• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formless

6owHESQ.png

Fuck it. I believe.

UFC's official PR

The UFC organization was notified tonight that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on June 16, 2016.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed.

However, because Jones was scheduled to compete against Daniel Cormier this coming Saturday, July 9 in Las Vegas, there is insufficient time for a full review before the scheduled bout and therefore the fight has been removed from the fight card. As a result, the three-round heavyweight bout between Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt will become the UFC 200 main event.

Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information or UFC statements will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

Ticket refunds available upon request at primary point of purchase.

I like the idea of DC getting a random opponent. In fact, every event should have a blind match where neither opponent has studied tape or trained for a specific fighter.

Call me, Dana, I can save the UFC.

Man, Dana pisses me off all the time but its kind of hard to watch that press conference. Dude is legit utterly devastated

Jones isn't going to get any big time headlining fights from them for a while. This is multiple cards now he has destroyed. Don't get me wrong they will still have him fight, but no main event on a big PPV for a while

Dr.Acula

Banned
Man, Dana pisses me off all the time but its kind of hard to watch that press conference. Dude is legit utterly devastated

Jones isn't going to get any big time headlining fights from them for a while. This is multiple cards now he has destroyed. Don't get me wrong they will still have him fight, but no main event on a big PPV for a while

Next time he fights I'll sign up for my free 7-day fight pass.

Fox318

Think about all the promotion material they made up with shit like the adult swim animted stuff now down the drain.

Cromwell

Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if Dana washes his hands of him completely. He fucked over his second shot and ruined the biggest UFC in history. If he was anyone other than Jones he would have been done after the first fuck up, but now twice? I don't know man.

I want to see DC vs. JJ 2 as badly as anyone but I don't know how he comes back from this. It's an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Think about all the promotion material they made up with shit like the adult swim animted stuff now down the drain.

Its unreal

No exaggerating Jones has cost the company and fighters millions and millions of dollars over this.

What a waste of talent. The guy is an unbelievable head case

lol fuck Dana. You reap what you sow. Short of Roger Goodell no sports figurehead deserves misfortune more than Dana Frederick White Jr.

Heel

Dana is only utterly devastated about his loss of income.

No main event? UFC pumped up Jon's return after a hit-and-run on a pregnant woman. Don't put anything past these carnies.

Fox318

Its unreal

No exaggerating Jones has cost the company and fighters millions and millions of dollars over this.

What a waste of talent. The guy is an unbelievable head case
Could be billions if the UFC sale is devalued.

Lorenzo may have just lost his NFL expansion team.

I mean Jones or at the very least DC beating Jones would have been important to label as the next big star.

He lost millions of dollars and a chance to get revenge over this. Sure he was the underdog but DC is such a competitor you know he wanted to try. Not to mention the massive paycheck. We are talking life changing money he would have made for main event of UFC 200.

Unbelievable I'm still in shock

The card still is looking great but Jones pretty much destroyed the bigger appeal and business. I wonder if UFC had not planned Lesnar/Hunt what would've gone down then. Feeling really awful for Cormier though, especially considering the timing of all this.

Dana is only utterly devastated about his loss of income.

No main event? UFC pumped up Jon's return after a hit-and-run on a pregnant woman. Don't put anything past these carnies.

Seriously. I can only laugh at all these "Jones is finished!" posts, as if the UFC has ever had integrity before when it comes to this stuff.

Cromwell

Banned
He lost millions of dollars and a chance to get revenge over this. Sure he was the underdog but DC is such a competitor you know he wanted to try. Not to mention the massive paycheck. We are talking life changing money he would have made for main event of UFC 200.

Unbelievable I'm still in shock

So DC doesn't get anything? After all the press he did? That seems fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom