• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

Tantalus

Neo Member
I can't get over how phenomenal this game's OST is. Both the epic tracks and the slower paced ones are spellbinding.

My favorite track in the whole game may be when you first get
down to the caves. I love standing in that patch of light and just listening. Very slow, moody, heart twinging music.

Absolutely agree.
I thought the soundtrack added a lot when you become empowered at the end of the game. The chord that plays when you spring upwards surrounded by light... So good.

Have Thatgamecompany spoke about releasing the OST for download at all?

Danielsan

I think that once your game has been publicly praised by Ueda you really can't go up much further as a developer.

Absolutely agree.
I thought the soundtrack added a lot when you become empowered at the end of the game. The chord that plays when you spring upwards surrounded by light... So good.

Austin Wintory, the composer of the Journey soundtrack, has stated that he's creating an official Journey soundtrack in which the music has been restructured so that it can be enjoyed as a proper album. So yes an OST is coming, but it won't simply be the music ripped from the game and dumped in an album format.

Meanwhile enjoy these: http://soundcloud.com/awintory/sets/journey

Pachimari

This have been my most awaited game, and I have yet to buy it. What the f*ck is wrong with me. I'm thinking of buying Siren and Jak & Daxter HD for my HMZ-T1 as well.

Ra1den

Wow, that's some praise! And from Ueda no less. I feel the same way, I wish games respected the player's time more.

The composer said he will be releasing a free OST with some tracks arranged a certain way to make them good for standalone listening.

I'm not sure I'd want to hear them out of the game, I wouldn't want to get too familiar with them.

edit: beaten

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This have been my most awaited game, and I have yet to buy it. What the f*ck is wrong with me. I'm thinking of buying Siren and Jak & Daxter HD for my HMZ-T1 as well.
*Slaps* Snap out of it man and go buy this asap.

Dat Ueda praise. :bow: Thatgamecompany.

Danielsan

sure you can!

by getting praised by a developer who actually finishes games
Shocking reply coming from you Ami.
Though it did warm my heart to see that you enjoyed Journey. ;)

Ooh by the way:
iyUTKOA319fkt.jpg

Danielsan

And for those who love the soundtrack. I suggest you guys sign up for Austin's fanlist.
I immediately got a mail with a wonderful 6:05 minute long Journey track that apparently won't be part of the official soundtrack.

iAErkL5gKhFqq.png

Ra1den

I'm thinking of playing Journey on the HMZ-T1 in around 3 hours.

I'm jealous! Can't wait to hear your impressions.

And for those who love the soundtrack. I suggest you guys sign up for Austin's fanlist.
I immediately got a mail with a wonderful 6:05 minute long Journey track that apparently won't be part of the official soundtrack.

Hmm, that's funny, I signed up a couple days ago and haven't received a track. Well I think I received like a welcome email, was it buried in there somewhere? I already deleted it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It's a Sony IP so no. It will not make it to the PC.
I suspect that watching videos of play throughs will not even remotely come close to the experience of actually playing the game.

Eh, it's either I buy a PS3 just to play this game, or I watch youtube vids of it. Not ideal, but certainly cost effective (free). It's not like I don't have a dozen other games I neglect too much anyway. Journey does look to be quite the experience though, first game I've ever wanted a PS3 for.

Danielsan

Hmm, that's funny, I signed up a couple days ago and haven't received a track. Well I think I received like a welcome email, was it buried in there somewhere? I already deleted it.
Yes it's in there. Not exactly buried either. It's literally the first thing in the mail.

Zeliard

If it's working for Danielsan maybe you have to put it on a USB stick instead of dl'ing it through the PS3 browser, though that seems unusual.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Can those folks who were having problems redownloas the theme? I fixed the error with the p3t file that was causing the bg not to load

Did not work for me :(

If it's working for Danielsan maybe you have to put it on a USB stick instead of dl'ing it through the PS3 browser, though that seems unusual.
I did that and it didn't work.

Love the game, wish there was an endless desert mode, where random ruins and temples show up. Something like a procedurally generated open playground.

Danielsan

It doesn't work for me either. I just used the high res artwork and set it as a wallpaper. That way I also don't have any text/logo's cluttering up the background (no offense m0dus).

MrDenny

Just finished my first Journey :)
Me and my partner got separated in the last level.
I went searching for him thinking he was behind me, but couldn't find him so I continued onwards.
Then I found him waiting for me up ahead, so we could finish the game together.
I'm surprised he waited that long because I took my time just looking around.
Awesome experience.

Just played this for the first time today for half an hour, and I had chills the entire time. When it came time to leave my companion, I honestly felt sad and had no way of telling them I needed to leave and that I enjoyed their company. I sang them a song, sat down, and left.

thatgamecompany just beat Team ICO at their own game.

Played through it tonight... I think it was just a bit over two hours for me. It was a great two hours, though, and anyone who complains about the length should be shot.

What a lovely little game. It didn't utterly wow me as a moving piece of art like it has seemed to have with some people, but it was really fun from start to finish and the changes in tone were great. It's so much fun just gliding or sliding about.

I didn't have too much interaction with the people who joined my game - I more or less just kept doing my own thing and if they kept up then good for them - but it was definitely cool having people drop in and out and do certain sections with me.

Part of me wants to go back and explore a bit, but I don't think I will. It was a nice experience and I'll just leave it at that.

Dylan

With Journey, That Game Company has proven themselves to be among the best of the best developers. I think these games will be remembered and cherished for a long time after this gen is over.

Ricky_R

I'm not in love with the gameplay, but like many have said, the experience is awesome. The concept is pretty cool and the fact that I usually feel like doing things solo and I just can't do it when a companion is calling, makes this game a very unique experience.

There are some parts that can get a bit tiresome considering that the nature of the game is to have multiple playthroughs with different companions, but the fact that I have the desire to keep replaying anyway is proof enough that this game is doing something quite right.

Btw, my PSN name is whoooop6 in case I've been someone's companion here.

Pollux

I tried to buy this the other day, but it said I needed to be a PSN+ member or something. When can people without the + thing buy this?

Top Bottom