• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Kenobi

I don't get Meltzers post. So did he or didn't he hurt himself? Either he's hurt and it's not too bad or he's hurt and broke it? If he broke it wouldn't it have flopped around like a fish ala Sid?

The WWE Network is every WWE fan's dream. I watch it every day. I'm a fan that bought a PPV every month for like $50-$60 and now it's $10 a month with NXT and a ridiculously awesome on demand back catalog. I literally do not understand people shitting on it and saying "I'm gonna cancel now" or "WWE stole my money." My mind is boggled.

i died a little, thanks a lot.

I died a lot, thanks a little.

002.jpg

As always, courtesy of www.mughshots.com

The WWE Network is every WWE fan's dream. I watch it every day. I'm a fan that bought a PPV every month for like $50-$60 and now it's $10 a month with NXT and a ridiculously awesome on demand back catalog. I literally do not understand people shitting on it and saying "I'm gonna cancel now" or "WWE stole my money." My mind is boggled.
I like it. I don't like all the time spent promoting it. Yeah I know I shouldn't complain

What's hard to understand? I'm not happy with the product so I'm not going to give WWE money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Think long and hard about the people that need to get more for their $10 than what they have now.

These people have to make this $10 a month work. It's Pov City.

TL21xx

Banned
God, I don't think I've ever hated a wrestler the way I hate Roman Reigns. I wanted to only hate his booking, but so far the notches, sloppy ringwork and poor Mic skills he's showing in the main event really possible me off. The fact that he's heir apparent makes it sting all the more. I'm sure he's capable of better, but the crap he's getting away with is just... I hated to say it, but I can deal with 5 more years of Cena if this is the alternative, at least I can watch a 5 star match out of him every once in a while.

Smark ranting over. Needed that off my chest. At least we have NXT. Hopefully Rollins is okay. Love the Naruto redraw too, nice find Slamtastic.

I hate when wrestling fans seem to root against the WWE Network. It is an amazing deal for fans, and it's in everyone's interest to hope it succeeds!

The WWE is capable of producing greatness in the face of adversity. Another wrestling promotion isn't going to challenge them like WCW once did, so they have to destroy themselves.

It's in every wrestling fan's interest to actively root for the downfall of the Network to prompt the WWE to make a drastic change.

ATTENTION.jpg

The WWE is capable of producing greatness in the face of adversity. Another wrestling promotion isn't going to challenge them like WCW once did, so they have to destroy themselves.

It's in every wrestling fan's interest to actively root for the downfall of the Network to prompt the WWE to make a drastic change.

aww fuck that totally makes sense now....

What's hard to understand? I'm not happy with the product so I'm not going to give WWE money.

So you actively root for it to fail and feel the need to state how much you don't want it on a consistent basis? I don't like Halo, but I don't go into every Halo thread saying "I don't like Halo. I hope no one buys this and Microsoft exits the console business."

This is so asinine it borders on being produced by Kevin Dunn.

Vylash

People are incapable of realizing that not liking the current product doesn't mean there's not really good value in the network

dream

Someone made a very astute observation in the comments section of the Business Insider article about the Network flop.

Is there a dearth of wrestline related programming on television? 3 hours of Raw on Mondays, 2 hours of smackdown on Friday. If you are really a crackfiend, there is 2 hours of TNA programming on Thursday, and 1 hour WWE main event that shows on ION. Then 2.5 hours of pay-per-view content every 3 to 4 weeiks. Is there someone out there who really needs to consume more wrestling content then that?

He makes a great point. There is so much free wrestling on TV, and PPV events are largely meaningless, that if you somehow need more than what's freely available, it's probably time to reevaluate your life.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished Raw. Some random thoughts:

-The Sting ad was quick, but it was well done for what it was. That music...so good. I want to hear a full orchestral version.
-Did Rollins legit fuck up his knee? It sure looked like it with the way the doctor ran over and the way they hid Rollins away from the camera for the rest of the match.
-Nikki Bella is smoking hot. And she can actually kind of wrestle. And I enjoyed her match.
-Paige is AWFUL with a microphone in her hand. The honeymoon is over. And this storyline with AJ is as awkward as their mic work.
-Swagger is great, and so is Rusev. Their segment tonight was...okay.
-Holy Network push with the CM Punk Best in the World doc on tomorrow.
-I was expecting Sandow to interrupt Flair.
-RVD vs. Del Rio was bad. Really bad. And it was mostly on RVD for being slow as molasses.
-Sheamus vs. The Miz was good.
-Big E vs. Cesaro was alright. But why do black people only team with other black people?
-Reigns' talk time was minimized, and it did him some favours
-Ambrose was awesome in the beginning. Loved his promo and his "Is that all you got?" line.
-Y2J cut a pretty good promo...knew exactly where he was going with the "I've faced everybody and done everything!...but I've never met a man like Bray Wyatt" schtick. Still, not bad.
-Wyatt's promo was alright too, but I wish he'd go deeper. Talk about how Jericho runs away from his fans and leaves behind false promises about being there for them. Make it more explicit and less cryptic.
-Main event was just sort of there.
-Dolph gets Layla and Summer? Nice. Just don't make him dance too much.
-Eva Marie is still awkward in the ring.

Umm, yeah. I just hope Seth didn't legit mess up his knee and that he'll be okay.

Top Bottom