• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

RP912

Banned
Japan is really lucky . Shame they don't put house shows on the network

023_Tokyo_0710_0503.jpg

That would be great :(. Bring back those house shows in Madison Square Garden.

Mengetsu

House shows should be exclusive to the network. No commentary just pure matches. The network feels it must be cannon to the stories on there so I don't see this happening because so much crazy stuff happens at those shows.

RP912

Banned
House shows should be exclusive to the network. No commentary just pure matches. The network feels it must be cannon to the stories on there so I don't see this happening because so much crazy stuff happens at those shows.

That would be awesome. I wish the wwe would realize that the gig is up. It's ok to show off the broken kayfabe and lack of storylines just for once.

bart jr

Neo Member
About a month or so ago I made a comment about how I thought people in here were clique-y and that I felt like I got no-sold whenever I tried to start up any conversations. I apologize for that - in hindsight I don't really think that's the case. The problem is that this thread usually moves so fast, and my work/personal life (working 48+ hours a week, then having a band and trying to run a label) makes it hard for me to participate at the same level as everyone else. I'm always 5 pages too late whenever I want to chime in on a topic, but that's my fault. Sorry!

Anyways, I'll be going to this star-studded attraction tomorrow with a huge group of friends:
10414640_781129418573938_5330466641509095010_n.jpg

I don't even know where to begin when explaining just how bad this is going to be. The only reason I'm willing to go to Lancaster for this is to see the HTM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Samoa Joe informed me that it's been 9 years since we lost Hashimoto.

Bootaaay...can you cue up a beautiful match for us :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
About a month or so ago I made a comment about how I thought people in here were clique-y and that I felt like I got no-sold whenever I tried to start up any conversations. I apologize for that - in hindsight I don't really think that's the case. The problem is that this thread usually moves so fast, and my work/personal life (working 48+ hours a week, then having a band and trying to run a label) makes it hard for me to participate at the same level as everyone else. I'm always 5 pages too late whenever I want to chime in on a topic, but that's my fault. Sorry!

Anyways, I'll be going to this star-studded attraction tomorrow with a huge group of friends:

I don't even know where to begin when explaining just how bad this is going to be. The only reason I'm willing to go to Lancaster for this is to see the HTM.

Show looks amazing. You're always welcome here anyhow, true or false! Who is the Uruk-Hai with the skull?

bart jr

Neo Member
Show looks amazing. You're always welcome here anyhow, true or false! Who is the Uruk-Hai with the skull?

That is Papa Dingo! It's a totally racist gimmick, haha, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a promotion running out of these particular parts(Lancaster, Chillicothe, etc). I wish I recorded the in-ring promos with him and Jock Samson from a few months ago. Jock got away with saying shit he'd NEVER say in AIW or any other promotion worth a damn. Papa is actually the best wrestler the promotion has - which is a mix of guys in their 50/60s, or guys who only wrestle on the weekend for fun. The guy throwing up the deuces in that picture above, who has a yellow shirt strikingly similar to Charlie Brown? His name is....Charlie Brown.

*EDIT* Oh, and the ladder match that's being advertised? It has been promoted for the last 4 shows...and has never happened.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That is Papa Dingo! It's a totally racist gimmick, haha, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a promotion running out of these particular parts(Lancaster, Chillicothe, etc). I wish I recorded the in-ring promos with him and Jock Samson from a few months ago. Jock got away with saying shit he'd NEVER say in AIW or any other promotion worth a damn. Papa is actually the best wrestler the promotion has - which is a mix of guys in their 50/60s, or guys who only wrestle on the weekend for fun. The guy throwing up the deuces in that picture above, who has a yellow shirt strikingly similar to Charlie Brown? His name is....Charlie Brown.

Papa Dingo and Charlie Brown

well, at least it isn't "Old Glory" Wrestling Federation.

The guy throwing up the deuces in that picture above, who has a yellow shirt strikingly similar to Charlie Brown? His name is....Charlie Brown.

*EDIT* Oh, and the ladder match that's being advertised? It has been promoted for the last 4 shows...and has never happened.

...His name is Charlie Brown. Goddamnit.

Also at the ladder match thing: THE INDIES~!

lol, that fucking diaper match.

Reminds me of Razor vs 1-2-3 Kid.

Vinny Mac wasn't the worst commentator, I like how enthusiastic he would get about stuff, like for that match there was a sign that said "1-2-3 baby" or something and had a pic of him in a diaper and Vince just says really loud "HAW HAAWWW WHATTYA THINK OF THAT?"

Wish they could get that excited nowadays, most recently JBL was freakin' about Sandhart I guess "BRET SCREWED BRET", like alright dude.

Audience should be pointed out more. "And there's a young Sheamus fan" or something, let the universe feel appreciated and maybe smarks won't keep trying to get themselves over an--oh what am I saying~

RP912

Banned
We need Joey Styles like a hole in the head when it comes down to commentary. Dude could make unwrapping a snickers bar EXTREME!!!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I used my Network trial to Watch WM30 and see 1080p shookery, it was electrifying.

But on a more srs note, going back to the highlights of WM30, it really felt like it was the start of a new generation or "era" as per the buzzword
sans Bray losing to Cena.

RP912

Banned
I was watching the first One Night Stand earlier this week. If we got that Joey Styles, sure. If we got WWECW Joey Styles, no thanks.

wwecw styles was pretty much vince being EXTREME!!.

Hearing styles like that was depressing :(. This guy did ppvs solo and succeeded. I used to cringed when they put another commentator next to him besides rick rude which that duo was greatness. Styles talking about the match while Rude talked about sex.

That chemistry.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
On NXT, Tyson Kidd and Natalya Niedhart have a segment where they discuss Kidd's rotten behavior.

It is odd how stilted and awkward the two are. Neither possesses any interviewing or speaking skill, but you would imagine they would at least be comfortable with one another seeing as how they're married in real life.

They are married in real life, right? Anyway, their time in the minor leagues doesn't seem to be doing either of them any good.

Nah, Tyson has been golden in NXT. FACT. They need to turn Natty heel at the end of this storyline.

XenoRaven

So I used my Network trial to Watch WM30 and see 1080p shookery, it was electrifying.

But on a more srs note, going back to the highlights of WM30, it really felt like it was the start of a new generation or "era" as per the buzzword
But the future refused to change...

RP912

Banned

WM 30 was probably the closest thing to a mania that surpasses wm 17 imo. It was like the whole ppv was a kickoff to something greater. Daniel Bryan headlining, trips putting over a wrestler, bork winning, shield kicking ass, cesaro the gawd doing godly things, and so forth.

Also cena winz Lolz

bart jr

Neo Member
The X Division champion can cash in his title for a shot at TNA's world title at Destination X.

I was just talking with a friend the other day about how I liked this idea. I know the WWE would never rip off the idea, but I feel like it'd be a good way to make either the IC or US title more important.

DMczaf

WM 30 was probably the closest thing to a mania that surpasses wm 17 imo. It was like the whole ppv was a kickoff to something greater. Daniel Bryan headlining, trips putting over a wrestler, bork winning, shield kicking ass, cesaro the gawd doing godly things, and so forth.

Also cena winz Lolz

4 months later, all of that silly new generation 2 talk nonsense is over and Cena is our 15 time champ. Order is restored. Cena Generation continues, 12 years strong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was just talking with a friend the other day about how I liked this idea. I know the WWE would never rip off the idea, but I feel like it'd be a good way to make either the IC or US title more important.

Immediately vacate your title for a shot. You can build a lot of people as perennial losers that are ALMOST there as often (or as little) as you want.

MORE important? I feel like it makes it less important, I don't know.

It defines them as secondary titles that need to be discard in order for the former champion to rise to world championship contender status. It formalizes something that's already been accepted, but it feels like it cheapens the secondary titles. As always, it's in how it's booked.

I'm not a fan of the belt cash in idea. The belts should be booked to be more important because they're TITLES, secondary or no. The fact that they're stepping stones for the world title shouldn't be blatant. When it comes to titles, follow the NJPW booking, not TNA's.

Top Bottom