• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

Zomba13

Ōkami;180222178 said:

IoJhIim.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Remember how everyone kept saying Jon was a shit singer during his Game Grumps days

Yeah they're crazy cause this shit is legit good

?

Except almost no one said that? He has taken legitimate courses in this. We've heard him sing before and he's not a bad singer. I don't know who you were talking to, but everyone was always saying he was good.

Moaradin

I remember people saying they didn't like him singing on Game Grumps, but I haven't heard anyone call him bad. Dude obviously has the talent for it.

Jon's singing voice in this song is pretty good, and his ability to come up with melodies on the spot is often on-point too. It's a well-done JerryTerry remix too by the way, but that's not the point here. https://youtu.be/xS7cCYsgNUA?t=41s

Also, the opera song he sang recently on his main channel really showed what he can do.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Damn, that's better than Katy Perry's original version.

Let's not get crazy. Jon's good, but he's not that good. He's obviously not comfortable in the higher notes. I'm not exactly trained on this stuff but I can tell he loses his vibrato up there and he's straining.

NotLiquid

Wonder if Jon is going to do the Rogue Squadron games. He's said he's a fan of those in the past but they went strangely absent in the last episode which was even dedicated entirely for Nintendo's Star Wars games. Maybe he'll tackle the entire series in bulk based on their chronological order.

I thought covers were fine? If not all of those ukulele variations would be screwed.

If the situation is the same now as a year ago, it is really situational depending on who owns the song and the contract that the youtuber has. In general, for covers you must be a royalty fee (while parodies on songs are different). In either case, Jon doesn't really want to upload stuff like that to his channel. He's even really hesitant on making update videos. He'd also have to do a music video of sorts and knowing Jon he probably wouldn't want to put time on that.

If the situation is the same now as a year ago, it is really situational depending on who owns the song and the contract that the youtuber has. In general, for covers you must be a royalty fee (while parodies on songs are different). In either case, Jon doesn't really want to upload stuff like that to his channel. He's even really hesitant on making update videos. He'd also have to do a music video of sorts and knowing Jon he probably wouldn't want to put time on that.

honestly I didn't even check if there's a 'buy the song' option. Because I will.

Evilisk

Finally. Feels like aages since the last one

Anyways, I remember that Pod Racing game. And I almost thought he wouldn't mention Super Bombad Racing, I actually remember liking it (at the time, I was pretty young though)

Blues1990

The Starcade series had started pretty rough, but the last few episodes were solid. Seeing Jon dressed in a clown costume was fantastic, & the nonsensical ending in the most recent episode was equal parts funny & disturbing.

I wonder if he will cover Star Wars: Republic Commando, being that game is my favourite Star Wars-licensed video game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Soooooooooooo think we'll still get a Halloween episode this year? Those are some of the best things to come out of JonTron since he returned.

For those curious as to who voiced Yoda and indies wife, that's psychicpebbles. Youtube Animator, friend of oneyng (and Jon), and part of sleepy cabin.

I'd recognize his angelic voice anywhere

Neiteio

Starcade is OK, and has been better lately, but I'm feeling nostalgic for real-world Jontron. The good ol' apartment. Or wherever he lives these days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aw yeah, maybe he'll do another 2 parter on a classic horror kids show.

.......uuuhhh, what's left, Tales from the Cryptkeeper?

Top Bottom