• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooooooooo

So I was just kinda watching all the JoJo OPs... and it looks like the OP for the second half of Part 3 spoils Dio's stand pretty blatantly. Tell me it isn't so! My GF will be coming up on that part soon and I'd hate to know that whole deal is spoiled by the OP. Is that just something that it does after his stand is revealed?

Matsukaze

so i'm not sure this is real or not

tumblr_of5vixBgtH1tb18n1o1_500.jpg
My gut tells me that's a work, but who knows.

Leezard

Noooooooooo

So I was just kinda watching all the JoJo OPs... and it looks like the OP for the second half of Part 3 spoils Dio's stand pretty blatantly. Tell me it isn't so! My GF will be coming up on that part soon and I'd hate to know that whole deal is spoiled by the OP. Is that just something that it does after his stand is revealed?

There's an update to the OP after the stand is actually revealed. It's not as obvious before that, even if there's a lot of time imagery. That said, I don't know which one you looked at, but in the updated one DIO actually stops time during the OP.

There's an update to the OP after the stand is actually revealed. It's not as obvious before that, even if there's a lot of time imagery. That said, I don't know which one you looked at, but in the updated one DIO actually stops time during the OP.

Yeah the subtle hinting imagery is no problem, I'm glad that the part in question is an update.

I loved how they animated Stray Cat. It really felt like a cat trapped in a plant body. They also actually kept the page with its anatomy as an eyecatch so that was good too.

The next episode was called July 15 part 1. Wonder what's up with that.

Astral

I loved how they animated Stray Cat. It really felt like a cat trapped in a plant body. They also actually kept the page with its anatomy as an eyecatch so that was good too.

The next episode was called July 15 part 1. Wonder what's up with that.

Yeah that was weird. What is the next episode anyway?

Baha

So they finally made some changes to the ED.

-Kira's no longer on the bench in the train station
-Atom Heart Father added to the steel containers scene
-Kosaku has replaced Kira in the diamond.

So they finally made some changes to the ED.

-Kira's no longer on the bench in the train station
-Atom Heart Father added to the steel containers scene
-Kosaku has replaced Kira in the diamond.

So they're riding this one to the end it seems. That's too bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They used Stray Cat instead of Feral Cat I noticed.
Noticed this as well, one of the few names that they actually kept instead of using the Namco names. Wonder what the reason was, considering the only other name I can think of that was kept instead of altered was Polnareff.

Noooooooooo

Yeah the subtle hinting imagery is no problem, I'm glad that the part in question is an update.

Yeah, it's no worries on that. I'm 100% I know which compilation you saw, and that compilation includes all the SFX versions of the openings, which usually only happen on the last episode of the appropriate series~

Noticed this as well, one of the few names that they actually kept instead of using the Namco names. Wonder what the reason was, considering the only other name I can think of that was kept instead of altered was Polnareff.

We were so close to Jean Pierre Eiffel

cntr

Banned
Carne instinctively knew what Notorious BIG did, since he DIDN'T FEAR DEATH and all that stuff, and/or Notorious BIG worked like a normal punch ghost while Carne was alive.

From the anime thread

Lololol
that's nothing compared to his future fuck up of saying his name out loud

At least the latter can be blamed on Kira going back to arrogant Kira, him just externally monologuing is pretty silly.

Then again, my little brother pointed out during the Stray Cat fight that Kira was almost constantly narrating out loud for seemingly no reason, to which the only explanation I could offer is "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure"

Thud

At least the latter can be blamed on Kira going back to arrogant Kira, him just externally monologuing is pretty silly.

Then again, my little brother pointed out during the Stray Cat fight that Kira was almost constantly narrating out loud for seemingly no reason, to which the only explanation I could offer is "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure"

Kira Truman Show.

Just noticed that Stray Cat's in the OP. So what the fuck is that weird looking machine thing that looks like it's wearing a set of VR goggles? Never mind just realized that's face transplant Kira. I was actually thinking about this last night and who even shot that fucking cat with the standu arrow? Is Kira's dad that dumb with it and why would it hunt down Kira and not Josuke if it was shot by his dad?

Just noticed that Stray Cat's in the OP. So what the fuck is that weird looking machine thing that looks like it's wearing a set of VR goggles? Never mind just realized that's face transplant Kira. I was actually thinking about this last night and who even shot that fucking cat with the standu arrow? Is Kira's dad that dumb with it and why would it hunt down Kira and not Josuke if it was shot by his dad?
The arrow probably chose the cat, and Yoshhiro shot it thinking Kira could use it, maybe? He does use it later, anyway.

Also, why would a cat hunt down a specific person? It's just being a cat. It roams around and just happened to show up at Kira's location. It could have just been fate since stand users are drawn to each other, too.

One of my favorite moments in part 7.

TmxAw3t.jpg
It looks nice in color with the light of the setting sun, but I think b&w works in its favor.

The arrow probably chose the cat, and Yoshhiro shot it thinking Kira could use it, maybe? He does use it later, anyway.

Also, why would a cat hunt down a specific person? It's just being a cat. It roams around and just happened to show up at Kira's location. It could have just been fate since stand users are drawn to each other, too.
"You want the cat?! But it's a fucking cat! EEEHH KIKIKIKI!!!"

Yeah, it's the arrow doing the choosing and Kira's dad is just going along for the ride hoping whatever stand user it cranks out can fuck up the Duwang Gang's shit.

God damn part 7 is just a fucking work of art, how did Araki do that for the 7 or whatever years he spent on it

Yeah, it's the arrow doing the choosing and Kira's dad is just going along for the ride hoping whatever stand user it cranks out can fuck up the Duwang Gang's shit.

God damn part 7 is just a fucking work of art, how did Araki do that for the 7 or whatever years he spent on it
So the Arrow chose to shoot a rat, a falcon, a Boston Terrier and a British Blue? I have that feeling that Araki didn't think "Oh yeah the arrow chooses" too far in advance.

It went monthly after a point, right? That probably helped.

So the Arrow chose to shoot a rat, a falcon, a Boston Terrier and a British Blue? I have that feeling that Araki didn't think "Oh yeah the arrow chooses" too far in advance.
He probably didn't since it was introduced in part 4. Some animals, like people, could be born with stands as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom