• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

dmcAxle

Neo Member
This could be so much better if they created a second stream just for Grant on another livestream site like Hitbox.tv (in addition to keeping the twitch for the 20k people). This stream wouldn't have the forced 1 minute delay of Twitch but instead have ~5 seconds delay and Grant could actually commentate on what is happening on the stream outside of only guessing though the audio. Setup would just be running another copy of the program they are using to stream to Twitch and setting up an account on the other site.

No way to contact anyone though and chat isn't read so this sadly won't happen.

ElTopo

Banned
Since Jon's last couple of reviews have been themed, what theme/series would you want to see him review next?

I'd like to see him review Fighting Games next. The amount of shit-tier Street Fighter 2 ripoffs out there is staggering.

It also gives him a chance to talk about Strip Fighter.

Since Jon's last couple of reviews have been themed, what theme/series would you want to see him review next?

I'd like to see him review Fighting Games next. The amount of shit-tier Street Fighter 2 ripoffs out there is staggering.

I'd like to see his thoughts on the Toys to life games. In one of the old Grumps videos, I spotted a few Skylanders on one of their entertainment centers. It'd be neat for him to talk about Skylanders, Infinity and then maybe some amiibo stuff.

Choomp

Banned

More Kinect games. There's probably a fair amount of comically bad Kinect stuff. Someone get the guy that Hulk Hogan game.

Syril

Or maybe doujin fighting games. I'm really just looking for an excuse for him to review Arm Joe.

Choomp

Banned
No fucking joke, Jon needs to do an album. His singing voice is distinct and has a lot of charisma to it. I mean music is subjective and all, but the guy that replaced him in Game Grumps who actually has a band is eh.

I so want that. Guy can sing, whether he's trying to be funny or not.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So he's going to do a full cover of that? Oh god, I don't know how I lived without it before. I don't know how I'll be able to live until it comes out.

JonTron. Release it now.

Hatchtag

Banned

Something spooky/Halloween themed. Maybe like a creepypasta games theme or a Metroid theme.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i just started watching this channel. he's like a less cringe-worthy angry video game nerd, but funny and experimental with the videos at the same time. i honestly don't even know who he is or why he is so popular.

i'm sure someone has mentioned it, but he sounds a lot like Nathan Lane, its arguably the hook that got me to keep watching.

i just started watching this channel. he's like a less cringe-worthy angry video game nerd, but funny and experimental with the videos at the same time. i honestly don't even know who he is or why he is so popular.

i'm sure someone has mentioned it, but he sounds a lot like Nathan Lane, its arguably the hook that got me to keep watching.

he's been popular because people enjoy his persona and his reviews. He became REALLY popular with Game Grumps, where he became a bit more youtube video game geek mainstream since he played games with Egoraptor.

I love Jon so much, I honestly think he's my favorite gaming personality. It's inspiring to watch shows like Jontron or AVGN and think about learning how to produce your own show.

As a side note; does anyone else think that Jontron's quality has only increased exponentially since leaving Game Grumps? I love the older episodes, but the newer Jontron's just seem to have extra polish to them.

I love Jon so much, I honestly think he's my favorite gaming personality. It's inspiring to watch shows like Jontron or AVGN and think about learning how to produce your own show.

As a side note; does anyone else think that Jontron's quality has only increased exponentially since leaving Game Grumps? I love the older episodes, but the newer Jontron's just seem to have extra polish to them.

I think that's because he gets help writing/filming from Paul Richie from Continue Show.

Neiteio

I love Jontron because he's funny but not mean-spirited, something that seems difficult for many comedians. He's the comfort food of YouTube personalities.

Choomp

Banned
he's been popular because people enjoy his persona and his reviews. He became REALLY popular with Game Grumps, where he became a bit more youtube video game geek mainstream since he played games with Egoraptor.

I feel like he became the most popular when he left Game Grumps and starting making videos consistently. I liked Game Grumps when he was on, but I like JonTronShow more, and he really only got like, 2 or 3 videos out while he was on Grumps.

I feel like he became the most popular when he left Game Grumps and starting making videos consistently. I liked Game Grumps when he was on, but I like JonTronShow more, and he really only got like, 2 or 3 videos out while he was on Grumps.

I'm not arguing what's his best work. I'm saying that while he was on Game Grumps subscriptions to his channel rose and his name became more well known, then he left and people respected him for it which made him a bit more popular, and now he is more consistent with his game schedule.

Choomp

Banned
I'm not arguing what's his best work. I'm saying that while he was on Game Grumps subscriptions to his channel rose and his name became more well known, then he left and people respected him for it which made him a bit more popular, and now he is more consistent with his game schedule.

Yeah, I agree. I think the quality of his work's always been consistent also, while my favorite review is still probably his Nightshade video, the videos he made before that and continue to make are still really funny. His comedic timing is really brilliant, I think.

Hey guys, uh, little unusual request here, anyone know what video Jon did some sort of slow clap in? Don't really know how else to describe it, I just want a gif of it really bad.

-Horizon-

I've heard of him for a while now but have only watched his videos like a month ago. Good stuff. The bootleg pokemon one still cracks me up.

ElTopo

Banned
They're completely different.
AYAOTD is so much better.

WAY better. There were even a couple of damn good episodes.

The Tale of The Quicksilver was pretty good but the makeup on the demon that they had was simple but extremely effective.

277760.jpg

The Midnight Madness episode had great oldschool Nosferatu makeup.

MidnightMadness.jpeg

A couple of episodes even had some blood.

Choomp

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if he did some sort of Goosebumps or AYAOTD thing for his next video, those were great.

WAY better. There were even a couple of damn good episodes.

The Tale of The Quicksilver was pretty good but the makeup on the demon that they had was simple but extremely effective.

277760.jpg

The Midnight Madness episode had great oldschool Nosferatu makeup.

MidnightMadness.jpeg

A couple of episodes even had some blood.

Dead Man's Float was creepy:

14225.png

And being a guy that was raised on Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Monsters and Tales from the Darkside, both AYAOTD and Goosebumps were tame, but I think AYAOTD was a bit more disturbing.

ElTopo

Banned
Dead Man's Float was creepy:

14225.png

And being a guy that was raised on Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Monsters and Tales from the Darkside, both AYAOTD and Goosebumps were tame, but I think AYAOTD was a bit more disturbing.

That episode even had a death I think. The clown episode was perfect. We never actually see this clown (possesed by a dead bank robber I think) move around but we see him try to get to this kid who took his nose. Will definitely freak out dudes who are afraid of clowns.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was 1/2 expecting JonTron to appear in the NC review of Food Fight considering he made a joke that started with "this is what happened to the last guy who reviewed the movie". Glad to see he finally made reference to it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wow. JonTron and Nostalgia Critic (NormalBoots and TGWTG) are two universes I never would have expected to collide in a million years. That would be like if GameGrumps acknowledged the existence of RedLetterMe---oh wait.

ElTopo

Banned
A few Jontron videos (I know the Aquaman one) was featured on TGWTG. This is just before Jon blew up on YT and he got a million views per video.

Top Bottom