• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Yeah I guess that's true. I don't think Araki really had that in mind originally though. Koichi would have died without Josuke right? Seems like it was meant to be a gamble then he changed it to the arrow chooses.

cntr

Banned
I think the following fights are where Araki really starts making Stands bizarre

people thought Highway Star had a random activation scheme, what the heck are they going to think about Enigma Boy?

Thud

I think Super Fly was my least favorite part in 4. Everything after that was

QONVIyz.gif

Tizoc

Wait a minute...can Stands even be trapped in solid objects? I know we keep calling them Punch Ghosts, but are they still bound by the laws of physics despite being a manifestation of one's soul/spirit?

Wait a minute...can Stands even be trapped in solid objects? I know we keep calling them Punch Ghosts, but are they still bound by the laws of physics despite being a manifestation of one's soul/spirit?
How can the stands be bound by the laws of physics when the poses aren't?

cntr

Banned
As far as I remember, we've only seen stands pass through their own users. They're still affected by physical objects.

cntr

Banned
well, you see

Star Platinum carefully punched the bars and materials in the jail into tiny pieces, melted them down by rubbing them, and then used its precision eyesight and memory to build objects for Josuke to use

Tizoc

Aight here is the draft for the Part 5 OT, atm the Subtitles I have in mind include
OT aka JoJo Part 5 anime thread
OT Something in Italian
OT Nella corte del Re Cremisi (In the court of the Crimson King)

Bigger ver. of this
aU5n2D2.png

Introduction
Welcome one and all to the animated adaptation of Part 5 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
This new Part takes place in fair and beautiful Italy, home of fashion, art and yakuzamafiapizza (Mozzarella~). Going forward, the series' trademark fabulousness, fashion and Stands with ridiculous powers are taken up to Eleven AND BEYOND.

For MAXIMUM enjoyment, watch the show with friends and/or family who have never watched JoJo before and watch joyfully as their mind goes numb from the absurdity!
Why not also take a screenshot from the episode and put it up on Social Media for all your followers and friends to see, and chortle at their failed attempts at comprehending the insane footage before their phone's screen.

The story
While Part 4 wasn't heavy on having a primary plot, Part 5 on the other hand does.
Part 5 follows Giorno Giovana, a teenager not just with ATTITUDE, but charisma, style, fortitude and, most important of all, a DREAM. It this DREAM that pushes him forward in this madcap odyssey he is about to embark; Giorno Giovana
IBj7GhB.jpg

No more need be said; now you know the plot, get your poses ready, cuz it's about to get FABULOUS.

The lead fasion models

50587c62c6b56cf0decdc9811c8cde77.jpg

(^Gonna need a better ver. of Prince in the yellow suit)
Giorno Giovana is a teenager with a most peculiar dream and he will let nothing and no one get in his way to achieve it. Aided by golden Stand and crazy ass Italian donuts hairdo he will embark on a quest to achieve his dream.

tumblr_ncsbwfj4vR1tkolvlo2_400.png

Is he a brown biscuit or the most fashionable shade of brown in the world? Regardless Bruno is not one to be trifled with as he a member of the gang 'Passione', yet what interest does he have with Giorno? Does he wish to earn his friendship? Could he be a long lost childhood friend of Giorno's?! STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

Tizoc

Yo what's up with Giorno wearing gloves in the covers of the early chapters of Part 5.

If you need other pics of prince in that outfit just google image search 'Prince diamonds and pearls tour', because that's where he wore it.

Thanks. Man there are so many to choose from heh.

D-Man

Do we have any idea when the next DiU OST CD is going to come out? I need a full, clean version of Kira's theme in my life.

Next time on Diamond is Unbreakable:

Yoshikage "Pussy Destroyer" Kira acquires a green thumb and learns the lesson that he doesn't have to literally live up to his nickname all the time, in more ways than one.

My little brother thinks Kira can talk to cats because of the translated title (Cats Love Yoshikage Kira) and Killer Queen looks like one lol, I can't wait to see his face when he meets next week's stand user.

Do we have any idea when the next DiU OST CD is going to come out? I need a full, clean version of Kira's theme in my life.

No word on it yet, might not be until after the entire series is done.

Gureito Days is out next week though, and it has a full English version of the song too.

So given the now obvious production problems with DiU, let's say Part 5 goes back to taking a break like SDC did. What's a good stopping point? I think the gang choosing to rebel and sailing off is the most obvious choice.

Leezard

It seems the quality of every other episode(Recently) has a drop in...quality. They've had to outsource a number of episodes~

They outsourced the Ratt episode too, no? That episode was great, I thought. There have been some disappointing episodes in terms of quality lately, but that does not necessarily mean we will get worse quality.

JayEH

So given the now obvious production problems with DiU, let's say Part 5 goes back to taking a break like SDC did. What's a good stopping point? I think the gang choosing to rebel and sailing off is the most obvious choice.

I could see part 5 having a panel for panel remake like 3 did so a break would probably be necessary.

BBboy20

By the way, if you are watching Phantom Blood on Toonami tonight, join us at ToonamiGAF for the live posting! It'll be the funnest (and perhaps most Bizarre) place in NeoGAF tonight! :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, reminder that it airs at 12:30, right after DBZ Kai.

If you wish to partake in Part 2 group watching, it'll be a few months (around the beginning or middle of January, based on the schedule & marathons) but the reactions will be glorious.

Also wouldn't be surprised if in Dec., they do a marathon for most of the Part 1 episodes. I'll mention it here if anyone wants a good chunk of dub episodes to check out to see how WB handled it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
woooooooooooooo

Roundabout aired for its full ED length on the first episode on Toonami.

Now to see if they shorten it next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom