• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

red731

tear_of_joy_e.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The
last steps before falling down
me and my partner against the howling snow storm was simply an emotional masterpiece.

That moment got to me big time.

Endo Punk

I'll be getting Journey on Weds store update, but I don't think I will play soon. Prob wait till Fri so I can savour every moment in peace. You know that Friday feelin + Journey will surely be an amazing combination.

Finished it at last.
Due to my family life I had to fragment my first playthrough more than I cared for.
I had more than 10 partners during my travels. Many lost when I had to disconnect. Some lost because they wanted to go fast while I liked to discover.

In the end
I did the last three stages with one companion, struggeling against the wind and the cold, being attacked by the worms and seeing our scarves decimated. We fell together and when we arose we flew frantically into the air. My partner was a bit too frantic and I lost him/her along the way. I waited just before the top for five to six minutes, chirping for him/her to find his way... I then waited another ten minutes chirping at the summit before venturing forth... And it actually made me feel sad, I was sad I lost him/her before the end, I was sad I had to experience it alone...

It's amazing how something so trivial and stupid can bring forth such emotions, you know you can play multiple playthroughs, you know it's just a game but still.

I don't like to bring up the whole games and art discussion (of which I am a bit of games are art defender), but I can't see anyone not calling this art.

Hands down one of the best PS3 games ive ever played. That ending.......oh that ending.

When you burst into life and go soaring up the mountain after the final scene with the White Ones, where all of the colours pop and the music soars, it really is ridiculously amazing
my heart was in my throat for all of that part

When is this game not playstation plus exclusive anymore? (europe)

Tomorrow :D Or.. thursday?? I can't remember

Thee trophies away from 100% but at this point, I don't really care as like flower, I'll probably play this game even when fully completed.

Is there a guide for finding all of the carvings? Also, what's the best route for the 'Adventure' trophy? Thanks.

Finished.

I didnt feel it as much as flower but it was still great.

Such a pretty game.

I wish it had XMB screenshots or some kind of photomode that let me export 1080p screens.

Most of the game is like the pettiest wallpaper my PC never had.

Subsequent playthroughs have had me start to chirp/sing a steady pulse or tempo and allow my companion to scat/solo over it in other patterns. Also I Journey'd all the way through from Broken Bridge to the end with someone on their first playthrough and me as a transcendent' being. Acted as friend,companion, and occasional guide/guardian angel. Got us to meditate for 30 secs at the glyph in the final area that depicts the war machines being used and bringing about the beings' demise. There was something so beautiful about it: the temporary respite from the elements in quiet reflection of the past. We're PSN friends now :)

I love this game so much

Carl

Has anyone else used the chirp in interesting ways?
As I said, my first play through my partner and I sang a little song. He also led me through the first encounter with the wyrm by chirping like a sonar beacon. Another partner and I created a very simple language by rhythmically emulating simple speech patterns.

I used the age old method of "jump and sing like a crazy person"

broke down and purchased Journey today. Wow. The experience went by kind of quick yet left a lasting impression. I will be returning for a second, third and fourth journey soon!

i was using a generalization to imply that severing the connection between PS3 and Journey game servers must be done externally from the game. i didn't literally mean unplugging my router and taking down my network to play Journey.

i'll say it again. i want to stay signed into PSN while i play this game, and i don't want to have random people join my game. it's a simple fix. a check box in the game options. it's equally unreasonable to say that's asking too much. a simple feature request by an end user. albeit in my specific case it's one that causes me more personal grief than others, due to my preference for social features to be kept out of my games. there is no raging going on here, only being antagonized by users on a forum using words like 'autistic' and failing to read, causing me to have to repeat myself.

...just keep walking? There is NO need to even stick with them at all. In fact, it's EASY to ditch a player.

Seriously man, you're outburst is quite childish.

Subsequent playthroughs have had me start to chirp/sing a steady pulse or tempo and allow my companion to scat/solo over it in other patterns. Also I Journey'd all the way through from Broken Bridge to the end with someone on their first playthrough and me as a transcendent' being. Acted as friend,companion, and occasional guide/guardian angel. Got us to meditate for 30 secs at the glyph in the final area that depicts the war machines being used and bringing about the beings' demise. There was something so beautiful about it: the temporary respite from the elements in quite reflection of the past. We're PSN friends now :)

I love this game so much

Your username is the worst I've ever heard.

<3 old Simpsons

Can't wait to get home from work tomorrow.

rCIZZLE

I'm so jealous of everybody on Wednesday who gets to play this for the first time. That moment when I first saw my companion for most of the game trying to fix the broken bridge is one of my favorite moments in video games ever. Makes me wish every game was an amazingly tight, downloadable 2-3 hour excursion rather than the boring and repetitive 15-20 hour long retail games.

Speaking of the soundtrack, this email arrived a few hours ago with a link to a free 6 minute track:

Thank you for signing up for this!! The game comes out tomorrow (March 13th) and I am IMMENSELY excited to see it make its way to people!

As you know I have been preparing a free Journey-themed bundle of music. None of the music in it will ever be commercially released. The reason you've not gotten it yet is that I'm still finishing it! But it will be coming soon, and before the official soundtrack release.

Meantime, as a thank you for all the incredibly wonderful emails I've been getting, I thought I would share with you a free taste of the Journey soundtrack! I am currently working with Sony to secure the release date for the album, but I can't yet announce when they plan to release it. So hopefully this is acceptable in the meantime.

One more time, THANK YOU. Your reactions to the game, or just pre-release excitement for those who've not played it yet, mean more to me than I could ever say.

Cheers!

-Austin Wintory

stolin

How do I disable the Six-Axis camera?

Camera keeps pointing into the ground when I lay back in my chair or the sky if change my Y-Invert. I just want it off so I can play leaning back in my gaming chair.

Any info on this?

Emitan

How do I disable the Six-Axis camera?

Camera keeps pointing into the ground when I lay back in my chair or the sky if change my Y-Invert. I just want it off so I can play leaning back in my gaming chair.

Any info on this?

If you adjust it with the right stick it seems to take the current position of the controller as the new neutral position.

stolin

If you adjust it with the right stick it seems to take the current position of the controller as the new neutral position.

I don't get it. I just want it off. I lean back in my chair and my controller sits with face buttons and sticks face down on my chest.

No matter how I place it it's seems to always be floating around unless it's on the table surface.

OnPoint

Just finished this, user Tastybrains was a great companion.

Part of me wishes I played through alone first, but there were moments made so much better with a partner.

I didnt like it as much as Flower, but it was still a good experience.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
A very odd question, but I'm hoping someone can answer.

I bought a launch PS3 WAAAAY back in the day, and immediately signed either up, or into, my PSN account. I believe I had an account before that on my PSP. Either way, though, I know FOR CERTAIN that I signed in with a very specific username, because it's the same username I had used for years and years prior, and the same username I even use today.

I eventually sold my PS3, and it wasn't for a few years later that I got another one. I went to sign in with my email and password, and with every.single.combination I could think of, it wouldn't sign me in. After days of no success, I made a new account under a dif't username.

Now, this may seem silly; but I've actually hardly ever bought anything from PSN or played online games, because I hate my new username ;p I just want my normal one back. I tried recovering it, but every email and birthdate I try, it says it's not correct.

Is there anything I can do to get my old account back? I want to play Journey; but I just refuse to buy stuff under an account I hate so much, as silly as that is.

Thanks!

Nekobo

I found all 10 glyphs, but I didn't unlock the trophy. So it's probably glitched. :/

Wound erasing my save data and starting over allow me to unlock it? This one of the few games I care enough to 100%.

Zeliard

Thanks for posting. Good interview, and that's despite Greg Miller's best efforts. :p

Jenova Chen's game design philosophy is very attractive to me. Love hearing him talk.

osknoes

I'm having problems to get some PSN credit ( canadian region). Is there anyone that could get me a20$ psn card. I can pay with paypal. I just moved to Europe and it's being hell to get psn credit, but I'd like to keep my canadian account if possible.

satori

So I got this game not knowing about it. I just saw it was from the crew that made Flower so I figure what the hell. I dl it and went off to do something else. Before I headed off for bed I noticed my ps3 on and remembered I bought this game. So I figure meh lets play it for a few min to see how it is. Holy I was blown away by the art and the music. Then I notice people just like me running around exploring. A few min turned into me ending up finishing the game with another person. Wow was the co op done so well in this game! It fit this game so well on how they did it. I know this might sound weird but you feel a bond with that faceless nameless player. Games like these really is a bright spot on the industry.

Anyways I worked for 2 days and had very little sleep. I feel like I am just rambling now. must sleep play moar latar,....

I'm having problems to get some PSN credit ( canadian region). Is there anyone that could get me a20$ psn card. I can pay with paypal. I just moved to Europe and it's being hell to get psn credit, but I'd like to keep my canadian account if possible.

You should just be able to use a Canadian credit card if you haven't closed them down and haven't permanently moved to Europe.

And I'm in the U.S., so I can't help you. :(

ScOULaris

Grace Chen had better get off her lazy ass and update PSN at a reasonable hour today.

Ah, who am I kidding? We know that's never going to happen.

Top Bottom