• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, I haven't read Part 8 since the arc with the town of thieves, and was planning on catching up.

What chapter was the thief town thingy in again? I'm not misremembering stuff, right?

Tizoc

df953bc683381d0ed8874a36d93d86bca4e71653_hq.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jojo on a mainstream cable channel. What a time to be alive.

*that Trump/D4C picture* Pretty sure Trump's Stand would be The Wall.

cntr

Banned
you know, Jojo makes a lot of arc-ending jokes like the Crusaders laughing at the Wheel of Fortune user or Rohan losing Shizuka, and it reminds me of similar endings used in cartoons and sitcoms. It's hard to describe, but it feels a lot like a "cartoon" joke.

Ezalc

Just finished watching ep1 along with reading the Toonami thread's impressions. Amazing how well Dio translated and how people already love to hate him. Glorious dickery is universal confirmed.

The dub was better than I expected. Although, I've only heard clips from Battle Tendency beforehand.

I don't like the narrator voice, though. It seems off to me.

Why do people act like Funny Valentine being president would be a bad thing? You know that dude would put his country before everything else.

Plus he has an American flag scar on his back, so there's that.

strong case but

hqdefault.jpg

"He will kill the vice-president."

One day I'll play Metal Wolf Chaos.

The plot even reads like some bizarre shit, "the vice president starts up an insurrection to usurp power from the president. The president must now rely on his mecha to take back his country, battling his old comrades who have gone over to the vice president's side before finally dueling his nemesis in a mecha battle in space to save America and prevent the nuclear destruction of the world."

ChouGoku

Just finished part 6. Amazing arc the end totally came from left field for me with Jotaro, Jolyne, and everyone "dying". Another amazing arc, crazy stands, and dope enemies. Will start part 7 soon

Stands are pretty much always the same gender as their user!

(I hope someone doesn't post an image scan contradicting that claim)

You know, I hadn't realized until this post how androgynous stand designs get after 4 or so. Skinnier, robotic, ghostlike sure, but I hadn't thought about how less obvious stands' gender gets over time.

I really hope premium bandai allows some jojo merch for overseas sale soon. Looks like they added love live, whatever that is, so I hope other series appear too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom