• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Man God

Non-Canon Member
New Johnny B Badd.

ty48TNs.jpg

I just read a live report from Smackdown and apparently before the taping started
Bryan came out to cut the same promo he did at MITB, but he was in his ring gear.

Likely doesn't mean anything, but still odd.

Smackdown

* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown but gets attacked by Dean Ambrose. Randy Orton comes out and makes the save until Roman Reigns evens the odds. It looks like we've got a tag match later.

* Big E defeated Cesaro by count out.

* Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio to retain the United States Title.

* Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a promo, taunting Bray Wyatt. Jericho gets a big pop. The Miz interrupts him and ends up taking a Codebreaker. Jericho leaves to another pop.

* AJ Lee comes out to a massive pop from the Jersey crowd. She cuts a promo and defeats Eva Marie by submission. Fans chanted "you can't wrestle" at Eva. There were also CM Punk chants. Paige was on commentary and came into the ring to congratulate AJ before awkwardly leaving. Apparently AJ played the babyface here.

* Damien Sandow comes out as Bruce Springsteen and sings "Born In the USA." Rusev and Lana interrupt. Lana cuts an anti-American 4th of July promo. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter interrupt to a big pop. Zeb jokes on Russia and the crowd is very much into this. There were loud "USA" and "We The People" chants here.

* The main event is Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins interferes and hits Ambrose with his briefcase. Orton and Rollins beat down Ambrose until Roman Reigns makes the save. Reigns hits Orton with a Superman punch to end SmackDown.

Smackdown

* Damien Sandow comes out as Bruce Springsteen and sings "Born In the USA." Rusev and Lana interrupt. Lana cuts an anti-American 4th of July promo. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter interrupt to a big pop. Zeb jokes on Russia and the crowd is very much into this. There were loud "USA" and "We The People" chants here.

I gotta see this

wtf are they doing with Cesaro rn

Alucard

Banned
Smackdown

* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown but gets attacked by Dean Ambrose. Randy Orton comes out and makes the save until Roman Reigns evens the odds. It looks like we've got a tag match later.

* Big E defeated Cesaro by count out.

* Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio to retain the United States Title.

* Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a promo, taunting Bray Wyatt. Jericho gets a big pop. The Miz interrupts him and ends up taking a Codebreaker. Jericho leaves to another pop.

* AJ Lee comes out to a massive pop from the Jersey crowd. She cuts a promo and defeats Eva Marie by submission. Fans chanted "you can't wrestle" at Eva. There were also CM Punk chants. Paige was on commentary and came into the ring to congratulate AJ before awkwardly leaving. Apparently AJ played the babyface here.

* The main event is Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins interferes and hits Ambrose with his briefcase. Orton and Rollins beat down Ambrose until Roman Reigns makes the save. Reigns hits Orton with a Superman punch to end SmackDown.

That actually sounds pretty good. Is this the power of July?

Smackdown

qWyLEkJ.gif

best smackdown in years.

Why the hell was he in his ring gear

false hope

#evenbetter

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wouldn't mind if Raw turns into 3 hours of just steph dancing and shit talking people.

She's bad, friend. She is bad.

It's likely she's going to start getting matches soon.

She can't just Bork her way into doing just PPV...or can she?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She's a married woman, Brother Bionic.

John Cena would never be unloyal and break a vow like the bond of marriage!

I wouldn't mind if Raw turns into 3 hours of just steph dancing and shit talking people.

She's bad, friend. She is bad.
Baddest chick on the roster.
20140630_RawGIF3.gif

#MillionDollarPrincess #BOSS #BaddestChick #TrinaBetterWatchOut

Also, HHH was awesome in that segment too. Has the opening segment been posted yet?

jred2k

Smackdown

Those Smackdown spoilers displease me greatly.

The gifs will be GLORIOUS!

Chris Jericho vs. The Miz is set for Monday's Raw from Montreal.
Sets up a Big Show return quite nicely. Cue a 3-month long feud that is essentially the Punk/Bryan/AJ feud, with Big Show in the AJ role as he decides which partner he wants to team with more. screw that wyatt fam nonsense

they have to get those resubscription numbers up

Alucard

Banned
People were not happy with Raw last night? Been watching long enough to know it doesn't really get much better than that. If you didn't pop for Steph, Swagger, Ambrose, or Jericho last night, you're dead inside as a wrestling fan.

Positivity break: best simpsons episode?

i'm starting to be a big fan of homer the vigilante.

been on a simpsons binge as of late.

seasons 4-8 is better than daniel bryan.

EDIT: aw shit, nathan for you is back tonight! YES YES YES

Positivity break: best simpsons episode?

i'm starting to be a big fan of homer the vigilante.

been on a simpsons binge as of late.

seasons 4-8 is better than daniel bryan.

EDIT: aw shit, nathan for you is back tonight! YES YES YES

I got Simpsons 1-10 for Christmas. Haven't watched an episode :(

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Remember when Vince was going to lead an army of hobos at wrestlemania? They can bring back that idea and just have Bryan be one of the random hobos.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Swagger and Zeb are going to be stupid over in the red states.
Yeah, the fuck is going on with that shit?
Someone got mad about someone else not hiring them. People with a crazy cult fanbase got mad at said person for being dumb but ended up looking even dumber in the process.

jred2k

4-8.

maybe the greatest written cartoon ever made. hyperbole much, but i grew up on this show.

Picking a favourite season is hard enough, let alone a single favourite episode. The episode with Bart and Lisa on opposing hockey teams is pretty great. There was a run of really good Treehouse of Horrors as well.

Noooo way I can pick just one.

But I think Homer The Smithers is up there for me.

Or Hurricane Neddy...or Camp Krusty...and I am a huge smashing pumpkins fan so homerpalooza...damnit!

EDIT-its easier to pick when the simpsons started its heel turn, for me personally its The Mansion Family

Top Bottom