• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Will WWE be at the Tokyo Dome?

Nope, Sumo Hall - Ryogoku Kokugikan. They struggled to fill the place on their last Japanese tour (although they were going against a New Japan G1 show) and it's a 9,000 seater - they'd have to bring a WrestleMania to Japan if they wanted to run the Tokyo Dome.

Gonzalez

Banned
9krDlzu.png
Heyman, and Cesaro pictured with fan.

Sephzilla

4 months later, all of that silly new generation 2 talk nonsense is over and Cena is our 15 time champ. Order is restored. Cena Generation continues, 12 years strong.

The reality era burned bright and fast

Really, it's sad that all of WM30's momentum is dead

Thorakai

I'm not a fan of the belt cash in idea. The belts should be booked to be more important because they're TITLES, secondary or no. The fact that they're stepping stones for the world title shouldn't be blatant. When it comes to titles, follow the NJPW booking, not TNA's.

Me neither. I like it better than Money in the Bank though, because at least the belts are the focus. The "cashing-in" idea just promotes lazy booking. Something like Money in the Bank was great for Edge and RVD because they were already established stars that just needed a push to enter the main event. Since then its mostly been used to give people who are too green, inexperienced, and unestablished shots at the gold. It didn't help that you had two Money in the Banks for two World Titles. It just cheapened the push wrestlers were suppose to get. Good booking allows for a variety of ways to get people from the midcard to the main event without devaluing both belts. I'd rather have a good range of storylines to push people to next level than handing them some sort of golden ticket.

jmdajr

Nope, Sumo Hall - Ryogoku Kokugikan. They struggled to fill the place on their last Japanese tour (although they were going against a New Japan G1 show) and it's a 9,000 seater - they'd have to bring a WrestleMania to Japan if they wanted to run the Tokyo Dome.

Sadly, I was trying to be funny.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love when WWE wrestlers talk about how Japanese crowds are quiet because of a respect thing. They're quiet because your angles and match have no heat. Ain't nobody 'quiet' during UWF vs NJPW.

RP912

Banned
I love when WWE wrestlers talk about how Japanese crowds are quiet because of a respect thing. They're quiet because your angles and match have no heat. Ain't nobody 'quiet' during UWF vs NJPW.

so much this. Japanese crowds pop hard as hell for a good show not bullshit which the wwe tends to pump out on mondays. They should just do a raw episode where it's pure wrestling and no backstage antics.

bart jr

Neo Member
Me neither. I like it better than Money in the Bank though, because at least the belts are the focus. The "cashing-in" idea just promotes lazy booking. Something like Money in the Bank was great for Edge and RVD because they were already established stars that just needed a push to enter the main event. Since then its mostly been used to give people who are too green, inexperienced, and unestablished shots at the gold. It didn't help that you had two Money in the Banks for two World Titles. It just cheapened the push wrestlers were suppose to get. Good booking allows for a variety of ways to get people from the midcard to the main event without devaluing both belts. I'd rather have a good range of storylines to push people to next level than handing them some sort of golden ticket.

I like what you're saying here. When I made the comment it about making the IC and US titles more important, I had what you said in mind. The titles should mean something on their own, and should be handled in the same way New Japan books their titles (in my perfect world, the WWE would emulate New Japan in most of what they do). I mean hell, New Japan has TWO sets of tag titles. In my opinion, the second-tier titles are serving absolutely no purpose in the WWE right now, and doing the "cash-in" for a shot would help alleviate that.

RP912

Banned
I'm still haunted by the failure of ortiz/rampage being in TNA. How you take something that could have been marketable and fuck it up within a week 0_0?

strobogo

Banned
Do you go biking on bush trails or do you stick to paved trails and roads?

Road only, even though my bike is a full on mountain bike with giant ass knobby wheels.

VrJ1XhY.png

Time is actually a little shorter, as I forgot to pause the timer when I had to stop to make sure I was about to go down the right road since everything out in the country has 4-5 different names. The dude I talked to wasn't from the area and was really confused by my asking along the lines of "If I turn on 194th street, that turns into county road 304, which is also 50th street, right?". Whatever. I Bolieved and made it a win.

Jamie OD

Best bit of the Raw held in Japan was the very beginning with Eric Bischoff and his translator. Whenever Eric spoke he got cheers but the crowd would then boo the translator as he was translating the announcements. It wasn't even the typical wrestling boo, every time the translator spoke the crowd booed over him. He probably had the most heel heat of the entire show that evening.

WWE beggin the fuck out of me to sign up for the network. They sent me an email for a $25 gift card if I sign up. Poor guys trying to look good before they have to reveal numbers later this month. I watched an ECW ppv the first day of the trial and that is the only time I've watched it.

Pro Wrestling is fake, its race problem is not.

Race problem is overblown rumor mongering by people that don't realize it's a percentage problem. The percentage of black talent in the wrestling world is significantly lower than any other race. A large number of Black youths just don't seem that interested in getting into wrestling compared to other sports like basketball or football. Plus Naomi got to be in an angle with the owner of the company

541%20-%20Dancing%20Raw%20akimbo%20autoplay_gif%20cameron%20funkadactyls%20gif%20naomi%20smiling%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Baseball doesn't really require much physical activity. Either you hit home runs or you suck.

I actually really enjoy MLB but goddamn they just LET people get fat

Top Bottom