• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

AniHawk

Aw yeah, maybe he'll do another 2 parter on a classic horror kids show.

.......uuuhhh, what's left, Tales from the Cryptkeeper?

i wouldn't mind if he did more goosebumps and are you afraid of the dark. tales from the crpytkeepr does sound like a logical choice in that it's literally tales from the crypt for kids.

ElTopo

Banned
Aw yeah, maybe he'll do another 2 parter on a classic horror kids show.

.......uuuhhh, what's left, Tales from the Cryptkeeper?

That would be a good pick. I LOVED Tales From the Crypt when I was a kid but the cartoon sucked and even 9-10 year old me knew that.

Harmen

Jon would be an amazing vocalist if he dedicated to it. Yes, he is legit good already, he has a very nice and recognizable voice. But I also think there is still a lot of untapped potential in his talent. Needless to say, I am impressed by that cover.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I heard about this movie, & yup, rapping dog on the Titanic.

It's not really "Halloween"-y, but hey, another movie review is nice.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I seriously hope he reviews the other two Italian animated movies based on the Titanic. Especially Tentacolino (which would settle the score with the Nostalgia Critic :p).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh man, I remember the Nostalgia Critic's review of this.
Good to see Jon reacted in a very similar way. Especially to the Rapping Dog.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I remember the Nostalgia Critic's review of this.
Good to see Jon reacted in a very similar way. Especially to the Rapping Dog.
His delivery on the "WHAT THE FUCCKKINNNGGG FUUUUCCCKKK" was probably one of my favorite moments of the review.

Man, can you imagine an animated movie featuring anthropomorphic animal characters and their hijinks about something like 9/11 or Malaysia Airlines 370.

Cuz that's pretty much what that movie amounts to.

Where was Jon filming the majority of the video (with living room)? Looked like a set. Either that or he's at a new apartment.
No it was clearly a set, YT / maker etc has some sets all over NY area, also where epic rap battles has shot some videos etc.
Think the talking dolphins were in the other Titanic movie that he mentions at the end.
HA! thanks for that mixed them up then.

No it was clearly a set, YT / maker etc has some sets all over NY area, also where epic rap battles has shot some videos etc.

Yeah. It looked a bit too dark imo, and personally I think it looks better when he films in his apartment, but I can definitely see the advantages of using a stage, and of course also the advantages of separating home and work.

He was on the sleepycabin podcast. Sleepycabin is a bunch of newgrounds animators and artists that live and work together on stuff and they have a podcast called sleepycast.
https://youtu.be/BwbfGmceT4s
On this podcast it is jontron, Oney(Chris), physicpebbles(Zach), rice pirate(Mick), spazkid(Cory) and Niall.

He was on the sleepycabin podcast. Sleepycabin is a bunch of newgrounds animators and artists that live and work together on stuff and they have a podcast called sleepycast.
https://youtu.be/BwbfGmceT4s
On this podcast it is jontron, Oney(Chris), physicpebbles(Zach), rice pirate(Mick), spazkid(Cory) and Niall.

wait the new season started already? They had season finale a few months ago I thought they were done until at least next year.

What do they talk about?

Sleepycast? They talk about whatever topic comes to mind. It's basically friends who are all involved with newgrounds/animation culture sitting down and just talking and shit. They are EXTREMELY crude but hilarious in their own way.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Sleepycast? They talk about whatever topic comes to mind. It's basically friends who are all involved with newgrounds/animation culture sitting down and just talking and shit. They are EXTREMELY crude but hilarious in their own way.
Well I meant what did Jon talk about with them? Is it all Jon or is he just part of it?

Well I meant what did Jon talk about with them? Is it all Jon or is he just part of it?

haven't listened to the episode but apparently he's pretty chill. Usually when they have a guest the episode is LARGELY about them and cool stories they have, alongside any questions they have as creators from them (or questions from their patreon backers).

So you can probably expect it to be jon based. And my friend listened to it and said it's ok but it's not caaaaaarazy jontron persona, it's the more chilled jon we see glimpses of in his streams and in his update videos.

Neiteio

The new Titanic was great, but two things:

1) I hope he'll turn on some lights in the new apartment. Way too dark.

2) Where's his bird?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg I remember that Cap'n Crunch game. I could never remember the name of it all these years. I do remember if you put it in a CD player & went to track 2 or something, it would actually have an audio story.

Samemind

Man the budget for his recent videos is nuts compared to his classic stuff. Some of these bits are surreal. Like how many youtubers get to have an actual goddamn pony for one of their jokes?

Top Bottom