• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

someone called "MegWhiteley" wrote an interesting user review on metacritic, i think it's worth posting:

"Terrible game, the gameplay is simple, boring, the graphics are ok, but the graohics don't do the game, I hate this title is really boring. Journey is an awful game."

hmm i'm starting to have second thoughts... maybe i should pass on it. yeah.

someone called "MegWhiteley" wrote an interesting user review on metacritic, i think it's worth posting:

"Terrible game, the gameplay is simple, boring, the graphics are ok, but the graohics don't do the game, I hate this title is really boring. Journey is an awful game."

Yeah... no. Even the opening shot of sand in the game is amazing. Sand. If Uncharted 3 did it realistically, Journey does it artistically.

OnPoint

The graohics were pretty bad

Enjoyed your review, that was well written.

Thanks mate

bunbun777

Someone named FFXI-GAARA helped me out tremendously last night to find all glyphs and symbols for the last few stages. Got my
white robe
and had a good time.

I just purchased and finished Journey last night and it was amazing. I was glad that it was short because it was pretty late when I finished it, and I feel like I have barely explored the game because I only earned 2 trophies at the end. This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful game I have ever played. Big props to the art director of this game, and I love the sand in this game and how the themes of
water
and sand kind of converge along the way.
My game of the year so far, really would like more games like this since Team Ico went awol.

I am tired of shooters that sell millions!

The only disappointment I had was in the free dynamic XMB theme, was hoping it would be an ambient piece of just sand flowing and not transitioning wallpapers.

spats

Just finished it. Immediately added my partner to my friends list afterwards, haha.

I didn't experience any emotional epiphany that GAF was talking about, but some of the stuff in the game like
being side by side with your partner in the snowstorm keeps you both warm, was brilliant. I've never seen such a simple mechanic used in such a meaningful way

It's also visually really consistently beautiful. I'm propably going to play the game again, but I already sort of feel like I got my money's worth with one playthrough. Very cool game.

Eterniti

Played this game this past weekend and finished it in about an hour and I have to say that there's a really interesting quality to meeting and interacting with different people. I found myself trying to figure out ways to try and converse with the other player with the tools the game provides. I intend to jump in it tonight to see if I can help out people get through the game.

spats

Don't put those sorts of expectations on the game...

I agree, temper your expectations but go in with an open mind. That sounded cheesy. But if you start playing it and expecting it to live up to GAF hype, there's a chance you'll be disappointed. As with everything that's hyped to high heavens on GAF, ever.

So, I had some pre-paid cards and ended up pre-ordering first and upgrading to Plus after (not just for Journey), but now it's asking me to pay for Journey again. Haven't bought much of PSN before so maybe I'm just confused. Will it still honor my pre-order once the update goes live?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hope the folks buying this today and beyond feel the same way many of us have while playing this. Nothing like this has ever been made. Not quite like this.

Awww. Any particular names for the cloth creatures? I totally love the giant ones.

Not that I can recall :\

I'm trying to get my wife - who is vehemently anti-console - to give it a shot this weekend. Hopefully she'll get as much out of it as I did
especially where (s)he was frozen and collapsed

Not that I can recall :\

I'm trying to get my wife - who is vehemently anti-console - to give it a shot this weekend. Hopefully she'll get as much out of it as I did
especially where (s)he was frozen and collapsed

Ah well, I just thought of them as like huge whales really.

And I think it'll work. I remember getting my non-console playing cousins to give flower a shot and they fell in love with it - especially the music & concept.

Leeness

Someone named FFXI-GAARA helped me out tremendously last night to find all glyphs and symbols for the last few stages. Got my
white robe
and had a good time.

Omg. :') FFXI-Gaara, I've been talking to him the past couple days since we finished most of the game together!

Iiiiit's a small world after all!

Cudder

I watched my friend play through the whole thing a few days ago, and was definitely wowed by the whole thing. Too bad I kinda popped my cherry watching someone else play, but it was still fucking awesome.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
cosmicblizzard said:
So how vital is the Co-op to the experience? Usually not a big fan of that, especially with no way to communicate.

Its not strictly neccessary, but it elevates the whole experience massively. Especially I think if you aren't really a fan of online gaming, it'll be quite an eye-opener.

So how vital is the Co-op to the experience? Usually not a big fan of that, especially with no way to communicate.

Trust me when I say you have nothing to worry about. To describe this game has having "co-op" is kind of silly.

You're going on a Journey, and along the way you might see some other people on their Journey as well. You have absolutely no obligation to do anything with this other person.

Cartman86

Banned

Play it while connected, but don't worry about it. Let it happen naturally. Yeah it's better co-op but sit down and spend a couple hours playing through the whole thing. Someone will show up eventually. It's such a seamless experience.

Its not strictly neccessary, but it elevates the whole experience massively. Especially I think if you aren't really a fan of online gaming, it'll be quite an eye-opener.

Yeah, co-op isn't strictly necessary for the game, as you can (and should) play the game entirely in singleplayer (gives a much different experience), but in order to see what everyone's talking about, you should play through the game with others.

Be kind to them, okay. :)

Top Bottom