Yup. He got some insane zoning and setups, his Hol Horse is almost untouchable. That unblockable shot is still mad cheap :c

I need to learn to not drop tandem combos. Gotta mash dat ABC better.

Tizoc

How the hell is anyone supposed to play Young Joseph? His only good super has no horizontal range @_@

How the hell is anyone supposed to play Young Joseph? His only good super has no horizontal range @_@

You read your opponents so well that you‘ll even be able to tell them that they‘ll say something right before they say it :D

...or at least that‘s what he does in the manga.

Tobe

It's like they were making fun of this by giving him a super you can easily avoid JUST BY CROUCHING!

some characters cant avoid the hamon beam. JOJO is a really easy character to play frame traps all day just dont get predictable. he has an easy combo into ovadrive and the stupid yoyo.

the neat thing about jojo is the cracker volley which a pretty useful tool. dont spam carelessly but throw it when you think it can hit or when you think they will avoid it(hence not blocking it) this shit will come back to you so just block and they will be hit out of anything they are doing.

you can stack volleys and if people crouch thats your cue to spam the ever living shit of volley they will stay crouched leaving them open for a while. this actually a good time to throw out the hamon beam. stack two volleys move forward maybe do an overdrive, backdash and beam. this is taking in account people getting frustrated by the volleys.

GrayFoxPL

Got the game and Japanese are kicking my ass. I only saw 2 other gajins online. We need to change that.

PSN: GrayFoxPL

Tobe

xbl has a good amount of american players tho. man sometimes losing cause of lag or well some random japanese dude with no BP takes a whooping 100 bp from you, shit hurts.

Kusagari

I played my first ranked match and destroyed some Japanese guy, who had quite a fair amount of points, with Iced.

Pretty random.

Tobe

Iced and Devo, if played well, are god tier.
I've seen only 3 vanilla ice and 2 devo online. Ice is the problematic character since his fundamentals are godly tho devo is fucking annoying he is a super cheap Carl from bb. Cant say I don't use cheap characters hol horse and ice user here. Playing dyne at release was eye opening such a cool character hol horse.

Tizoc

Does anyone know what are the lines each character says in the game? I can't make some of them out (like what the heck does Devo's puppet say during certain attacks?)

VerTiGo

Banned
Finally got my hands on this after missing out on the DC version. Wow, I love the animations.

Um, who's good for beginners? Well, not a beginner for fighters but to JoJo.

Tobe

Finally got my hands on this after missing out on the DC version. Wow, I love the animations.

Um, who's good for beginners? Well, not a beginner for fighters but to JoJo.

probably shadow dio, fairly easy combos, unblockable setups and unblockable attacks.
remember shadow dio isnt really about his combos or his infinite, is about him being capable of doing it and scaring the ever living shit of your oponent with constant mixups.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9kqodHWJBY&fmt=18 check this video

Tobe

yeah Iced is pretty strong even if you aren't that good. I'd make him my "main" if I get better.
LLM into tandem and rape them. Ice probably has the easiest links in the game. Well jojo too.

EDIT: I also want to point out that this thread misses God's beard very much!

Finally got some points for this game! If anyone on 360 wants to play send me a message. Be warned that I have no idea what I'm doing though -.-

I'm so sorry everyone :-(

Btw, I play:

Dio
Mariah
Midler
Khan

and sub Devo.

LLM into tandem and rape them. Ice probably has the easiest links in the game. Well jojo too.

EDIT: I also want to point out that this thread misses God's beard very much!

I can do better, I promise! I can change!

yeah Iced is pretty strong even if you aren't that good. I'd make him my "main" if I get better.

Mash dat stand A

probably shadow dio, fairly easy combos, unblockable setups and unblockable attacks.
remember shadow dio isnt really about his combos or his infinite, is about him being capable of doing it and scaring the ever living shit of your oponent with constant mixups.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9kqodHWJBY&fmt=18 check this video

Definitely, SDio is a brilliant starter character. Simple combos and a lot of room to expand. If you can, try and find SF2Feilong, he's really good
at abusing throw traps

Avdul's another solid choice, Jotaro when you get more comfortable with the engine.

I've seen only 3 vanilla ice and 2 devo online. Ice is the problematic character since his fundamentals are godly tho devo is fucking annoying he is a super cheap Carl from bb. Cant say I don't use cheap characters hol horse and ice user here. Playing dyne at release was eye opening such a cool character hol horse.

Hol Horse and Vanilla Ice are literally two-thirds of the cheapest characters in the game. And yeah, Dyne is a beast.

Iced and Devo, if played well, are god tier.

Vanilla yeah, but Devo is super momentum-based. One of, if not the hardest characters to play, without the reward of better characters. Love him, though.

He's great at controlling the screen and his combos are pretty easy. Super is just for people that get past everything else.

Kakyoin is the best character in the game...

Really glad this port came out, even if i personally find the online unplayable. Interest in the game in Socal is pretty high, and I think we can get a mini-scene going out of it. Going to try having some casuals for it at Super Arcade tonight!

You're doing God's work, Roty. Thanks again for the assist.

Maharia is a zoning character until you level up right?

Well, zoning/trap-based. She's kinda bad, but her high/low game is beastly and she can loop supers in the corner.

I don't think Dio is that hard to use. He's a bit like Akuma, same general moves as Jotaro but slightly stronger, and some Raging Demon shenanigans on the side.

His learning curve is super high and you lose it really quickly. Also, he's slightly weaker than Jotaro but his stand is better. Stand-on air knives is godlike, as well as instant Stand C. And he has the best teleport ever.

Is Dio really that hard to use over Jotaro or shadow Dio?

And does anyone know how to do Shadow Dios Dash, 2A, C loop? I can never connect the c after the dash, 2a, as the recovery is too long.

Dash 2A and 2A are different moves. You have to crouch first then 2A, which has more frame advantage.

Well, considering I was quoting your comment on Young...

Just making sure. His best move is jS, which has a great hitbox and you can cancel it off of your air normals on hit or whiff. His slide is special-cancelable which makes it really good and his crackers in general are awesome. You can set up a lot of pressure off of a knockdown, so work that into your game as much as you can. Honestly, I'm not the best person to ask, so you might want to try the standcrash section on him, which I remember as being pretty helpful. There's also a good Jojo on GGPO, but I can't remember his name offhand.

Tobe

Just making sure. His best move is jS, which has a great hitbox and you can cancel it off of your air normals on hit or whiff. His slide is special-cancelable which makes it really good and his crackers in general are awesome. You can set up a lot of pressure off of a knockdown, so work that into your game as much as you can. Honestly, I'm not the best person to ask, so you might want to try the standcrash section on him, which I remember as being pretty helpful. There's also a good Jojo on GGPO, but I can't remember his name offhand.

queue two of them on knock or when they are crouching, pressure them with j.s and stagger some ovaduraivuuuuu. Your main game with jojo is teaching them to block high when they see a cracker or something resembling it, throw hamon. bait jump ins and CAESAAAAR them.

Tobe

Alright, I'll give that stuff a try. Also, just from going through arcade, I'm pretty sure Iggy is by far one of his worst match ups isn't it? At least it felt frustrating >:|

CURSE THE ZEPELLI'S CURSE

Iggy is strange in general.

And you havent played against a petshop -_-", well iggy is weird, really weird i remember seeing a good iggy on xbl once, dont remember gt tho.

I enjoyed him immensely when I was playing on GGPO. Definitely had to get used to all his different options though.

him pissing at you after a grab is godlike.

Onemic

Dash 2A and 2A are different moves. You have to crouch first then 2A, which has more frame advantage.

Ya I noticed that. Ive gotten it a few times, but I still can't tell the difference between the two. I just try to dash as early as possible and hope it completes in time for the 2A to be a 2A and not a dash 2A.

Tobe

Ya I noticed that. Ive gotten it a few times, but I still can't tell the difference between the two. I just try to dash as early as possible and hope it completes in time for the 2A to be a 2A and not a dash 2A.

dash and instead of doing 2A do 1A.

You don't have to complete the dash, just crouch cancel, go back to neutral then hit 2A.

Top Bottom