• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Its not 1980, stuff like that today looks too cheesy, also both need to be IC players
let Adam Rose win the USA title.

The Rusev gimmick is literally straight out of the wrestling way back machine. Shit like this happened in the 70's and probably earlier. Same with Swagger's face turn.

Since we're talking Rose, Sandow gave him a good ass whoopin the other night. Rose's victory felt out of place to me. Was it just the Boston audience, or has the gimmick worn thin on people? Actually, was Rose ever over or just his theme song?

Alucard

Banned
OMG Alvarez with his faux facts and non-commital language.

"I don't think we'll ever see The Undertaker again. I mean...maybe, but probably not. I also don't think we'll ever see The Rock again. I mean, there's probably a chance, buuut..."

Meltzer does this shit too. Disguises not knowing shit by saying "Well, I don't think so, but don't rule it out!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member

"I don't think we'll ever see The Undertaker again. I mean...maybe, but probably not. I also don't think we'll ever see The Rock again. I mean, there's probably a chance, buuut..."

Meltzer does this shit too. Disguises not knowing shit by saying "Well, I don't think so, but don't rule it out!"

I think you're being a bit harsh here. Those are decent educated guesses.

Hasney

I don't get people being unhappy with the placement of certain talent on the card. Not everyone can be the top guy. It's okay to be a comedy guy. It's okay to be a mid-card guy. It's okay to be a jobber. Unless they're Bret Hart, they're probably not complaining.

It matters quite a bit in WWE though. If you want to see them wrestle some decent length matches, they often don't get the chance to do that. Rusev/Big E was pretty good and got some time though, so I'm hoping that with the roster thinning, we get more long mid-card matches on the PPVs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah we still gotta figure out who Horse was.

Aiii

So not worth it

This may be redundant mate, but if they annoy you so much, wouldn't it be simpler to not listen to them?

I don't get people being unhappy with the placement of certain talent on the card. Not everyone can be the top guy. It's okay to be a comedy guy. It's okay to be a mid-card guy. It's okay to be a jobber. Unless they're Bret Hart, they're probably not complaining.
I don't mind Adam Rose's placement on the card. I have a problem that he's on the card at all.

Comedy roles have their place. Like Sandow. Dude is entertaining week after week after week. The new gig works for him and people should realize that.

Alucard

Banned
This may be redundant mate, but if they annoy you so much, wouldn't it be simpler to not listen to them?

Listening to one more Alvarez pod, and Meltzer shows up on LAW. I don't mind Meltzer too much overall, but those "Maybe, maybe not" things are just non-points to me.

Man God, that's all well and good, but I don't think that's journalism. Just say "There is not enough information to say with certainty, so I'd rather not comment." They can give their opinion, but don't disguise it as journalism.

Cesaro should be a top face of the company, was already there basically at WM.

But... is that an eye-patch? Go on.

I just hate how the WWE title picture is the least interesting part of the show again to me. Can we ignore that shit and just get on with Ambrose and Rollins. Even without the belt that should be the main event.

RP912

Banned
tumblr_n5rbk3gFO61r2zt15o1_250.gif

Vintage orton

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was always bummed out they never did a proper Swagger/Cesaro feud. No Heyman/Zeb promos. No nothing. Instead they made Cesaro heel and just randomly threw in a RVD.

RP912

Banned
Was always bummed out they never did a proper Swagger/Cesaro feud. No Heyman/Zeb promos. No nothing. Instead they made Cesaro heel and just randomly threw in a RVD.

You would think after that godtier performance from wrestlemania 30 to swagger breaking his trophy would give us a good feud. Nope...instead cesaro is in midcard limbo wrestling anybody while swagger is about to have feud of the year.

So...has heyman ever gotten a single guy over besides brock? I mean, I know he managed big show and angle but that was basically to get brock over. As a manager, it doesn't seem like he has the greatest track record

RP912

Banned
So...has heyman ever gotten a single guy over besides brock? I mean, I know he managed big show and angle but that was basically to get brock over. As a manager, it doesn't seem like he has the greatest track record

19911123_dangerousalliance.jpg

This should have happen with the heyman guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Dangerous Alliance were all way over. Rick Rude. Steve Austin. Madusa. And many more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I forgot about the dangerous alliance. Little before my time I guess

Fortunately if you have a WWE Network sub, you can check out Halloween Havoc 91 and Clash of the Champions 17 (XVII) to see some of it. Goooood shit.

EDIT: And WrestleWar 92!

RP912

Banned
Fortunately if you have a WWE Network sub, you can check out Halloween Havoc 91 and Clash of the Champions 17 (XVII) to see some of it. Goooood shit.

EDIT: And WrestleWar 92!

My gawd so much this. The best wargames match of all time. Dudes were legit doing bodily harm to one another in that match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Was Main Event good last night? Couldn't watch. Deciding if it's worth my time or not

Nope, was quite bad.

Nothing like a 10-man one-comes-out-after-the-other promo to bore me to tears. They do this every time there's a Royal Rumble or Battle Royal coming up, it's THE WORST.

To be fair, they had to change plans because of Cesaro's injury.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrestleWar 92 is pretty goddamned dope, lots of heat from the crowd as well. Really good.

Guys I watched Halloween Havoc 1997 which ended with a fucking fan scaling the cage and getting beat up by savage and hogan. It was mind blowing.
I had never seen anything like it, and when I told some friends they were like "oh that happened all the time in wcw". You guys got any other examples?

Fucking great Rey/Eddie match too.

As for real world gaf issues, maaannnn this whole Robin Thicke saga is amazing. What an awful simp.

RP912

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;119226872 said:
Guys I watched Halloween Havoc 1997 which ended with a fucking fan scaling the cage and getting beat up by savage and hogan. It was mind blowing.
I had never seen anything like it, and when I told some friends they were like "oh that happened all the time in wcw". You guys got any other examples?

As for real world gaf issues, maaannnn this whole Robin Thicke saga is amazing. What an awful simp.

A macho man match in wcw will guarantee a fan being apart of the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;119226872 said:

Don't have a playlist unfortunately but this is a fun read:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-worst-wrestlerfan-altercations-in-history

Aiii

So not worth it
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF has come to terms with the release of Xater for "Thread whining" - we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

A bunch of clowns in ECW that never would have made it without him.

Public Enemy being a clear example.

Yup wont' commit one way or another so when something does happen they can gloat. They're a total sham.

Striker

Listening to one more Alvarez pod, and Meltzer shows up on LAW. I don't mind Meltzer too much overall, but those "Maybe, maybe not" things are just non-points to me.

Man God, that's all well and good, but I don't think that's journalism. Just say "There is not enough information to say with certainty, so I'd rather not comment." They can give their opinion, but don't disguise it as journalism.
Same can go for pro wrestling Youtube personalities. There's your Bruce Blitz who spend hours upon hours a day bitching about Cena getting this or doing that, and has been for almost ten years, and he continues to watch. Or when I and others saw clear as day that Cena was winning the title prior to MitB and said people would moan about it anyway. There's complaining but then there's complaining and continuing watching the program. It's more outrageous with smarky fans than with guys like Alvarez.

IWC's worst enemy Swagger is getting a great feud and the smarks can't handle it. Love it.
Less of it has to do with Swagger's wrestling ability or talent in general, but the "Real American" persona he's had since coming in. It's all about Zeb, without him it won't be anything other than a Big E/Rusev confrontation of USA pandering.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't a gaming-side thread, we can complain. This isn't a goddamn hugbox, this is an ultraviolent box of pain
ibjmNHrAX3CCfq.gif

Top Bottom