• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Ultratech

Kofi definitely earns his keep whenever there's some battle royale or some shit. Like when he was entered in the MITB match you knew he had no chance of winning but you weren't pissed he was in it because he was definitely gonna do something awesome. And he did.

Additionally:
-Jobber when you need him to be.
-IC/US Title Holder when you need him to be.
-Random Tag Team man when necessary (though this hasn't applied in a while?)
-As mentioned, surviving in wacky/goofy ways in Battle Royals.

Basically a solid midcarder, but that's about all he's gonna amount to.
Jumping only gets you so far.

For gif purposes I've had to go back to Night of Champions 2012 and it made me rediscover two things:

1) There's a segment after Team Hell No win the Tag Titles where Kane pours Gatorade over Bryan, AJ, and Dr. Shelby and it is just delightful.

2) "Hall of Fame" gets a lot of play in this thread but why not THIS SONG

Now that I think about it, this song popped up in my head not too long ago when we were chatting about PPV songs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Additionally:
-Jobber when you need him to be.
-IC/US Title Holder when you need him to be.
-Random Tag Team man when necessary (though this hasn't applied in a while?)
-As mentioned, surviving in wacky/goofy ways in Battle Royals.

Basically a solid midcarder, but that's about all he's gonna amount to.
Jumping only gets you so far.

WWE has several 'solid' guys now, and many more coming from developmental. 'Solid' isn't good enough. Especially when what WWE needs right now is strong characters with strong storylines.

For gif purposes I've had to go back to Night of Champions 2012 and it made me rediscover two things:

1) There's a segment after Team Hell No win the Tag Titles where Kane pours Gatorade over Bryan, AJ, and Dr. Shelby and it is just delightful.

Now that I think about it, this song popped up in my head not too long ago when we were chatting about PPV songs.

I'm not certain but I think Dr. Shelby was a groomsman in Daniel Bryan's wedding on Total Divas.

Better than last year's theme which was reused for the Hall of Fame this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTmM8S9I6ek

Also in the 2012 and 2013 editions, the alternate theme used was one of D-Bry's old themes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqsjIGPBg8

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be at Battleground in person. Should I make a sign?

i96ydQrJ8uCyf.gif

zychi

Banned
I'm into the following:

-Pro wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, DGUSA, NXT, NJPW, PWG)
-Post-rock (Mogwai, EITS, etc.)
-Movie soundtracks (The Fountain, LotR...)
-Most music genres
-EPL soccer (Go Gunners)
-NHL (Go Pens)
-Reading (Asimov, C.S. Lewis, and mostly sci-fi, but I read other fiction as well)
-Teaching English
-Writing about wrestling
-DDP Yoga
-Comics (mostly Daredevil and Green Arrow)

And I used to be into but now have little time for...
-Anime (Cowboy Bebop, Satoshi Kon and Miyazaki movies, and anything good)
-Video games (up to PS2 and Wii)
-Movies (of the typical nerd variety, but even those don't grab me as much anymore)

Who wants to be on my Survivor Series team?

I would, except you're a dirty Pens fan.

Is CM Punk a massive mainstream star? Did he draw two of the biggest buyrates in history with Cena? No. OK then. Take your documentary on the Network and be happy Punk hasn't been shoved down the memory hole with Benoit and Randy Savage, pre a few years ago.

Rock is only on the cover because hes a "massive mainstream star". His rivalry with Cena wasn't better than Punks with Johns.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, I don't get the "Sina" inside joke. Where did it come from?

Legitshook.com was found in search results for "John Sina fuck.com" for some reason. It took on a life of its own.

EDIT: Speaking of Shook Searches, there's some minor disturbances in today's:
eoi1vZJ.png

Rock is only on the cover because hes a "massive mainstream star". His rivalry with Cena wasn't better than Punks with Johns.

Did I say that? They're trying to sell DVD's, not get five star ratings on DVD's from geeks like me on the Internet. So, yes, put the guy who people actually know on the box.

Alucard

Banned
Listening to a bunch of Fozzy tonight. Jericho's band is quite good. Some nice guitar hooks and catchy tunes.

Also doing this while reading Jericho's second book for the past hour and a bit. Just finished the chapter in which he talks about becoming the first ever Undisputed Champion, only to go to the back and see that everyone is gone...and then going back to his hotel, unable to call room service because it ended an hour before he got there. So he ordered Domino's, went down to the lobby, but forgot his room key upstairs, which led to an argument with the checkout clerk about needing to get to his room to get the ID the clerk was asking for to verify his identity. He celebrated his Undisputed victory with cold pizza alone in a hotel. Funny stuff.

In Jericho fanboy mode tonight.

strobogo

Banned
Phil Collins is weird to me. Half the time he's REAL AS FUCK, the other half is trash. I Don't Care Anymore is fucking brutal. I love it. Two Hearts is cheesy SHIT, and I love it too. Tarzan theme is garbage. Phil Collins is hit or miss, but when he hits, he hits hard.

Phil Collins is a lot like Paul McCartney to me. They are obviously capable of incredible songs, but have a tendency to slip into the lamest, most embarrassing to listen to white people music. Even worse, really embarrassing English white people music. Basically the entirety of the 80s and 90s for Paul was filled with some truly terrible shit. But then you hear Beatles stuff and 70s stuff and then his last few albums in the 2000s (which were top tier stuff from him in my opinion) and you're like, WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING IN THE 80S, MAN?

Top Bottom