• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In the spirit of thread positivity, I recommend that everyone just listen to this when they need to chill out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnC85I3wneg
riOxlTP.png

Browny

Banned
I feel like death. I've contracted some sort of adult-destroying virus from my otherwise unaffected daughter - the sort that makes you want to stay in bed for a week. This morning, I just wanted to sleep.

I come into work, and there's a shit storm going on - which I sort out, bleary-eyed and in need of drugs.

Then I see this:

And this:

Cesaro @WWECesaro · 2h
Making an eyepatch look iconic #MainEvent #sagat #tigeruppercut #villain @WWENetwork

This pleases me. This has brightened up my day. I so hope he subtly tweaks things for the next couple of weeks.

Fuck it - I hope he Tiger Knee's some poor jobber's head off.

Kenta Kobashi vs Kensuke Sasaki - (NOAH 2005/07/18)

Yeah, this is THAT match. Y'know, the one with the epic chop battle that goes on forever. The crowd love it, of course, and the theme of the day is: big dudes hitting each other really hard. As great as the match is, it kind of speaks to the problems NOAH faced in the years to come - this is their biggest show of the year, with 62,000 fans packing out the Tokyo Dome, but it's headlined by Misawa vs Kawada and Kobashi vs Sasaki. The then GHC champion, Rikio, was suffering from a poorly-planned title reign and was wrestling four matches down the card and while Jr's like KENTA and Kanemaru were looking to be great stars in the future, they were still Jr's and NOAH would continue its struggle to create any legitimate heavyweights.

Anywho, going off on an IWA-MS tangent, Ian's booked an amazing match; "IWA World Champion Kongo Kong vs the Funkasaurus Brodus Clay with the FUCKadactyls!". He's also booked Justin Credible vs Mitch Ryder. I don't know about you guys, but I'm hyped. IWA! IWA! IWA!

Lastly, I was asked to do a review of the PROGRESS show from Sunday, check it out; http://www.theindycorner.com/reviews/progress-wrestling-world-cup-show-290614-review/

Browny said:
Fuck it - I hope he Tiger Knee's some poor jobber's head off.

This.

0naTace.gif

TIGER GENOCIDE!

BouncyFrag

Just needed to post this gif as I had locked and loaded it for the moment when the US would tie up their match with Bulgaria 2-2 in the World Cup thread. Of course that did not happen but I feel the world needs to see this and it's my newest, favorite gif, so what the hell:
M3bzC.gif

Phatmac

Despite my love of Sagat I still wish he was a baby face. He seems like a dude that'd thrive in it. Especially with the response swagger is now getting. Hope it all works out for him. He's honestly one of the most impressive worker that I've seen.

Marvel

could never
So, I really don't like listening to Brian Alvarez breaking down wrestling. Guy just sounds like a smarky fan.

I haven't bothered listening to his shit in quite a while. I don't have the patience right now.

Oh and we need a new pet animal.

Cagey

Banned
So, I really don't like listening to Brian Alvarez breaking down wrestling. Guy just sounds like a smarky fan.
Because he is. Same with the LAW guys, but the latter are even worse because instead of just criticizing everything that takes place, they cry like petulant little nerds that their own fantasy booking didn't happen. Brutal stuff.

Only wrasslin podcasts left in my rotation get recorded at 316 Gimmick Street.

Alucard

Banned
Because he is. Same with the LAW guys, but the latter are even worse because instead of just criticizing everything that takes place, they cry like petulant little nerds that their own fantasy booking didn't happen. Brutal stuff.

Only wrasslin podcasts left in my rotation get recorded at 316 Gimmick Street.

I don't mind the LAW guys. Alvarez sounds like he's the douche chewing gum at the back of the class with his feet up on his desk. "Yo, teach. Why we gotta do this?" That's the vibe I get.

I think that's why Sunny wants start his own Podcast, as there isn't really anything that just talks about wrestling instead of being hyper-critical and analysing it to death.

Marvel

could never
I think that's why Sunny wants start his own Podcast, as there isn't really anything that just talks about wrestling instead of being hyper-critical and analysing it to death.

Good call.

Talking about wrestling sounds a lot more fun to listen to than the constant analyzing of wrestling.

Striker

He is more ready than Reigns and has a higher ceiling than pasty ass. But those two are the faces higher on the totem poll. After the Andre Battle Royal win, it was smart booking to turn him face completely and start pushing him that way - would've been a better decision especially considering Bryan's injury. Now it's just a circus where he loses to Kofi on an app and has little to no direction. Also don't think Paul Heyman gets him the heat he is expected to have.

Hasney

That's a shitty eye patch, it looks like shitty nylon sleepwear. FFS WWE couldn't afford a proper badass leather one.

Major FAIL!!!

If he wears it while wrestling, I'm assuming it's somewhat see through. Last thing go wants to be doing is hitting that uppercut with hindered depth perception.

Backflip

Just needed to post this gif as I had locked and loaded it for the moment when the US would tie up their match with Bulgaria 2-2 in the World Cup thread. Of course that did not happen but I feel the world needs to see this and it's my newest, favorite gif, so what the hell:
M3bzC.gif

It was Belgium, not Bulgaria...

Joeki11a

Banned
US champ.

It actually sucks that the belt is on Sheamus right now because a Swagger/Rusev feud over the renamed Russian Federation belt would be amazing.

Its not 1980, stuff like that today looks too cheesy, also both need to be IC players
let Adam Rose win the USA title.

I'd rather cena hold the belt for 5 years than see one more Adam Rose segment. At least he's already been demoted so fast he's paired with Santino

Alucard

Banned
I don't get people being unhappy with the placement of certain talent on the card. Not everyone can be the top guy. It's okay to be a comedy guy. It's okay to be a mid-card guy. It's okay to be a jobber. Unless they're Bret Hart, they're probably not complaining.

Top Bottom