• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

I don't think it's like that at all. I try to get out of my bubble as much as possible and when I survey stuff like Transformers, hey, people just like that stuff. It's the equivalent of a Happy Meal. I'm sure the same thing could be said re: Cena.

Stay in the bubble if the first thing you check out after stepping out is Michael Bay

I saw it for free. I would never have paid to see it.

That's great and smart, stro, though I must disagree with your diss of Adam West Batman and your not triggering the Man of Steel reference (fuck Man of Steel forever)

Alucard

Banned
How much weight have you lost since you started?

Been hanging around the 7-8 pounds lost mark for a while now, but it's all my own fault for overeating or eating like crap for the past month or so as well. I was at 10 pounds down a while back. Gotta get back on the horse and get back to good habits to keep knocking that door down.

strobogo

Banned
Stay in the bubble if the first thing you check out after stepping out is Michael Bay

That's great and smart, stro, though I must disagree with your diss of Adam West Batman and your not triggering the Man of Steel reference (fuck Man of Steel forever)

It wasn't a diss of Adam West Batman. I love Adam West Batman. But they used the Dutch angle all the god damn time. It was a comparison. Not a diss.

How weird that as I'm working on a new Always Vince in Philadelphia avatar for Sunny, the episode opens with Vince McMahon's voice as the gang are watching Hogan vs Volkoff from SNME.

Alucard

Banned
oh man that bully ray/rhino segment was hilariously bad until EC3 stepped in, also aries has a terrible 450 splash

He missed it a bit, but I still thought the match was very good. Best match I've seen all week between WWE and TNA. The Jericho/Miz match was also a fave this week.

Alucard

Banned
BsO3w95CEAAmmg5.jpg

Are you ready?!

alstein

It wasn't a diss of Adam West Batman. I love Adam West Batman. But they used the Dutch angle all the god damn time. It was a comparison. Not a diss.

How weird that as I'm working on a new Always Vince in Philadelphia avatar for Sunny, the episode opens with Vince McMahon's voice as the gang are watching Hogan vs Volkoff from SNME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpaQlfJsqCs

required watching since you're a fan of Adam West.

MC Safety

On NXT, Tyson Kidd and Natalya Niedhart have a segment where they discuss Kidd's rotten behavior.

It is odd how stilted and awkward the two are. Neither possesses any interviewing or speaking skill, but you would imagine they would at least be comfortable with one another seeing as how they're married in real life.

They are married in real life, right? Anyway, their time in the minor leagues doesn't seem to be doing either of them any good.

On NXT, Tyson Kidd and Natalya Niedhart have a segment where they discuss Kidd's rotten behavior.

It is odd how stilted and awkward the two are. Neither possesses any interviewing or speaking skill, but you would imagine they would at least be comfortable with one another seeing as how they're married in real life.

They are married in real life, right? Anyway, their time in the minor leagues doesn't seem to be doing either of them any good.
It's career work for the NXT writers. Really brave and thoughtful plotting going on, especially for wrestling. Genius.

Hasney

Anyway, their time in the minor leagues doesn't seem to be doing either of them any good.

I've not watched this week, but I'd disagree with this. Natalya had the best match I've ever seen her in at Takeover and I've been enjoying Tyson in the ring as well as the character since Takeover. Should be quite fun to see where he goes after NXT. FACT.

MC Safety

I've not watched this week, but I'd disagree with this. Natalya had the best match I've ever seen her in at Takeover and I've been enjoying Tyson in the ring as well as the character since Takeover. Should be quite fun to see where he goes after NXT. FACT.

You should watch the segment. It's like two robots are trying to communicate with one another but their timing circuits are malfunctioning. It does not compute.

Hasney

You should watch the segment. It's like two robots are trying to communicate with one another but their timing circuits are malfunctioning. It does not compute.

Will be doing once I escape work
If I can shake off the Final Fantasy XIV addiction for long enough

Also, first food place to do a tweet about NXT gets my business. Impress me, corporate overlords.

strobogo

Banned
Got a 40 mile ride planned today. Kind of nervous. It will be my longest ride and I did 34 Wednesday. I Bolieve, but have some worries. It's going to be some work.

Alucard

Banned
Lateral change. TNA has bigger fish to fry. They sound like they're on a roll right now but they've given me hope before only to crush it. Give me a year of consistent booking then we'll see.

I agree, but they've got their hooks into me real good right now. By the things the wrestlers are saying in the promos, it sounds like they've been reading online criticisms to their product. It's like the company's saying "We hear you, and we actually agree. We're sorry."

We'll see how it goes.

GJ Bret.

I agree, but they've got their hooks into me real good right now. By the things the wrestlers are saying in the promos, it sounds like they've been reading online criticisms to their product. It's like the company's saying "We hear you, and we actually agree. We're sorry."

We'll see how it goes.

How has it changed? I haven't really watched since 2006, would I be interested again?

Alucard

Banned
How has it changed? I haven't really watched since 2006, would I be interested again?

Last night, there was a bigger focus on in-ring action. 4 matches with zero screwy finishes or gimmicks. All of the matches were good-to-very-good.

Austin Aries won the X Division title and said he's going to make the division relevant again and WON'T cash the belt in for a World title shot.

They're going back to the six-sided ring.

It sounds like they realize they can't compete with the WWE, and they should instead focus on being an alternative.

Check out Aries/Sanada and Wolves/Bram and Magnus when they hit youtube. And check out Impact next Thursday. It's the first of the New York shows.

Thank you for this. A few things:

That NXT title doesn't look great for some reason - probably a little too plain for my liking.

Sami will be fine on the main roster; Neville needs a little more in his personality. They're both great in the ring though.

Why can I see this being an IC title match at WM32?
No problem! That would be a wonderful Mania match, I'm all for that.

On the belt, I think it's one of those that needs the right lighting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got a 40 mile ride planned today. Kind of nervous. It will be my longest ride and I did 34 Wednesday. I Bolieve, but have some worries. It's going to be some work.

Bring ya waters

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is "The Monday Night War" I keep hearing about something new?
I am trying to find it on the Network and nothing is coming up.

It was a sneak peek, won't be on the Network in earnest until August. It was dope though.

It was a sneak peek, won't be on the Network in earnest until August. It was dope though.

They really should have kept the first episode up throughout the free week so that people could have watched it, caught the hype, then bought into the Network.

Now you just have people torrenting the first episode and just planning on torrenting the rest.

Top Bottom