• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

Where did anyone post Zoe Quinn's home address?
Or Anita's?
For Anita (NSFW)

It's some vile shit.

Edit:
Hear hear!

Can a mod please please just split this thread right at the post where I brought it up a few pages back? This thread needs to be about JonTron's videos. Not this silly debate.
You'll probably have better luck PMing a mod directly, since they may not see this. Anyone but Stumpkapow, who iirc is away and won't be able to respond.

Lol, this whole "choose a side" mentality is very stupid.

I watch Jon Tron videos because i find them funny, you coming here just to say how unfunny you find them (although perfectly fine, because it's a discussion forum, not a circlejerk) is not really going to impact my opinion of them, unless you had something very substantial that makes me think about them in a deeper manner (which nobody here is doing, so far).

Then Jon Tron says something, completely unrelated to his video work, on Twitter, to another person who says something not very related to his game design work on twitter.
At the very best you can decide not to support these people with money, and i'd understand, but choosing side and an opinion on an unrelated matter, because you like their (unrelated) work, is absurd.

Personally i like JonTron's videos, and i don't care what opinion on the world he holds outside of them, because i'm not his buddy, i don't know the guy, and as long as those opinions don't impact my enjoyment of his videos, i don't feel like i have to choose a side, or read how he said "faggots" in another video i didn't watch and so on.

That's pretty much my take on it. I find I enjoy life a LOT more when I don't follow these people on Twitter or know every detail about their personalities. So long as I'm entertained, I'm happy.

There are probably a lot of people that create entertaining videos but say completely vile shit or have pretty absurd viewpoints on certain issues.... they just don't say it on Twitter. So I'd never know. The same probably goes with actors\actresses. They have to be even MORE careful about what they say in public (let alone Twitter), so there's probably even more we don't know about them. And I'm fine with that.

Can a mod please please just split this thread right at the post where I brought it up a few pages back? This thread needs to be about JonTron's videos. Not this silly debate.

I'd love if that sorta thing actually happened here. But any time a Matt Lees video is posted, guaranteed people will talk about how they don't like his hair. Or if a Totalbiscuit video is posted, people will bring up what he's said on twitter.

RageBot

Banned
For Anita (NSFW)

It's some vile shit.

While I completely agree that what this person did was abhorrent, and I hope he gets sent to jail, maybe I haven't phrased myself properly.
What I meant to ask was - Where have this knowledge gone public, where was it posted publicly?
Since as far as I know, getting and knowin someon's private info isn't doxxing, doxxing is putting this information on public forums for other people to use.

While I completely agree that what this person did was abhorrent, and I hope he gets sent to jail, maybe I haven't phrased myself properly.
What I meant to ask was - Where have this knowledge gone public, where was it posted publicly?
Since as far as I know, getting and knowin someon's private info isn't doxxing, doxxing is putting this information on public forums for other people to use.

Last post on this here, I promise (also FWIW I enjoy JonTron's standalone videos)--

You said a public figure can't be doxxed, which is absurd. Maybe you just phrased it weird. I have no idea whether Quinn or Sarkeesian have actually been doxxed, but Phil Fish was last week for reasons apparently related to the Quinn nonsense. His site was hacked with a link to a pastebin containing his personal information and bank accounts, as well as Polytron's.

Speaking of enjoying his videos outside of his views, I feel like I'd be able to hang around with Jon because from what I see of his sense of humor and personality in those situations he's not putting on a character, he seems like he'd belong in my group of friends. Opinionated, sarcastic, confrontational at points, and cynical.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Speaking of enjoying his videos outside of his views, I feel like I'd be able to hang around with Jon because from what I see of his sense of humor and personality in those situations he's not putting on a character, he seems like he'd belong in my group of friends. Opinionated, sarcastic, confrontational at points, and cynical.

I totally have friends who I have disagreements with all the time. Our society would be much better off if we all didn't associate people's worth and goodness based on how often we agree with them.

I totally have friends who I have disagreements with all the time. Our society would be much better off if we all didn't associate people's worth and goodness based on how often we agree with them.

I have friends ranging from hyper conservative to hyper democrat. Maybe it's something with geeks and nerds where discussion isn't going to break up friendships. But usually we don't discuss politics and iffy topics. Last time we discussed gay marriage with my friends' folks it was extremely awkward since they're so old school conservative haha.

Village

What a hypersensitive, overblown load of rubbish.

The guy acted like a normal guy. He's done nothing wrong. People got offended by what he's said or what he's done? Good for them. But not his problem.

Keep on trucking, JonTron.

When you are using the term over or hyper senstive

It tends to mean, stop having feelings. Which will never happen. And its a quick way to get people to dismiss your argument.

Also Jon didn't act like a "normal" guy, because there "normal" dudes in this thread calling him out on how he acted.

RageBot

Banned
Last post on this here, I promise (also FWIW I enjoy JonTron's standalone videos)--

You said a public figure can't be doxxed, which is absurd. Maybe you just phrased it weird. I have no idea whether Quinn or Sarkeesian have actually been doxxed, but Phil Fish was last week for reasons apparently related to the Quinn nonsense. His site was hacked with a link to a pastebin containing his personal information and bank accounts, as well as Polytron's.

Well, after a bit of reading I agree, your definition seems to be the correct one.

And it does seem like someone found Anita's home address, yet afaik he didn't try to make it public.

About Zoe Quinn - the only doxxed thing about her that I know of was her name, the "dox" that was reported by her (the one in which her tumblr was "hacked") was proved to be false, with all of the phone numbers going to some random bike stores throught the US.

At the same time that Phil's site was hacked, another site, an indiegogo for a woman only developed game was also hacked (a lot of people on 4chan backed that indiegogo, so many "SJWs" consider the project "on the other side" of the conflict).
That made me think it was just some third group that wanted to mess with both "sides".

The indiegogo now:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-fine-young-capitalists--2
When it was hacked:
http://i1.minus.com/jbef806NGhogwY.png

About Zoe Quinn - the only doxxed thing about her that I know of was her name, the "dox" that was reported by her (the one in which her tumblr was "hacked") was proved to be false, with all of the phone numbers going to some random bike stores throught the US.

There hasn't been anything to prove it was false as far as I've seen. Getting the numbers wrong could simply mean it was faked by someone else to scare her, or the information gathered was incorrect.
Don't just jump to ZOMG CONSPIRACY!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, when did he change the thumbnail for the Japanese Shmups episode? Could've sworn it was different previously.

Majine

Banned
10446218_10152784369992044_1305542664234782793_o.jpg

NotLiquid

Watching the new episode now.

Also has anyone pointed out that Tim and Jon settled their indifferences a while back ago and apologized?

Watching the new episode now.

Also has anyone pointed out that Tim and Jon settled their indifferences a while back ago and apologized?

Probably more on Jon's part if it's from what I recall, but glad they did so.

Now if only I could find out if Aryn and Jon aren't friends anymore or not. Seems like they were best friends doing Grumps and then never spoke to each other again

Cess007

I've just started watching his videos since a few days ago; which one would you recommend as the best to watch? I loved the Star Fox Adventure and the Banjo: Nuts and Bolts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nice to see more of that Wally Bear game considering the AVGN review barely touched upon the first few levels.

I've just started watching his videos since a few days ago; which one would you recommend as the best to watch? I loved the Star Fox Adventure and the Banjo: Nuts and Bolts.
Goosebumps episodes are one of my favorite episodes, especially the
FBI joke
moment. I also thought California Games had its moments. Really, any of the main reviews after the Starfox Adventures episode.

GWX

It's not a review, but the FFXIII short is phenomenal.

Also, amazing episode. I laughed my ass off, as always.

Cess007

Sonic R
Bootleg Pokemon Games
Japanese Shmups

Nice to see more of that Wally Bear game considering the AVGN review barely touched upon the first few levels.

Goosebumps episodes are one of my favorite episodes, especially the
FBI joke
moment. I also thought California Games had its moments. Really, any of the main reviews after the Starfox Adventures episode.

The Monster Party one is pretty much a classic to me.

It's not a review, but the FFXIII short is phenomenal.

Also, amazing episode. I laughed my ass off, as always.

Thank you guys. As soon as i get home, i'm gonna check them :)

ElTopo

Banned
It was all right. He did a better job covering Wally than the Nerd but I wished he played a few more anti-drug games. Specifically Raid 2020. I had that game as a kid, and it was such a massive piece of shit (worst game I ever got I think) and the Nerd teased reviewing it years ago but has yet to deliver.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Why am I working right now? Is he planning on playing through completely or just a speed run? And Kirkhope is coming??? What? Will this be available to watch tomorrow?

Ever since the Grumps gave up on the game, I've wanted Jon to play it again.

NotLiquid

Why am I working right now? Is he planning on playing through completely or just a speed run? And Kirkhope is coming??? What? Will this be available to watch tomorrow?

Ever since the Grumps gave up on the game, I've wanted Jon to play it again.

Grant is on Skype as a guest. Seems like they're going to do the entire run.

Top Bottom