• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

tumblr_loqw1qs2Qy1qkiqdko1_500.gif

So edgy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As long as Vince is alive I don't think his opinion on Punk really matters. They are afterall airing that Punk doc on the Network and advertising it, alongside pushing his wife as Diva's champion. This suggests there really isn't any bad blood between WWE and Punk whatsoever.

Usually if there's bad blood WWE will bury the superstar like they did with Bret and Hogan in the past. This didn't happen here.

The only person I can think of who is right now persona non grata in the entire industry is Double J.

Joeki11a

Banned
So they might as well put him in the HOF class right?, its over,

Sting headlines, Macho Man, Punk would love it to be part of a class like that.

Also this is not about bad blood, its Vince milking punk after he soul in, he now gets to make millions off Punk for decades.

Vylash

As long as Vince is alive I don't think his opinion on Punk really matters. They are afterall airing that Punk doc on the Network and advertising it, alongside pushing his wife as Diva's champion. This suggests there really isn't any bad blood between WWE and Punk whatsoever.

Usually if there's bad blood WWE will bury the superstar like they did with Bret and Hogan in the past. This didn't happen here.

They're pushing the Punk documentary because the network is tanking and they're in absolute desperation mode, they're still pushing AJ because she's the only diva that gets a reaction and sells a ton of merch, that's it

strobogo

Banned
They took shots at Austin for months when he took his ball and went home. If only he had had gotomeeting.com on that fateful day, he could have looked Vince in the eye and things might have been different. But he didn't and he left and the past is the past.

But they still took pot shots at him for the next 3 or 4 months. The biggest guy in history. They have completely ignored Punk since the Rumble and the only time he's been mentioned in a negative way was a one off Stephanie comment directed more towards the crowd for trying to ruin the segment than Punk himself. I don't think there is any bad blood, or if there is, they've learned from the Austin thing not to air it in public.

Joeki11a

Banned
Funny thing many forget, slick back hair white shirt punk was basically a WwE creation, he soul into the wwe realm at this point he became
iconic trademarked wwe persona.

Before this Punk always seemed like himself,
this true wrestler in a land of wwe suuperstars,
dude got extremely payed during his run.

Oh btw I take it back, interacting with nash was the worst part of his career, it still baffles my mind how HHH injected not only himself but of all people freaking Nash into this buzz, wtf?, then it even led to HHH beating punk to!.

strobogo

Banned
Jarrett’s reinvention as a tough, Southern villain during WWE’s “Attitude Era” has largely been forgotten — although a partnership with Owen Hart was as entertaining as it was successful — but he had a run of luck with the persona in WCW. Reintroduced to the organization as "The Chosen One," Jarrett blasted so many guys with guitars even The Honky Tonk Man had to be like, “Dude, ease up.” Still, he managed to parlay his Pete Townsend impression into a spot as one of the top villains of the company’s post-boom period.

WWE.com

They also use his bio to take a shot at Erik Watts for no reason. I swear there was a front page article about him or with him as the picture that wasn't negative. I bet they'd have him as a talking head on a DVD.

Would have been nice for Punk to go out putting someone over but yeah. If I was about to retire and my last feud was going to be jobbing to Triple H I would walk as well.

alstein

People still think TNA's so good you should take a pay cut to stay there, even when people currently in TNA confirm indies pay better, so I especially don't get the idea that he's making jack at fucking New Japan and ROH of all places (the latter maybe, but definitely not New Japan).

There have been several reports of TNA wrestlers on food stamps.

Alucard

Banned
Fave five wrestling games

1. WCW/NWO Revenge
2. Wrestlefest
3. Pro Wrestling

Uhh...that's about it as far as my experience goes. I remember some of No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 or whatever. Warzone for PSX was okay just because it was one of the only games available, and it had good visuals for the time.

zychi

Banned
Straight Edge Society was completely worth it for the Rumble where Punk would eliminate somebody, cut a promo, be interrupted by somebody else entering, eliminate them, then go back to the promo

That was when he ran Nexus, wasn't it?

SES was just him, Bald guy and Serena.

That was when he ran Nexus, wasn't it?

SES was just him, Bald guy and Serena.

It was SES, Serena kept handing him the mic from ringside each time he had a break between eliminating people. It was Bearded Jesus Punk. It ended when HHH buried him out of the ring :[

Vylash

Hello, friends. It's a new day and therefore I think we should take this moment to gaze upon the face of the most must see WWE superstar in history and current hollywood superstar The Miz

The-Miz-Pictures-44.jpg

Enjoy

Finished the Sting/DDP match. Two things:

1. When was the last time there was a wrestling show in North Dakota?

2. How the fuck was that match not the main event? "We've still got about an hour and forty-five minutes to go in this program still!" What?

Snaku

Banned
Finished the Sting/DDP match. Two things:

1. When was the last time there was a wrestling show in North Dakota?

2. How the fuck was that match not the main event? "We've still got about an hour and forty-five minutes to go in this program still!" What?

Because they needed Sting to drop the title in the actual main event.

Snaku

Banned
So the title switched hands twice? Why? Was the second match at least decent?

Cheap ratings ploy to lure viewers away from Raw. Give the fans what they want by putting the belt on Sting, then return to status quo like nothing happened by putting it back on DDP by the end of the show. It was so cheap, and felt like a slap in the face at the time.

I know Sting was worried about Vince misusing him, or flat out burying him, back when WCW talent was being absorbed into the WWE and that's why he never signed. But I really don't think Vince would have ever screwed Sting over as much or as badly as WCW did from Starrcade 97 onward.

PInk Tape

Banned
Best commentary team from the modern era. Fuck everone else

tumblr_mwf0p2uB2E1s588h8o1_1280.png

I remember tuning into Superstars just for their commentary and I was always entertained by it.

One of the most underrated commentary teams imo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to find more commentary Punk gifs in my archives...

tumblr_lr4olzvrNQ1qku7ah.gif

tumblr_lqmg2us8SN1qlkhtz.gif

tumblr_lsgwdiYT3X1qk2h7p.gif

tumblr_ls7anm5D8r1qbu7w1.gif

Phatmac

After watching the CM Punk BITW doc I really will miss the guy. He had it all honestly. It's a shame that the wwe didn't really know what to do with for a long time. He was a future wwe HOF guy that could've been a huge star but the wwe messed it up like they usually do. The guy still got a lot of great moments but he isn't a true legend of wrestling. His career ended up being a little disappointing but he gave it his all. Gonna miss him.

Top Bottom