• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

NotLiquid

The Valiant Hearts and CS:GO episode was better but Jon's unscripted videos have always been rather hit-or-miss. The CS:GO episode in particular is still really funny. That said I don't think he puts too much effort into these.

Find it a bit odd how people complain about the video being sponsored. It's clear he likes the material he's working with regardless.

Yeah honestly this video isn't funny and incoherent. It's reminded me of something PewDiePie would do. Plus the fact that he didn't make it clear that the video was sponsored right off the bat pisses me off. Sorry JonTron but it's not your best work.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hah, that Lawn Purge game was one that was featured on another bootleg/crappy multi-game pack, which was reviewed by Projared. I think there might've been another one or two featured in there.

Refyref

Hah, that Lawn Purge game was one that was featured on another bootleg/crappy multi-game pack, which was reviewed by Projared. I think there might've been another one or two featured in there.

Jared went into more detail about the game. Like how you're not supposed to go over anything other than grass, and if you don't do it pretty much perfectly, you lose.

A JonTron's Winter Tale by psychicpebbles under JonTron's channel. I liked it, didn't laugh out loud, but I like Chris, Zach, and all of the NG animator gang.

Also unrelated somewhat but I recently read some of those anonymous posts revealing more of the supposed truth that went down between Arin and Jon that lead to Jon leaving GG and holy shit, even if not entirely true there's a common theme that has me disliking Arin/Egoraptor if any of it is true.

Spill the beans dog. You can't post something like that and not expect people to ask what you read!

There's no confirmation whatsoever but there's stuff like this:
http://i.imgur.com/ItHSI9V.png (NSFW 4chan-like language)

Which is like 3-4 months old but I don't recall somebody here mentioning it before? Basically somebody claiming to be close to Arin, Jon and all of the NG animators stating some supposed truth. Some people assumed it was Ricepirate and Ricepirate doesn't show up until the very end, way after Anon was gone because he had to get back to work in animating, with his official reddit/whatever this is account and claim it isn't him.

Obviously this is all conspiracy stuff, as seen in subreddits like ConspiracyGrumps, but some of the info coincides with other information people have supposedly gotten out of Jon, other friends of this group of let's player/animator group. Things such as:

- Arin being kind of a dick and having a massive ego [raptor]. He didn't see Jon as a friend but as a sidekick, and when Steam Train was starting he basically forced it upon Jon. Jon seemed to have been trying to be cool with it but eventually got fed up, but at the end of the day he was moving to NY to be with GF anyways.

- Other small stuff like how Jon is still friends with Danny and that they're both usually regarded as the nicer people when compared to Arin.

- Jon/his girlfriend used to frequent conspiracygrumps, and have given praise to the people pin pointing 'the incident' as being around one of the E3's.

Obviously take these with a truckload of salt as it's all conspiracy, but considering that Jon is usually the one willing to talk about GG and Arin has all but banned the mention of Jon's name in the show/group of people, I am willing to lean towards there being some measure of truth to all of this

JoeFu

Banned
Haha. I googled jon leaving gamegrumps and there's a whole google doc and it contained that picture. Anyways always love hearing anything about what went down.

Anyways I've always liked Jon more. I don't really follow anything GG/egoraptor anymore, but have fully jumped into all of the normal boots gang. Love all their stuff.

Wish there was a thread for PBG. Really enjoy his videos and the continue guys don't get enough love either.

It worked for the best honesty imo. More Jontron and GG is dead to me. I'll just keep rewatching GoofTroop.

Agreed that it worked for the best. JonTron is in New York happy with a girlfriend that the group of friends seems to really like (unlike Arin's wife/fiancee who nobody seems to like), he got a bunch of more subscribers from the popularity of GG, is making some of his best content since the return and isn't burning bridges with people unlike what Arin most likely is doing with Game Grumps.

I guess the downside of this whole deal, outside of JonTron arguably making GG more entertaining, is that he was burned by somebody he liked and looked up to so much which cannot be a nice feeling.

Regardless, the hole that GG left in my heart has been filled up by podcasts such a SleepyCabin and The Biggest Problems in the Universe.

The part about Arin just seeing Jon as a partner for the show and not a friend seems to bizarre. That they're no longer friends also seem so bizarre. These two guys were so incredible close; the bromance they had going was on the same level as the fictional characters J.D. and Turk from Scrubs. They have loads of history and there's footage of them hanging out on each others birthdays and whatnot. Weird how there was seemingly a fallout and just like that they're no longer friends.

TimmiT

There's no confirmation whatsoever but there's stuff like this:
http://i.imgur.com/ItHSI9V.png (NSFW 4chan-like language)

Which is like 3-4 months old but I don't recall somebody here mentioning it before? Basically somebody claiming to be close to Arin, Jon and all of the NG animators stating some supposed truth. Some people assumed it was Ricepirate and Ricepirate doesn't show up until the very end, way after Anon was gone because he had to get back to work in animating, with his official reddit/whatever this is account and claim it isn't him.

Obviously this is all conspiracy stuff, as seen in subreddits like ConspiracyGrumps, but some of the info coincides with other information people have supposedly gotten out of Jon, other friends of this group of let's player/animator group. Things such as:

- Arin being kind of a dick and having a massive ego [raptor]. He didn't see Jon as a friend but as a sidekick, and when Steam Train was starting he basically forced it upon Jon. Jon seemed to have been trying to be cool with it but eventually got fed up, but at the end of the day he was moving to NY to be with GF anyways.

- Other small stuff like how Jon is still friends with Danny and that they're both usually regarded as the nicer people when compared to Arin.

- Jon/his girlfriend used to frequent conspiracygrumps, and have given praise to the people pin pointing 'the incident' as being around one of the E3's.

Obviously take these with a truckload of salt as it's all conspiracy, but considering that Jon is usually the one willing to talk about GG and Arin has all but banned the mention of Jon's name in the show/group of people, I am willing to lean towards there being some measure of truth to all of this

Fake rumor spouting people take inspiration from other fake rumor spouting people. Really all of this is just gospel, I wouldn't take any of it seriously. Even the stuff you listed there, of which only maybe the last thing you listed being something that can be backed up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, there's a mode where the animals just...."dance" (if you can even call it that) to the music in the game in a disco with Noah. I saw a review made by Caddicarus & Brutalmoose, so I can't wait to see Jon's take on this.

D-Man

Oh god this new episode had me in hysterics. Everything about that game was just so bizarre that I can't even begin to comprehend it. Fantastic episode, IMO.

Choomp

Banned
Wow. What the hell is The Zoo Race!? How could someone possibly make a game like that. I can't. The JonTron was pretty funny though.

Maximo

Everytime I think he has found the worst game in existence to lose sanity over, he surprises me with..Zoo Race, great episode as always Jontron always gets a good laugh out of me.

Choomp

Banned
I'm still fucking befuddled with The Zoo Race. So, it's like a Christian game about racing animals to Noah's Arc... I guess? What even. Also, flawless transition from the beginning cutscene to the game part of the game. I'm glad they took that route. I mean, that video was hilarious the whole way through. This was a damn good year for JonTron

What's amazing is that the fundamentalist Christians that make these types of games are bent on shoving scripture down the players throat instead of making a great product.

Also, Jon is amazing for reviewing this game.

Agreed that it worked for the best. JonTron is in New York happy with a girlfriend that the group of friends seems to really like (unlike Arin's wife/fiancee who nobody seems to like), he got a bunch of more subscribers from the popularity of GG, is making some of his best content since the return and isn't burning bridges with people unlike what Arin most likely is doing with Game Grumps.

I guess the downside of this whole deal, outside of JonTron arguably making GG more entertaining, is that he was burned by somebody he liked and looked up to so much which cannot be a nice feeling.

Regardless, the hole that GG left in my heart has been filled up by podcasts such a SleepyCabin and The Biggest Problems in the Universe.

A little bit late to this because im a huge fan of jon, but didn't know this thread existed before, but if anything of this is remotely true I can say this could have hurt him the most. Happened something like this to me this year at the beggining of it and had the most terrible time of my life. I've been standing up of it little by little and have finally found other people I can call now friends were I can continue to make the things I like but it still a really hard blow because I lost some of my ideas dreams, and what I thought were my best friends in the process, and it still hurts a little. I could understand Jon not talking about it in public because I have the same problem.
Of course maybe nothing of this is true and are all conspiracies, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Choomp

Banned
What's amazing is that the fundamentalist Christians that make these types of games are bent on shoving scripture down the players throat instead of making a great product.

Also, Jon is amazing for reviewing this game.

This is true, but the people who made this game weren't even close to being capable of making a great product it appears.

We're talking about Game Grumps now? Hm. It's probably my favorite Let's Play ever. It felt pretty close to real, as if that's how they'd play games with each other even if not being recorded.(Jon said this at one point, I really hope he was being truthful) Episodes ranged from just normal talk of games, life, anything, and then you had your chaotic, hilarious videos. (those usually came from Sonic '06, best series imo)

I understand this is the best situation for Jon, but I feel they really had something special for a while, and nothing's filled the GG void for me quite yet.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
And the shitstorm is exactly why they edited it. If one of them ever said a single thing about Jon even in passing people would go crazy for no goddamn reason at all. They already go crazy when he avoids mentioning Jon.

Let it go.

ElTopo

Banned
The post you linked to says nothing interesting or relevant, but I scrolled to the top and wow at all that drama. It's kind of funny but also bizarre how people still put so much effort into this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ConspiracyGrumps/comments/2s4f9z/censored_miiverse_post_for_real/

http://www.reddit.com/r/ConspiracyG...miiverse_censorship_additional_followup_read/

They got caught editing out a harmless post asking why they don't acknowledge Jon. It's 100% confirmed that the MiiVerse post was edited out.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So anyway, I'm finally watching the MAGFest panel. So good.

The guy from Doylestown in Bucks County PA. Awesome. I'm in Doylestown right now. It's so weird that JonTron was once very close to where I am right now.

Also, Apples and Breaks was reuploaded by a "friend" who had it burned to a DVD years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXPBSV0XC_8

So unless Jon really wants it taken down, there it is. It's not even anything special and I remember seeing it when it came out, but really, ech. Jon said "congratulations, you have your shitty video back."

BROKE THE SCREEEEEEN!!!

Also, it's funny that two separate people asked the same question at both Jon and Grumps panels. What would their fighting game finishing move be. (The Grumps were asked about Smash Final Moves.)

^ The video is kind of whatever, but what's up with the comment section? Has this video been talked about a lot or something? Sounds like people were hyped and had been waiting for years for this. What?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
^ The video is kind of whatever, but what's up with the comment section? Has this video been talked about a lot or something? Sounds like people were hyped and had been waiting for years for this. What?
Yeah. For some reason people really wanted this thing unlocked. People brought it up ALL THE TIME with him and he kept saying no. It's humorous but it's not even anything huge. He removed it because it didn't fit with the rest of the channel, but for some reason people who saw it originally really wanted it and the ones who never got to see it thought they were missing something big. Pretty sure it was even mentioned at last years MAGFest and on his Banjo Kazooie stream.

Now it's up. Fine. Hope people are happy.

It's just fans being really silly. Like the whole controversy about the breakup. (Which is hopefully finally over with now that they've made up.) They'll find something to obsess about and won't settle until something happens.

Top Bottom