• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

that's the impact zone brotha

i11Psn5aYNAcy.gif

THAT ENTIRE TRAVESTY

Damn. Raw has been so good for a while, probably the hottest streak in years, but tonight was just dog shit. Awful crowd, awful matches, awkward segments, and three hours of the WWE saying over and over again "you guys like Reigns, RIGHT? RIGHT?"

Reigns entire personality and promo style is basically "no, you."

"I'm going to kick your ass!"
Reigns: "Maybe you'll get your ass kicked."

Dude is so awkward and so not ready for prime time. He makes Bryan look like The Rock.

PInk Tape

Banned
I've really warmed up to Lana since her debut. I wasn't a huge fan of hers from the start but now I think she and Stephanie are the best females on the mic in this company.

I really think it was a bad idea to break up the Shield when they did. The three man-group is such a cool concept, and they had to muck it up to try and fill in some tough voids.

Evolution 2.0 dying as fast as it did was also a stupid move. Instead of Orton, HHH, and Batista - you could have easily had Kane, Sami Zayn, and Ziggler form a "corporate" stable.

Instead, the Wyatts are emaciated, Shield is dead, and Cena is champ.

Haven't watched since two months after Wrestlemania but :LOL

Cena got the championship again?

Why?

Who did he beat?

KissVibes

Banned
yeah i think he's hurt for real.
if he is what do they do w/ the briefcase?

Night after Payback: Cena is in the ring and Rollins comes out and just bashes him with the briefcase. Relentlessly. Throws Cena into the stairs, slaps him around a little, just really works Cena over. He goes to cash it in, is about to hit the Piece of Mind/Curbstomp - BAM! John Cena with the last of his strength hits an AA out of nowhere for the win over Rollins. Not only does it make Rollins look incredibly strong and dangerous going forward, it also makes Brock look somewhat credible going into SummerSlam.

Wasn't the popular story before MitB that Barrett was supposed to win the briefcase before he got hurt to cash it in later next year?

Hasney

I've decided to go back on auto-renew for WWE Network after Raw. Partially because I feel bad now, like depriving a homeless guy of a sandwich, but mostly because I'm worried that the Network won't be there when I want to watch things and re-subscribe.

Also, Bad News on Battleground yay.

EDIT: No Heyman

gif-fuck-donald-cartoons-369498.gif

I have to apologize to dream and I guess bean breath. I thought their "WWE Network is a failure" posts were gimmicks but from the sound of tonight's RAW posts it actually sounds like that's the case.

RIP WWE Network

2014-2014

No apology necessary.

------------------------------------------------------------

I just noticed what appears to be a WWE corporate employee conducting a Network product survey in the OT.

Hasney

WWE writers are horrible so they don't actually write long term plans for Wyatt, so we don't really know his true motivations or his end game. A Cena feud didn't help matters, but that happens to anyone in a Cena feud. Reigns is lucky he isn't a heel right now.

It's all part of the Nexus' bigger picture.

PInk Tape

Banned
I want a WWE manga now.

Vince
kun
make it happen. Pls.

It may be the thing that saves your company from the failure that is the Network.

So you actively root for it to fail and feel the need to state how much you don't want it on a consistent basis? I don't like Halo, but I don't go into every Halo thread saying "I don't like Halo. I hope no one buys this and Microsoft exits the console business."

This is the Pro Wrestling thread, not the WWE thread.

The Network has its own thread, nothing but positivity from what I hear.

PInk Tape

Banned
It's nice to see multiple women storylines instead of the usual one or the rare sighting of two.

Thanks to whoever it is that's doing it. I appreciate it.

I'd also like to mention that Nikki has been improving in her ring work as of late. She's really impressed me like how Brie did a couple months ago in the Paige match she had.

I just noticed Sting has his full Crow Sting attire in that video.

No t-shirt.
Body double.
"Body double for STING Photo Double Male / 38 to 50 / Caucasian, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic, Mixed, Multi-Ethnic 6'2, 250lb of pure muscle. Prefer a guy with wrestling experience, very fit. HEAVILY muscular. Slightly longer dark hair. Will have a full face of make up on. paying a higher rate as we need a GREAT double for this."

He basically said they didn't fit with his Christian values. Bow they do.

He said in the TNA doc that the real reason he always passed on WWE is how he saw all the WCW people treated on screen when Vince bought WCW.

He said the tipping point for him was watching the episode of Raw in June 2001 where Booker T, who was the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, confronted The Rock in Madison Square Garden. The Rock looked at him like he was a jobber and said, "And who are you?" He said at that point, he never trusted WWE to not make him look like that and never went.

Even after that, he was supposedly really close to signing with WWE right after Goldberg did in 2003 and the early plans for the Bad Blood June 2003 PPV had Sting vs. Triple H. When Sting got cold feet and went to do some cameos for TNA, they dug up Kevin Nash and had him feud with HHH. The word was also that Sting was pushing for them to sign Lex Luger as well. Vince had no interest in bringing Luger back, so that also helped keep Sting away. Supposedly if they had signed Luger, Sting would have agreed immediately.

Hasney

He said in the TNA doc that the real reason he always passed on WWE is how he saw all the WCW people treated on screen when Vince bought WCW.

He said the tipping point for him was watching the episode of Raw in June 2001 where Booker T, who was the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, confronted The Rock in Madison Square Garden. The Rock looked at him like he was a jobber and said, "And who are you?" He said at that point, he never trusted WWE to not make him look like that and never went.

Even after that, he was supposedly really close to signing with WWE right after Goldberg did in 2003 and the early plans for the Bad Blood June 2003 PPV had Sting vs. Triple H. When Sting got cold feet and went to do some cameos for TNA, they dug up Kevin Nash and had him feud with HHH. The word was also that Sting was pushing for them to sign Lex Luger as well. Vince had no interest in bringing Luger back, so that also helped keep Sting away. Supposedly if they had signed Luger, Sting would have agreed immediately.

Ahhhh right, never watched that. Luger kinda works for WWE now, so that helps.

Think Sting probably made the right decision by keeping away, would be a much bigger deal coming in much later. The only problem is, I think he left it too late if he shows up at all.

Ahhhh right, never watched that. Luger kinda works for WWE now, so that helps.

Think Sting probably made the right decision by keeping away, would be a much bigger deal coming in much later. The only problem is, I think he left it too late if he shows up at all.

Yep, I agree completely. His time to come in was 2011 when they had WM in Atlanta. Would have been the perfect place to get his HOF induction, then face Taker the next night and call it a career with a WWE legends deal.

Hopefully if he's going to wrestle at WM31, he can get into decent shape. Watching him those last few months on TNA wrestling in t-shirts was some sad shit. I understand he's 55 now, but c'mon.

Top Bottom