• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Heel

tumblr_n8ivqqROcV1qhjbxeo1_500.gif

Gymnastics where you land on your stomach instead of your feet. Not feeling it.

Mr. Roboto
"Least Understood Hater" 2002

VoxPop

Gymnastics where you land on your stomach instead of your feet. Not feeling it.

Mr. Roboto
"Least Understood Hater" 2002

Pfft, it's obvious the more flips you do, the more it hurts.

Also watching TNA for the first time in forever and its laughably bad.

Lol @ that match with Aries and Japanese guy

Why are Dreamer and Rhino still around?

Alucard

Banned
Man...really good match between Sanada and Aries for the X Division title. More matches like this on TV, please TNA. Definitely one of the highlights of the TV wrestling week.

Gorillaz

Bully Ray and Rhino shooting on each other

such a terrible exchange they literally just raised their voices the entire time yelling

edit: this battle royal is so fucking terrible, a dude is hitting the steel post from the outside and then someone called the monster walked out and started shit with him for no reason

such a terrible exchange they literally just raised their voices the entire time yelling

edit: this battle royal is so fucking terrible, a dude is hitting the steel post from the outside and then someone called the monster walked out and started shit with him for no reason
All true. Just wait for the menagerie ' s teased surprised I'm sure that'll make it worse.

I just wrote way too much for my Tops and Flops article this week. Ah well, there was a lot to say! Goes up Saturday.

Impact had another good show, yeah?

Alucard

Banned
Man, I really have no complaints about the in-ring product on this week's Impact so far. 3 matches in. Good tag match, X match, and Knockouts match from what I've seen so far.

Alucard

Banned
Good backstage segments on Impact tonight too. Aries saying he's NOT going to cash in because "the X Division is relevant again" makes me excited. The Lashley workout segment was also effective at making him look like a machine.

8/6/2006
* CM Punk was so overcome with emotion that he cried backstage after his first match on live WWE TV on Tuesday night. Punk impressed people backstage with his skills and passion. Vince McMahon also praised his performance. The crowd’s endorsement really helped his mood.

* Kurt Angle was happy at the ECW show on Tuesday. He really enjoys the atmosphere that only an ECW crowd can provide.

* Batista didn’t fraternize much backstage with the other ECW wrestlers on Tuesday.

5/14/2006
* John Cena is said to be having fun with the crowd boos. He has been patted on the back for staying persistent and even “regaining” fans during the current program with Triple H. Cena got a good reaction from fans during the tour of California, which worked out great with merchandise sales.

Vince McMahon is said to be the most impress with sales of John Cena Merchandise. Most insiders say that this is the reason why Vince is so hesitant in turning Cena heel. McMahon wants to do nothing dramatic that could affect Cena and his current “workaholic” work ethic in the long run. Plus he doesn’t want to see those sales dwindle.l

4/13/2006
* John Cena is not affected by the poor crowd reactions in recent months. It is being reported that he is willing to continue with the current flow and WWE’s plans. One source says that management is planning to turn Cena heel in the near future. A lot of people were surprised that the turn did not happen at WrestleMania 22.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished Impact. A very good episode as far as wrestling television goes. There was some pretty sloppy camera work during the battle royal, but it's good to have Jeff Hardy back to his usual self.

It's been a good week of pro wrestling. TNA, ROH, and the WWE have all provided some very good stuff.

Big One

Banned
All that'll happen if Cena turns heel is that kids will just buy merch of another superstar like DB merch. It's all about exposure and if kids view Cena as a bad guy and someone else as a good guy, they'll buy the good guy merch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guess what?

If you're an adult male Cena is already a heel for you. Has been for a long ass time. If he "turned heel" the only difference is that you'd cheer for him while the kids would boo him and they'd sell less merch.

strobogo

Banned
b...b...but it had dino transformers

DINO TRANSFORMERS, THEY BREATH FIRE TOO!, I LOVE IT, MAGGLE

The dumbest shit I've seen recently, and I've recently seen Amazing Spiderman 2 and No Holds Barred.

Didn't someone get banned for posting entire Observer Newsletters? I would be very cautious with that Slightconfuse, given how there is a rule against even posting magazine scans on GAF.

This website is pretty fun.

http://wrestlingonearth.com/category/dirt-sheet-history/

Sting rumors all the way back in 05

10/28/2005
* There has been a big rumor spreading around the internet that Sting posted on his so called “official” site that he would be appearing this Monday on RAW in a match against Shelton Benjamin. Since that time, the site has been taken down. It is very unlikely that this is the case as Sting has stated previously that at this point in his life he would ever join WWE, despite conversations in the past with the company.

At some point, you have to stop feeling bad

I'm at that point when it comes to people who keep giving Bay Transformers movies 20 hard-earned dollars expecting anything other than dumb. The first one, I could see falling for that trap, even the second one. But it's 2014. If you keep willingly seeing them and come out thinking it sucks, you deserve it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Awww Shucky ducky, my Wikipedia list of PPV's for 1993 completely missed Battlebowl.

What a fucking insane idea for a PPV. Sad thing is I kinda dug the first one (aka the last one they did) despite being a combination of two awful ideas (random thrown together tag teams and a one night tourney! What could go wrong?)

I'm at that point when it comes to people who keep giving Bay Transformers movies 20 hard-earned dollars expecting anything other than dumb. The first one, I could see falling for that trap, even the second one. But it's 2014. If you keep willingly seeing them and come out thinking it sucks, you deserve it

I don't think it's like that at all. I try to get out of my bubble as much as possible and when I survey stuff like Transformers, hey, people just like that stuff. It's the equivalent of a Happy Meal. I'm sure the same thing could be said re: Cena.

6/6/2005
* CM Punk has been offered a contract by WWE. It’s expected that the company will offer contracts to Samoa Joe and “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson this week.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
6/6/2005
* CM Punk has been offered a contract by WWE. It’s expected that the company will offer contracts to Samoa Joe and “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson this week.

I'm sure they probably did at the time. I'm positive they did offer Samoa Joe the Umaga role right around then.

8/25/2004
* At a talent meeting last week, Chris Jericho, Edge, and Molly Holly all spoke out against the new WWE dress code that requires wrestlers to wear slacks and a shirt to the arenas, on flights, etc.

Jericho said that the dress code is inconvenient, and it takes away from the wrestler’s individuality. He added that WWE markets their wrestlers as unique individuals, but then wants them to all dress alike and have fans view them as conformists.

Edge said that it looks just as bad to fans to see wrestlers sitting in a coach as it does to see them in casual clothes. Molly added that it looks bad when four or five wrestlers are sitting in a rental car.

Jericho asked if Steve Austin would have ever expected to follow the dress code since he came to the arenas in jeans with one of his “Stone Cold” t-shirts on.

Triple H is one wrestler who has no problem with the dress code since he always dresses up as a way of living his character, something Ric Flair has been doing for decades.

strobogo

Banned

I saw it for free. I would never have paid to see it. I saw about 20 minutes of the first movie and none of the 2nd or 3rd. So many bad lines, god damn Dutch angles EVERYWHERE. Thor and Adam West Batman would be embarrassed of how over used they were. A lot of weird editing and deliveries. Extras looking directly into the camera. More than a few women who looked like their knees were about to explode from walking in heels they couldn't walk in. Man of Steel level obnoxious product placement. Particularly weird for a PG-13 movie based on a toy line, since the biggest placements were for Budweiser and Victoria's Secret. And a number of statutory rape jokes.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I just trumped my personal push-up record. Did 26 in one go. Old record was 23, which I did last weekend. Probably doesn't seem like much to many of you, but considering I was only doing 5-8 a month or two ago, I'm pretty proud of myself. Thanks, DDP Yoga!

Vylash

Guys, I just trumped my personal push-up record. Did 26 in one go. Old record was 23, which I did last weekend. Probably doesn't seem like much to many of you, but considering I was only doing 5-8 a month or two ago, I'm pretty proud of myself. Thanks, DDP Yoga!

How much weight have you lost since you started?

Top Bottom