• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

MrBadger

We've gotten much more in the past year than we got for the whole year before it. Though before GG, he was doing weekly videos. Hopefully he can get back close to that eventually. Even bi-weekly.

Doug Walker did weekly videos and it ended up burning out his passion for Nostalgia Critic, enough for him to cancel the show. For a couple of weeks.

We've gotten much more in the past year than we got for the whole year before it. Though before GG, he was doing weekly videos. Hopefully he can get back close to that eventually. Even bi-weekly.

Nah, not going to happen. His standard is way higher now and I don't think he can handle time schedules or time pressure.

Seik

Banned
''Ti...ti...t...ti''
''Titenic!?''

Titenic was great.

Some may not like his humor, but man, in my case, it's right up my alley, hahaha!

EDIT: Also I know I'm late but I just saw this... LOL!

I still cant believe....even after watching this amazing video...that a Titanic beat em up game....exists.....holy shit. Thank you JAHN TRAN!

Neiteio

I've watched the Titenic episode like five times since it came out the other day. SO GOOD.

Seriously gives me the warm fuzzies.

I'd love him to do a video about a game he loves, though. :)

Seik

Banned
I hope Fancy Jon comes back in future episodes

Just for you.

cd66a4c97500d2357fb5159440e26e45.gif

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I've watched the Titenic episode like five times since it came out the other day. SO GOOD.

Nuts and Bolts?
Definitely watch the Nuts and Bolts and Stairfax Temperatures episodes. Horrible sequels to games he loves. Two of my favorite episodes.

Back in the day he used to also do real reviews with his "Review?" series where he would talk about a game that was actually pretty good. Like Donkey Kong Country Returns. He doesn't do those anymore though apparently. Shame. Also, his 21st birthday Castlevania GameBoy episode was great. He liked the game as a kid and did a drunk play of it.

MrBadger

There was Dinocity, which I think is the review that first blew up his career. One of my favourites.

Neiteio

Just for you.

cd66a4c97500d2357fb5159440e26e45.gif
"But this ain't most peoples..." *suit-up montage* "This is JonTron." *hacking cough*

Also, I'm not asking for episode recommendations, people, I've already seen everything. XD

When I say I'd like him to cover games he likes, I mean in new episodes, and I mean the entire episode is about a game he likes, not a horrible sequel to a game he once loved. :)

Kart94

Banned
His Titanic video is probably one of his best. Good show

Anyway, quick question *or two since i am curious* What exactly bird Jacque is and does it make a good pet? *Jacque is so cute X3*

Lirlond

Its a budgerigar, they make alright pets, if you get them young you can get them used to the hand and such. Low maintenance too, biggest expense will be a good cage.

so, does jon actually like flush games and stuff? are they just replicas?
like, the famicon thing in the fish tank worried me a bit.

Actually, another question; Is spaghetti the other bird that Jon had and got rid of? Who is this new one? how many birds besides Jacques does he have now?

chadboban

I haven't exactly been having a great day today but thanks to seeing this thread get bumped and a new JonTron vid posted, my day has been seriously brightened :)

Cody_D165

Banned
LOL he's got Panorama Cotton too. Dude's showing off his big YouTube money.

I think the Panorama Cotton is a repro, cart shell isn't MegaDrive.

edit: Actually it looks like most of these are either repros/printed labels on other carts hahaha
even the Keio looks like it might just be a printout slapped in the front of another Sega CD game

JonTron is the only one who can rival AVGN imho. Last episode was brilliant. Where does he find that stuff Jesus. He said it himself, he doesn't even need to come up with jokes.

Neiteio

That flying samurai head game on the Famicon looks AMAZING. It really does look like you're playing as the villain, though.

Cody_D165

Banned
That flying samurai head game on the Famicon looks AMAZING. It really does look like you're playing as the villain, though.

been looking for an NES copy for years... It's pretty rare and expensive though, as are most of the games featured in this video

Samurai Zombie Nation looks amazing, not going to lie.

I haven't seen many episodes of JonTron, but the guy sounds like Nathan Lane.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, there is so much meat he left on that bone, so to speak. I honestly wish the video was a bit longer and he gave more time to each game, but still, good exposure for some really cool games.
Honestly felt like it could have been a 2-parter so some games could have had more exposure like that Keio Flying Squadron one, or mention how some of the games are a series. Oh well, still enjoyed the episode and kind of like episodes where there's multiple games to discuss.

In any case, I wish I could find a way to play KFS & that Panorama Cotton (wasn't there one for the Turbografx-16?). & oh how I wish someone could get Zombie Samurai Nation on the Wii U VC....I know Harmful Park is on the JPN PSN as a PS1 Classic.

Panorama Cotton (wasn't there one for the Turbografx-16?)

There's a whole series of Cotton games, but most of them are horizontal 2D shooters. There was one on PC Engine as well as Super Famicom and NGPC and PS2. The series started as an arcade game.

Top Bottom