• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Malvingt2

tumblr_static_cm_punk_148.gif

tumblr_loqw1qs2Qy1qkiqdko1_500.gif

:(

Alucard

Banned
I love Stardust's theme, but...I just can't get on board with his character like everyone else here. I just don't get it. And I'm totally open-minded and like challenging material, but this is just...I have no connection to it.

Joeki11a

Banned
It was a goofy cornball segment where Goldberg wore a wig for a minute then told Goldust to fuck off. I doubt Bill's "pride" would have been hurt.

It should of never happen, IMO it was done to mock Bill and he didnt even realize it. It was a new version of "who the hell are yoou" ala Booker.

Lets hope Vince doesnt mock Sting

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

* SmackDown kicks off with Dean Ambrose in the ring. He's pissed off and talks about Randy Orton, Kane and Seth Rollins beating him down on RAW. Ambrose wants revenge tonight.

* Alberto Del Rio defeated Kofi Kingston.

* Alicia Fox vs. Eva Marie with Nikki Bella as special referee ends in a no contest when they both attack Nikki.

* Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a promo on The Wyatt Family. Jericho vs. Luke Harper is next. This was said to be a great back and forth match. Harper nailed a big powerbomb at one point but Jericho kicked out. Jericho put Harper in the Walls of Jericho but Erick Rowan interfered and then Bray Wyatt interfered. The Usos ran out to make the save.

* Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter come out to a nice reception for an in-ring segment. They're interrupted by Lana and Rusev for another anti-American promo.

* Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus vs. Fandango and The Miz is next. Ziggler and Sheamus get the win after a solid tag team match.

* AJ Lee and Paige defeated Layla and Summer Rae when AJ made Summer tap.

* Dean Ambrose vs. Kane is the main event. It ends when Seth Rollins attacks Ambrose. Kane brings in steel steps and chokeslams Ambrose. Rollins hits a stomp on top of the steps. This is apparently where SmackDown ended. Roman Reigns ran out for the save but we're not sure if it was part of the dark main event or not.

Dean is getting that Daniel Bryan after Summerslam booking. WWE is trying to create another Bryan again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sting v Hart Mayhem 99 as far as late 90s PPVs.

Sting v DDP Monday Nitro April 26, 1999 is probably his best match in that era. Typical WCW fucktarded booking at the time ruined the match 90 minutes later.

I was going to recommend the Mayhem match but honestly it just feels wrong. They should have been able to put on a better match than that.

Starcade 97!

http://i.imgur.com/vJH0L22.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Snaku, post: 121219429"]Sting v Hart Mayhem 99 as far as late 90s PPVs.

Sting v DDP Monday Nitro April 26, 1999 is probably his best match in that era. Typical WCW fucktarded booking at the time ruined the match 90 minutes later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will check em out.

Joeki11a

Banned
Worst part of Punks career was being a Nexus leader, they should of ran that angle later on using Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose

Oh lets not forget Punk sacrificing for that big goof Faketista debut forget his name, what a flop that guy was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's just a shame Punk's WWE career ended the way it did, with a whimper. It's a shame.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's just a shame Punk's WWE career ended the way it did, with a whimper. It's a shame.

Korporate Kane was too much for him. I don't blame him; just looking at those old man abs next to his skinny fat ass body and knowing he'd never look that good today, let alone at 50.

Punk has his health and his mental well-being and banging AJ Lee. I say in most respects he's won.

FAVE FIVE CASTLEVANIA SUB-WEAPONS

- CLOCK
- LIGHTNING THING
- SOTN KNIFE
- CROSS
- HOLY WATER

Big One

Banned
Triple H is going to do everything in his power for that not to happen.
As long as Vince is alive I don't think his opinion on Punk really matters. They are afterall airing that Punk doc on the Network and advertising it, alongside pushing his wife as Diva's champion. This suggests there really isn't any bad blood between WWE and Punk whatsoever.

Usually if there's bad blood WWE will bury the superstar like they did with Bret and Hogan in the past. This didn't happen here.

Punk went out like the GOAT.

A. He's bitching up a storm like angsty teen and that's just his style. 2., he's going to be a hot commodity lways leave them wanting more" etc. and D. he won't ruin his legacy by wrestling into his 40s/50s.

Top Bottom