• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

So you actively root for it to fail and feel the need to state how much you don't want it on a consistent basis? I don't like Halo, but I don't go into every Halo thread saying "I don't like Halo. I hope no one buys this and Microsoft exits the console business."

I never said I wanted it to fail or even rooted for it to fail outside of a joking manner, and I've certainly done neither in the WWE Network thread.

Alucard

Banned
Castlevania SOTN kicking my ass as this RAW was sucking just makes me

ms9wrrf.gif

Plan B bruhzzzz

How is SOTN kicking your ass? The difficulty is pretty easy. It's a really fun exploration game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watch The Network more frequently than I watch RAW/Smackdown/TNA combined. Most weeks I skip and read this thread instead. I've been known to skip Raw and watch a WCW ppv instead.

I get the network just for old PPVs and new ppvs and for ten bucks it cannot be beat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I missed raw, anything important happen? I know there was a Sting in 2K15 trailer, but did actual Sting finally debut?

I actually have no clue where to check recaps or anything so I would apreciate actual responses :p

How is SOTN kicking your ass? The difficulty is pretty easy. It's a really fun exploration game.

i'm not really exploring enough which is not the proper way to play the game i must admit. I'm at the Colosseum where
you run into Richter for the first time and he sicks his two buddies against you.

All the enemies are damage sponges in all the new areas so...the new areas kick my ass, not the one's i already explored.

Great game though, i'm digging it. Blood Zombies sell harder than Ziggler.

Showaddy

I missed raw, anything important happen? I know there was a Sting in 2K15 trailer, but did actual Sting finally debut?

I actually have no clue where to check recaps or anything so I would apreciate actual responses :p

Nope just the game. Most important thing to happen might be Rollin's injury to be honest.

Alucard

Banned

Nice. Now we just need the head turn of Sting's face.
image.php

I also don't get people WANTING the Network to fail. Just makes NO SENSE. I don't even have it in Canada, but I want it just for the back catalog and specials. And PPVs.

Will you guys cheer if the Network is cancelled altogether? I think most of us would be pretty bummed. No more on demand PPVs and specials. Back to youtube quality video with occasional HD only.

Like...WTF people? Even if you don't like the current product, there is SO MUCH more to watch and get excited about.

image.php

I also don't get people WANTING the Network to fail. Just makes NO SENSE. I don't even have it in Canada, but I want it just for the back catalog and specials. And PPVs.

Will you guys cheer if the Network is cancelled altogether? I think most of us would be pretty bummed. No more on demand PPVs and specials. Back to youtube quality video with occasional HD only.

Like...WTF people? Even if you don't like the current product, there is SO MUCH more to watch and get excited about.

Attention-In-Post.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
image.php

I think some people are bitter because so far they have under delivered in terms of features, but more importantly the library. Most people were expecting to sign up and be able to instantly watch the attitude era RAWs and Smackdowns and such.

Alucard

Banned
i'm not really exploring enough which is not the proper way to play the game i must admit. I'm at the Colosseum where
you run into Richter for the first time and he sicks his two buddies against you.

All the enemies are damage sponges in all the new areas so...the new areas kick my ass, not the one's i already explored.

Great game though, i'm digging it. Blood Zombies sell harder than Ziggler.

Nice. Enjoy the ride if it's your first time. It's still my favourite game of all time by default. The music and overall mood simply can't be beat.

Cagey

Banned
image.php

It's a fan base too cheap to split $10/month between a couple dudes to pay for HD streaming PPVs because pirated streams in 120F quality are out there still, but hey let's then bitch about the product and how they never do what we (the non-paying protest customer) wants.

JavyOO7

I think the network will be a hit in the long run. I wish it wasn't hitting these road blocks but I feel if the WWE just keeps with it it should pay dividends in the future. The current product might not be so hot but there are fans that value the product from back in the day. So constantly ramming it home about that value should pay for itself.

Just NXT and WWE Main Event is worth it (for me). But with the PPVs of current and past I can't say no for 10 bucks a month. Even if eventually it goes 15-20 bucks a month.

The tech team, whether its MLB Media or WWE's own team just needs to get the player working correctly. Still too many glitches. I wouldn't be surprised if those same glitches are causing some viewers to back out from the network. Once the player is working at a hundred percent, think Netflix which has an outstanding player, then the GUI could use tremendous lift. I look at how the interface is and it isn't so hot in my eyes.

When that's done just focus on putting great content, old and new. Get all the WWE stuff out of the way and then I'm sure there are subscribers who value NWA/WCW/AWA/WCCW/ECW and all the other promotions that WWE has IP rights to then upload that content. Uploading all that content will be a massive under taking but I'm sure WWE is ready for that task.

Its cliche, but I feel its a marathon and not a sprint. I'm sure this thing will be what this promotion wants eventually. But it really needs to get the little things down pat first.

Alucard

Banned
I think some people are bitter because so far they have under delivered in terms of features, but more importantly the library. Most people were expecting to sign up and be able to instantly watch the attitude era RAWs and Smackdowns and such.

Yeah, that's definitely a bummer. When are they going to start putting those up? It's a big reason I'd like to get it once it comes to Canada. Want to watch the whole '97 to 2000 run.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nope just the game. Most important thing to happen might be Rollin's injury to be honest.

thanks, shame about Rollins injury, let me guess, it happened in a totally safe move instead of the many times he tries to kill himself?

image.php

Who wants the network to fail? I just don't want the announcers begging (seriously rewatch, at one of the shills Cole literally says "please buy the WWE Network") minimum once every half hour of a three-hour program for anything. Settle down, it'll all be clear, don't pay no mind to the demons, they fill you with fear

Alucard

Banned
Wanting the network to fail and thinking it's going to fail are two different things...

Agreed. But threatening to cancel subscriptions because you don't like the current product is just weird considering how much more content the Network provides for your 10 bucks a month.

Are you able to look up individual matches from PPVs on it, or do you have to scroll through a whole PPV to get to the match you want?

Alucard

Banned
Who wants the network to fail? I just don't want the announcers begging (seriously rewatch, at one of the shills Cole literally says "please buy the WWE Network") minimum once every half hour of a three-hour program for anything. Settle down, it'll all be clear, don't pay no mind to the demons, they fill you with fear

Desperate times. The hardcores should start coming on board now with the Monday Night Wars specials, and the CM Punk doc likely got a few hundred on board too. I don't mind the shameless shilling because I really want the Network to succeed so that I can get a taste of it in Canada one day. :(

Agreed. But threatening to cancel subscriptions because you don't like the current product is just weird considering how much more content the Network provides for your 10 bucks a month.

If someone got the WWE Network strictly for the back catalog would you chastise them for not watching the current product then?

Joeki11a

Banned
Stop it WWE trying to push this 15 times champ BS, first with the 2k15 cover now usingg Flair to push it to, Flair giving props to cena looks idiotic, it should be hogan doing this ass kissing. Their is zero related things about flair and cena, we know cena is more of a hogan character.

Top Bottom