• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Verendus

Banned
'On Sunday, the person that I want to be the face of the WWE will walk out as the WWE World Heavyweight champion.'

So basically, Cena is going to win, Lesnar's music is going to hit and he's going to beat the shit out of him in a quick match to take the title? Battleground is actually looking okay. Jericho/Wyatt, Rollins/Ambrose, Battle Royal, WWE World title match where Lesnar will end up champion somehow.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ has been sitting down indian style since her program with Punk in 2012, in fact she has sat in that exact location in commentary before.

Also, she referenced Best Diva in the World not the day after Punk left, but the day before she left on the Raw after Mania, and I am not convinced she wasn't told to say that.

For the record, like with Brie, I don't think real life relationships should be referenced in character.

1W3w1f0.jpg

I remember playing this back in the day. It was kind of fun diving off of vending machines in the back but also kind of stupid that the game didn't have a wrestling ring in it, hahaha.

Sid

'On Sunday, the person that I want to be the face of the WWE will walk out as the WWE World Heavyweight champion.'

So basically, Cena is going to win, Lesnar's music is going to hit and he's going to beat the shit out of him in a quick match to take the title? Battleground is actually looking okay. Jericho/Wyatt, Rollins/Ambrose, Battle Royal, WWE World title match where Lesnar will end up champion somehow.
Plan C is Bork borking the shit out of Rolins to take the MiTB briefcase and cashing it in on Cena at Battleground and the Shield re forming

I like how Meltzer is constantly asked shit like "So where does Daniel Bryan fit in when he comes back?" like he would have any clue. But that's what I like about Meltz, he'll answer anyway with speculation and wrestling inc and zone or whatever will post it as fact.

jred2k

I like how Meltzer is constantly asked shit like "So where does Daniel Bryan fit in when he comes back?" like he would have any clue. But that's what I like about Meltz, he'll answer anyway with speculation and wrestling inc and zone or whatever will post it as fact.

And then we discuss it for several pages taking it as fact. Behind the scenes if far more interesting than what we get onscreen right now so we might as well speculate.

Striker

Look at the list of feuds, though. He lost to ALL of those part timers, and rumor was he was going to lose to another one again. It was just a string of being taken advantage of for being a good hand.
Getting in a match, lose or not, is a huge rub when he's facing The Rock and Undertaker. He was allowed to look great against both, despite the large size difference. What other wrestler in the WWE got to do this? Brock match went how it should be. In fact, if Brock would have lost it would have furthered his value even more. Bad enough needing Paul Heyman's aid in beating these guys, but he lost doing so against Triple H at Wrestlemania 29.

As for his potential Triple H match, I had really no care in the world for it. I also saw no benefit whatsoever of Triple H winning because there's no title, no streak, he's no Lesnar, only thing that strikes to mind is a huge ego. I didn't see why they were pegged to fight anyways except just because.

jmdajr

Sunny how much guilt do you have? That's like 3 cism threads in the time span of a week.

All valid things to talk about, just wondering. Perhaps your dealing with some shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny how much guilt do you have? That's like 3 cism threads in the time span of a week.

All valid things to talk about, just wondering. Perhaps your dealing with some shit.

No guilt!

Don't judge a cook by his mother. Or whatever that is...

Striker

Was it in Chicago when Bryan was in the ring doing a promo (with Stephanie, I believe), the fans were chanting for CM Punk? That shit is awful.

With the exception of Chicago, the WWE could have stopped idiot fans from chanting CM Punk if they wanted to it's just that they didn't give a shit and figured out they could make more money by keeping him alive.

Showaddy

With the exception of Chicago, the WWE could have stopped idiot fans from chanting CM Punk if they wanted to it's just that they didn't give a shit and figured out they could make more money by keeping him alive.

Yep he's still shifting more merch than the majority of the roster so might as well just cash in.

DMczaf

I like how Meltzer continues his "Did you notice those CM Punk chants died pretty quickly? That tells you something." talking point that someone at WWE is probably feeding him.

Punk has been gone for 6-7 months and still gets chants. I'd say that says more.

Joeki11a

Banned
Shut up paul, nobody wants to see HHH vs Sting.

I hate this guy, he really thinks he is even allowed to be named with the rocks austins stings of the world, he called himself a legend lol
shhh you aint even bigger than HBK in wwe fool.

Getting in a match, lose or not, is a huge rub when he's facing The Rock and Undertaker. He was allowed to look great against both, despite the large size difference. What other wrestler in the WWE got to do this? Brock match went how it should be. In fact, if Brock would have lost it would have furthered his value even more. Bad enough needing Paul Heyman's aid in beating these guys, but he lost doing so against Triple H at Wrestlemania 29.

As for his potential Triple H match, I had really no care in the world for it. I also saw no benefit whatsoever of Triple H winning because there's no title, no streak, he's no Lesnar, only thing that strikes to mind is a huge ego. I didn't see why they were pegged to fight anyways except just because.
I agree with you. Punk losing was right for all of those feuds. I think what Punk and many of us felt was he paid his dues in those feuds. Would he ever get a personal payoff for them, or was he being Kofied?

Joeki11a

Banned
I agree with you. Punk losing was right for all of those feuds. I think what Punk and many of us felt was he paid his dues in those feuds. Would he ever get a personal payoff for them, or was he being Kofied?

Are you forgetting HHH beat him clean during his biggest buzz?, i am shocked he didnt quit after that, then again it was perhaps a deal so he gets to do what we saw afterwards.

Top Bottom