• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Snaku

Banned
I remember eating up the Sting stuff during the nWo angle. God, it was great. I was 13 or so and it was so moody and fresh compared to what was happening just years before. I was young and dumb and it was just perfect timing. Fun, fun stuff. Can't wait to watch it again.

I also wonder how he was so, so over and then turned into boring, like, Wolfpac/1999 Sting. And then I remember Starrcade 1997 ruining everything. :(

Starrcade 1997 began the butterfly effect that doomed WCW.

Showaddy

Might actually buy a WWE shirt for the first time:
W06452.jpg

No silly back design as well.

I want to post so much stuff, but I know that this place post RAW will be like "That was it?"

"My god I can never get those 3 hours back."

No Sting
No Punk
Thats how they use Hogan and Flair?

"Cena ends the show with his hands raised"

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
meltzer you twat punk left because of being told he was vs triple h, hes hardly gonna come back to vs triple h is he,

Zach

Starrcade 1997 began the butterfly effect that doomed WCW.

I totally agree. Sting should've gone over without controversy. The nWo should've crumbled. Fans should've had a real payoff. Factions should've cooled for a bit and guys like Sting, Hart and Goldberg should've had some more traditional matches without interruptions and bla bla bla. It would've cleansed everyone's palate. I don't know. I'm just rambling until I get off work. >_>

Gorillaz

Forgot to mention. I watched the Raid 1 last night, so many Wrassle moves, off the top of my head, I saw like a good 3 or 4 bulldogs and a DDT. Shit was hype

Alucard

Banned
Stop posting this fake news shit or I'm snitchin

No fun-GAF. :(

This Raw will have no Punk and no Sting. We'll probably get a video game promo. It would be cool to see Sting in a WWE ring, but I just don't see it happening tonight. Or maybe we'll see him considering the WWE wants Network subs.

I love that "Sting mask on Sting" gif. It reminds me of that Spongebob episode when Spongebob and Sandy were karate fighting.

SB: ...Pile of cans?! Hmm, hmm, Sandy, that is your worst disguise yet!
Sandy: No it's not Spongebob. *holds up squirrel mask* THIS IS!

Good times.

strobogo

Banned
I totally agree. Sting should've gone over without controversy. The nWo should've crumbled. Fans should've had a real payoff. Factions should've cooled for a bit and guys like Sting, Hart and Goldberg should've had some more traditional matches without interruptions and bla bla bla. It would've cleansed everyone's palate. I don't know. I'm just rambling until I get off work. >_>

It should have been as close as you can get to a squash on a main event of the biggest PPV of the year. Sting should have beat the PISS out of Hogan. Other members of the NWO should have come out and either take some shots from Sting, or be stopped by the WCW roster. Sting would win the title, everyone celebrates, nWo has a power vacuum as Hogan would take 3-6 months off.

jmdajr

It should have been as close as you can get to a squash on a main event of the biggest PPV of the year. Sting should have beat the PISS out of Hogan. Other members of the NWO should have come out and either take some shots from Sting, or be stopped by the WCW roster. Sting would win the title, everyone celebrates, nWo has a power vacuum as Hogan would take 3-6 months off.

Stings best moment was beating Flair at Great Amercan Bash.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What if Bo squashes Flo Rida since his racist ass has been squashing as many blacks as Rusev? Ironic cism is ok? Disgusting.

Hey guys, I know there are a ton of Brandon Stroud and Colt Cabana fans here so I'm disappointed to tell you all that they're having TWITTER BEEF

Colt Cabana ‏@ColtCabana 1h
@MrBrandonStroud wait...what?

Brandon Stroud ‏@MrBrandonStroud 1h
@ColtCabana jokes, brother (there's a disclaimer at the beginning about how it's supposed to make people mad)

Colt Cabana ‏@ColtCabana 1h
@MrBrandonStroud I mean, you write and do what ya want, but good lord...that's a heavy shot. Hope I deserved it.

Victor Puente ‏@thevictorpuente 1h
@ColtCabana @MrBrandonStroud I laughed. As fans of both of you I took it as being in good fun. I hope I was right.

Brandon Stroud ‏@MrBrandonStroud 1h
@thevictorpuente @ColtCabana Of course it is. The column's called "The Wrestling Hipster" and everything.

Colt Cabana ‏@ColtCabana 40m
@MrBrandonStroud @thevictorpuente it and you are very disappointing with this. Esp from a guy I know & thought I liked

Brandon Stroud ‏@MrBrandonStroud 35m
@ColtCabana @thevictorpuente you are a popular celebrity, my one sentence "lol colt cabana" joke should not be ruining your day.

Dark times friends.

Hey guys, I know there are a ton of Brandon Stroud and Colt Cabana fans here so I'm disappointed to tell you all that they're having TWITTER BEEF

Dark times friends.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BRANDON STROUD
I have no idea who decided to make him relevant. I blame everyone who posted his shit laughing at him

In honor of Sting, I watched Starcade 1997 with my free WWE Network trial. Wow has that not aged well. The Sting intro is badass but that match with Hogan was hot garbage. Wow, and I complain about the quality of some matches nowadays...

Top Bottom